Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
🚨 BREAKING: Proposal being put to Cabinet ministers this afternoon is to move Ireland to Level 5 lockdown for six weeks 🚨

Fucking call me when someone MAKES UP THEIR GOD DAMN MIND FOR THE LOVE OF THE BABY JESUS THATS ABOUT TO BE BORN IN A MANGER UNDER RESTRICTIONS WITH ANIMALS THAT CANT SOCIAL DISTANCE OR BE IN ANOTHER PERSONS MANGER AND STUFF

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Meh

Chatty Member
Okay we can argue about families potential mismanagement of money all we want.

Ultimately it doesn’t change the fact that children are going hungry, without proper nutrition.

Are we a society who choose to punish vulnerable children as retribution for their caregivers choices? Is that really what 2020 Britain is all about?

It is NOT a child’s fault. Remember that. At the end of all this debating and stereotyping a kid is going without.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
I've started messing around on Hinge (a dating app) and the thought that I can't meet up with someone and just have a cheeky snog for an indefinite period of time feels ridiculous. How dare I not have been in a stable long term relationship in March 2020, how silly of me. FFS. I want some d.
I think current advice is that you can still meet outdoors but that doggy style is preferable. I think you might just need to bypass some of the usual niceties 😳

You can still do a drive-thru Maccies after tho. Ah the romance.

• Haha

SassyRiv77

My partners site manager tested positive yesterday - he’s confided in my partner as they’ve had close contact but his company have told him to delete the app and keep quiet.

• Wow
  • Angry

DigiDuino

My sisters neighbours have been tested positive but there’re still leaving their flat, touching the communal doors and going outside.

Their child has been to the door a few times to try to play with my nephew!
how selfish do you have to be honestly

• Angry
  • Wow

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
If that is even true there are always going to be a small amount that take the piss. There is in all walks of life. But I'd rather a small minority take the piss then we leave a large majority to struggle

• Heart

Snoopdog

I love these threads. Back in March I was terrified of what was going to happen, with two medically vulnerable little boys at home and an nhs worker husband - but every night I would get into bed and read these threads and they made me feel a bit less alone. Still check in sometimes and came back tonight because I can feel the world is going a bit crazy again. This year has been so weird for me - my parents split up and I haven’t seen or spoken to my mum since July 10th. My nan came out of hospital yesterday after falling and breaking her hip in August (she’s 88 so to come through that is amazing) and these threads are still strangely comforting.
So to join in with my positives -
1) I feel a lot more ok with staying home - it used to drive me nuts and I’d feel like a caged animal but now, I take things a bit slower and realised it’s actually ok and the world won’t end if I don’t have a huge adventure everyday
2) after struggling with disordered eating and a massive fear of putting on weight, I actually put on some weight and I’ve realised that too is ok, it doesn’t matter
3) I found the courage to move my little 5 year old to a different school, after he just didn’t settle, was having trouble with the other kids and not learning much - he started in September at our local school and he is loving it!! He can read, gets full marks on his spellings each week and comes home full of what he’s learned AND the head keeps stopping me to tell me how funny he is 🤣
4)I feel a massive appreciation for my home and garden and where we live
5) I am so proud of how my kids have coped with it all - they all said they loved lockdown and being at home, eldest 2 jumped at going back to school to see their friends for their last weeks of year six and have gone off to their secondary schools with no issues

so thanks tattlers, I’m going to keep coming back to this thread ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Just listening to Hancock at the commons 1 in 10 now presenting with long covid I wonder how much the economy will suffer with so many unable to work.
I worry about this, for everyone who argues it’s “only” the elderly or compromised that die, what exactly do we know about the long term effects of the “young and healthy” that get unwell.

Jess269

Just found out one of my best friends grandma has died of covid! Her husband died 2 weeks ago (not of covid) she was a very healthy 70 something year old. I think she must of given up.

• Sad

SarahGard83

VIP Member
A cold caller just came to my door. He had no face covering. I opened the window to tell him no thanks and he got really pushy so I told him to fuck off. I didn't think they'd be able to go around knocking on peoples doors?

• Angry
  • Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
My 6 year old just told me he made his Christmas card at school today. Do the schools know something we don't? 😬 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow

hnoz

VIP Member
I think it is crazy how many people are so outraged at Andy Burnham demanding a fairer financial package for the new set of lockdowns the government are going to propose (which will last months) but don't give a shit that this government are handing "contracts" to their mates left right and centre with no tender process (!!!), and no transparency.
Some of these companies hadn't even traded before they won multi million pound contracts.

