Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit random but are people in other parts of the country receiving their post as normal?

My local RM sorting office is still only open for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week due to covid. Our post has been so irregular and it’s a mild inconvenience.

Reactions: 5
Bit random but are people in other parts of the country receiving their post as normal?

My local RM sorting office is still only open for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week due to covid. Our post has been so irregular and it’s a mild inconvenience.
Yes super slow! It’s taken a month for me to receive post that was mailed out by my previous employer. (Usually would have taken a week or so)

Reactions: 4

Ours have had to walk out the union has called for a deep clean of the building because there's been so many cases,we've had no mail for a few days,maybe it's going on in other regions too ?

Press conference at 5pm with bojo but no Whitty 😭😭
Van Tam and someone else is going to be there. Sturgeon to make an announcement tomorrow concerning the hospitality industry.

Another outbreak in NZ just days after it was announced it was covid free .Ardern seems to jinx herself the same thing happened last time.

Last edited:
Just found out my cousin (who is 13) has caught covid in hospital.

He has already been through it this year with what we now know is a tumour on his bladder which has been causing him pain all year only just being discovered - throughout lockdown they just gave him antibiotics for a bladder infection as they were only doing phone appointments. Tuesday rushed to hospital in lots of pain- tested negative on admission. On Thursday he had a scan which showed the tumour and had it removed in surgery on Sunday. Still waiting to find out if it is cancerous which I’m already anxious about but now he’s also caught covid after test yesterday which came back today positive.

I’m really hoping because he is young he will be okay but getting it whilst recovering from surgery is probably not ideal 😭

I know it’s hard to stop the spread in hospitals but it does make me angry that he’s caught it whilst there 😔

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
"It is hoped trials will start in January, with results expected by May 2021, pending approval from regulatory bodies and ethics committees."

:ROFLMAO: vaccine and "normality" just around the corner then!

And May is with them rushing and shortcutting things.

Meanwhile Boris and HanCOCK will probably still be claiming the vaccine will be here by January or something.

I do wish they would all just get their various stories straight.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

He has already been through it this year with what we now know is a tumour on his bladder which has been causing him pain all year only just being discovered - throughout lockdown they just gave him antibiotics for a bladder infection as they were only doing phone appointments. Tuesday rushed to hospital in lots of pain. On Thursday he had a scan which showed the tumour and had it removed in surgery on Sunday. Still waiting to find out if it is cancerous which I’m already anxious about but now he’s also caught covid.

I’m really hoping because he is young he will be okay but getting it whilst recovering from surgery is probably not ideal 😭

I know it’s hard to stop the spread in hospitals but it does make me angry that he’s caught it whilst there 😔
I’m so sorry to hear that, I really hope that he will be ok xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
"It is hoped trials will start in January, with results expected by May 2021, pending approval from regulatory bodies and ethics committees."

:ROFLMAO: vaccine and "normality" just around the corner then!

And May is with them rushing and shortcutting things.

Meanwhile Boris and HanCOCK will probably still be claiming the vaccine will be here by January or something.

I do wish they would all just get their various stories straight.
I'm still" holding out for a hero " 😂

• Haha
I’m so sorry to hear that, I really hope that he will be ok xx
Thank you. He doesn’t have symptoms apparently so I’m really hoping he will be fine and am of course more worried about the tumour but he is also on quite a bit of morphine which could be masking symptoms and I’m sure even having an asymptomatic infection won’t aid him healing. I’m just hoping he will be okay.

They really need to start routine testing staff, it’s not fair on them or patients for it to be spreading in hospitals 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 9

He has already been through it this year with what we now know is a tumour on his bladder which has been causing him pain all year only just being discovered - throughout lockdown they just gave him antibiotics for a bladder infection as they were only doing phone appointments. Tuesday rushed to hospital in lots of pain- tested negative on admission. On Thursday he had a scan which showed the tumour and had it removed in surgery on Sunday. Still waiting to find out if it is cancerous which I’m already anxious about but now he’s also caught covid after test yesterday which came back today positive.

Ahh no poor lad 😞 Hope hes ok ❤ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you. He doesn’t have symptoms apparently so I’m really hoping he will be fine and am of course more worried about the tumour but he is also on quite a bit of morphine which could be masking symptoms and I’m sure even having an asymptomatic infection won’t aid him healing. I’m just hoping he will be okay.

They really need to start routine testing staff, it’s not fair on them or patients for it to be spreading in hospitals 😔
That's why the need to control it ,there's been so many patients have died from it just because their immune system was slightly compromised because of illness when otherwise they would've led full lives .I hope your cousin makes a full and speedy recovery ..

• Heart
So tbh no wonder they aren’t getting enough because the criteria must be so small.
I donated my eggs a few years back and when my BMI came in at 24 the lady was a bit snippy with me saying "Well it's close, but that's ok". Healthy BMI is 20-25 (and largely judged to not be the most accurate measure, particularly if you're quite tall and with a bigger frame, but hey ho) so I felt quite judged tbh! My size 12 jeans were slighty tight I'll admit, but even so...wtf! I felt like saying "Listen you picky cow, I've taken time outta my life to be here for absolutely no gain to me and you've got the cheek to tell me I might not make the bleeping grade. Do you want my eggs or not?"

I didn't btw. Didn't think it would engratiate myself to the already quite grumpy nurse 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So Boris is on a 5. Then Hancock is making a statement in HOC at 7.

Whats all that about then?

Reactions: 2
Had the dreaded phone call got one child in isolation due to a positive case in a nursery bubble 🙈

Half term holiday now cancelled, at least no fear of being abused by southerners for being a riddled northerner going on my jollies 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Ugh I have bootcamp at 5:30 so will miss the announcement. Or is it a good enough excuse to get out of exercising 🤣

• Haha
I would assume they did have figures on park usage prior to lockdown as it was on the graphs.

But I mean sure, what you say may be true and the vast majority may not have followed the first lockdown and met up with people and not kept their distance....

but then how do you explain the fact that it worked to reduce cases?

And if most people weren’t following it then, why have we seen cases rise again now?
Cause from my understanding the highest transmission rates are coming from school and university. They were both shut during lockdown which meant less spread.

I donated my eggs a few years back and when my BMI came in at 24 the lady was a bit snippy with me saying "Well it's close, but that's ok". Healthy BMI is 20-25 (and largely judged to not be the most accurate measure, particularly if you're quite tall and with a bigger frame, but hey ho) so I felt quite judged tbh! My size 12 jeans were slighty tight I'll admit, but even so...wtf! I felt like saying "Listen you picky cow, I've taken time outta my life to be here for absolutely no gain to me and you've got the cheek to tell me I might not make the bleeping grade. Do you want my eggs or not?"

I didn't btw. Didn't think it would engratiate myself to the already quite grumpy nurse 😆
"Its close?" is such a nonsense remark. I guarantee if you were edging towards the other side being "close" to underweight she wouldn't have said.

"Its close?" is such a nonsense remark. I guarantee if you were edging towards the other side being "close" to underweight she wouldn't have said.
Indeed. Anyway the lady I ended up donating to gave birth to twins so guess my slightly chubby eggs weren't that bad after all🖕🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.