Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG England and Scotland need to also shut down at the same time as Wales and really get together and try to slow this virus down. Police, army need to patrol random streets and heavily fine offenders. I'm sick of people flouting the rules gathering in large numbers. I want my life back.
It won’t change anything unless you want to stay locked down like that for potentially years. It’s a virus and it’s here to stay unfortunately- we have to learn to live with it and manage it.

Reactions: 14
Looks like secondary's aren't opening for all. Wonder how many parents of primary aged children will keep them home until the 9th, not sure I would send mine in, if the ruling was 'stay at home' for everyone else.

FB_IMG_1603109181387.jpg

Reactions: 4
Looks like secondary's aren't opening for all. Wonder how many parents of primary aged children will keep them home until the 9th, not sure I would send mine in, if the ruling was 'stay at home' for everyone else.

View attachment 280497
I cant believe kids can't miss extra week then maybe decrease easter as its time limited lockdown of 2 weeks and 1 is half term.

Primary special a nursery open thats a lot plague monkeys in circulation plus parents not staying at home.
Halloween and bonfire night cancelled.
In Wales under 11 cant spread the virus.
Year 7 and 8 is that because they too young stay at home alone?
Won't most parents be at home is so much is shut.
Im sure gcse resits in November and mocks December feel sorry for year 11 and 13 who have exams this year.
Also uni students mix of face to face and blended.
Students seem to be the worst spreaders.

Finally we doing this plus please rishi give us more money and treat wales like the special nation it is.
Before anyone says im being mean to the welsh.
I am welsh just welsh government at times drive me potty.
Least they have free prescription and low tuition fees.

Reactions: 2
Currently in children’s hospital with my little man. He had the sniffles which turned into a wheeze/rapid breathing so gp sent us straight to A&E early this am. All masked up and feels very safe but never seen it so quiet here, really eerie.

had an email just now from school to prepare for home online learning. I know a lot of schools are prepping for this now so wonder if there will be a circuit break for England or not.

absolutely knackered after a night sleeping with one eye on my boy, trying to avoid any news updates today as it’s likely to tip me over the edge.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Currently in children’s hospital with my little man. He had the sniffles which turned into a wheeze/rapid breathing so gp sent us straight to A&E early this am. All masked up and feels very safe but never seen it so quiet here, really eerie.

had an email just now from school to prepare for home online learning. I know a lot of schools are prepping for this now so wonder if there will be a circuit break for England or not.

absolutely knackered after a night sleeping with one eye on my boy, trying to avoid any news updates today as it’s likely to tip me over the edge.
I hope he makes a very speedy recovery xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Hope everything is ok and you are both home soon 💖

• Heart

Sending best wishes to you and him. Really hope he's ok and you can go home soon. Good idea to avoid the news, it's unsettling and unpredictable at the best of times x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My Grandad had been in hospital with pneumonia for the past two weeks. He caught covid three days ago and died last night. I’m in shock. My Mum visited him so she now has to self isolate and I can’t grieve with her - she’s not very strong mentally and I’m worrying about her so calling regularly. I would be breaking the law to visit her when her isolation period is up as I’m in a Tier 2 area and she’s in a Tier 1.

I can‘t visit my boyfriend because households can’t mix as we are in Tier 2. I am very emotional today and struggling to keep it together.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
My Grandad had been in hospital with pneumonia for the past two weeks. He caught covid three days ago and died last night. I’m in shock. My Mum visited him so she now has to self isolate and I can’t grieve with her - she’s not very strong mentally and I’m worrying about her so calling regularly. I would be breaking the law to visit her when her isolation period is up as I’m in a Tier 2 area and she’s in a Tier 1.

I can‘t visit my boyfriend because households can’t mix as we are in Tier 2. I am very emotional today and struggling to keep it together.
I'm so sorry for your loss, does you or your mum live alone? Could you stay with her if you were to isolate as well? If she does live alone you can bubble with her once she is out of isolation.

Reactions: 8

I think you can see your mum sweetheart, as this qualifies as special circumstances. You need to be able to support each other during this sad time. Big hugs xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I'm so sorry xx

I’m so sorry for your loss. Grieving in isolation is devastating emotionally. I’ve been there too and you will get through this ❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

so sorry for your loss x

Reactions: 3

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandad. I'm sorry and I probably get flamed for this but go and be with your Mom now. You both need each other xx

Reactions: 14

So sorry to hear that may he RIP x I'm sure there must be exceptions on compassionate grounds hope you're ok x

Hope he's better soon x

• Heart
So my sister’s Uni flatmate has tested positive. Apparently they’ve had no contact for a week. My suggestion is that she only needs to isolate for a week now, but she’s worried in case she’s already passed it on.

The flatmate had no symptoms. She actually didn’t even need to test. She went online to check and selected no symptoms, but was sent a test anyway.

Just goes to show the system is flawed and that the “no symptoms, no test” rule isn’t that great.

• Wow
Reactions: 6

View attachment 280497
Just going by our primary I would definitely send them in

Reactions: 1
If they are going to do a circuit breaker (or fire break as the new phrase is apparently) in England over half term too, I hope they tell us soon. I like the idea of having some prior notice like Wales have had as it’ll (hopefully) avoid all the panic with stockpiling etc and give businesses time to plan.

Knowing the government though they’ll leak it to the press today and then announce it Thursday evening to start Saturday morning 🙄 cue huge panic on Friday.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.