£122MILLION

£32 MILLION -75% up front, absolutely not standard.

This is only 2 of 5 mega PPE contracts with dodgy procurement.

And yet Andy Burnham is playing politics for asking for an extra 5m :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Angry

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Just want to jump on to ask people’s onions quickly please :)
I’ve asked but he just said he’s feeling a bit upset because most people prefer red onions to him, and they make him a bit gassy,
he’s also run out of washing up liquid.
clearly didn’t even listen to the question the fucker.

I always used to get criticised for being nearly underweight when I gave blood despite being healthy (then)....the nurse who used to give me grief each and every time I went was huge, easily a dress size 30 and I always felt it was very hypocritical to give me a hard time!!
same 😂😂 some of the inappropriate comments I’ve had from nurses and doctors about weight you wouldn’t believe

Went to bootcamp tonight (outdoors) and someone picked up my tyre instead of their own by mistake - we had to stop the class and fully sanitise all the tyres and our hands again! Covid really has made little things so crazy 😬
clearly crazy.

• Haha

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I was thinking today....how I can see some positives? Does anyone want to join in?

- I have wonky teeth but pretty eyes, so masks are my friend. Long live the mask life.

- Lockdown meant that my tight-fisted husband capitulated on my demands for a chest freezer (ongoing since about 2009). I am now living my best middle-class-chest-freezer-owning life.

- I've avoided the stress of 3 kids birthday parties this year. #winning

- I potted flowering plants this year and they are still alive and blooming!A first for me, aged 41. Charlie Dimmock eat your heart out.

- I have been reminded how much I bloody love my own company. Going forward I will happily refuse so many more invites, because I never really appreciated before how much they stress me out.
I love this 💓💓 the year has been shit but it’s definitely had positives too.

- I went back to live with my parents from March - June. It was the longest I’ve been at home in 4 years and I loved spending time with them.

- I reconnected with old friends, albeit via zoom, but it was lovely to pick up where we left off. I don’t think we would have done this if covid didn’t happen.

- I learnt to bake the worlds best cookies!! No more rock hard crumbly things, they’re soft and gooey and everything dreams are made of 🤩

- I’m thankful to be one of the lucky ones who’s family and friends have all stayed healthy💓

• Heart

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Once upon a time in the month of January we were all very happy
But now things are bad and we're feeling quite crappy
Along came a virus that took over our life
Spreading around and now it's gone rife

It creeps around but can't be heard and keeps out of sight
We try to stay safe and wash our hands in this fight
We wear our masks and keep our distance
Then we go out shopping and take a chance

Stand outside and wait in the queue, then into the shop we go
Through aisle by aisle hoping not to have touched our foe
With relief as we find we can buy some loo roll
But after all this time it's now taking its toll

We can't mix with friends or invite people to join us
Our elderly relatives just don't understand all the fuss
Daily briefings are given by Boris and Chris Whitty
And I hope you enjoyed this little ditty

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Loving the positive stories too, in the midst of the shit show here are my ‘highlights’

- I am grateful that all of my family, friends and loved ones are still here, I know that’s not the same for everyone.
- We both still have our jobs
- My house has never been tidier 🤣 or wardrobes more organised.
- I do not need to buy so much ‘stuff’
- I don’t need my nails done every few weeks, roots done every four weeks and my waxing routinely booked, I can wait or just DIY.
- I found tattle. I don’t ’do’ Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or even really give out my mobile number to people, so I’ve surprised myself that I have enjoyed a message board the way I have. In this virtual life you can tell there’s some absolutely lovely people with funny/filthy (you know who you are)/forthright views but I’ve enjoyed reading the vast majority!

Not everything has been hearts and flowers, my youngest daughter really struggled in the early days of lockdown and it was heartbreaking to see in someone so young. My teen has been resilient, self assured, hard working and forever untidy!

• Heart

xoxo GG

VIP Member
I’d give my very last penny to make sure no child went hungry. If I have to pay more taxes to make sure vulnerable children don’t go to bed listening to their tummy rumble, take my money. This isn’t about the parents, it’s about the children.

• Heart

lasttime

Your parents didn’t form a bubble with you!?
And yeah someone’s taking the piss here as a bubble is a 2 household thing and you can’t be in more than 1 bubble
We don't get on, I thought my Nan would of seeing as I live closest to her and we where both on our own but I'm bottom of the pile. Actually really upset about it after today. Both aunts live miles away (2-3hrs in a car) I'm a 5min walk. Fed up with it all and with them not following the rules properly which is why I thought I'd ask here for clarification.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20