Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
If your in a tier 3 area can you travel to another tier 3 area for a walk outside for instances?
No

Just found out a colleague at work died of covid last night.

One of the worst things about the last wave was the feeling of being cannon fodder for the government. However it feels even worse this time because I feel that the public now view frontline workers as it too.

• Sad
Reactions: 28

bubbadabut

VIP Member
When I saw on the news at 10 they were looking for volunteers aged 21-30 to trial the live vaccine and that they were being paid around £4000 I wished I was younger!
I reckon anyone who has ever said 'it's no worse than the flu' on social media should be rounded up for this trial. Put their money where their mouth is :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 27

LittleMy

VIP Member
Anybody else feel like they’re just going through the motions in life at the moment? I just cant help thinking “what’s the point?” 🙁

• Heart
  • Sad

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
MOVING ON FROM THE VOUCHER TELLY DEBATE......

Lockdown eve is trending on Twitter.
it’s like a really fucked up christmas, But at least there was no elf on the shelf.

omg, we’re gonna have fuckers putting masks on elves aren’t we.
And putting masks on the baby Jesus for the lols. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
I've started messing around on Hinge (a dating app) and the thought that I can't meet up with someone and just have a cheeky snog for an indefinite period of time feels ridiculous. How dare I not have been in a stable long term relationship in March 2020, how silly of me. FFS. I want some d.

• Haha
  • Heart

Tublet83

VIP Member
To add a positive here ✌ the NE of England’s rates are really starting to decline since the level 2 restrictions were made mid September 👍

Reactions: 26

xoxo GG

VIP Member
I’ll give this positives thing a go, might help me feel a little less sorry for myself 😳

Since covid first started my baby has blossomed into a toddler, she turned one, she’s gone from a crawling little babbler to chatting away all day, running around and loving everything to do with being outside and all kinds of weather 😻

I’ve lost 4 stone (somehow, I’m a horrendous emotional eater)

We saved enough money not going on days out etc to buy me a little car after selling mine 3 and a half years ago

I’ve learnt to cherish the little things in life. I’ve always wanted ‘more’ but actually I’m very content now with what we have.

And as much as I struggled through the initial lockdown, it was also what I was craving. We spent some wonderful quality time as a family. Without worrying about having to catch up with family and friends, because it was done over the phone.

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I’ve had to have a little think about my positives but I do have some...

I’ve been able to really test my marriage (we got married in Oct 19) via wfh and being together every second and can confirm it was definitely my best decision ever.

I have a very strained relationship with my mother and lockdown allowed me some respite from her without hurting her feelings which helped my MH immensely (I realise that sounds awful, but it’s true)

I got out of a job I was so unhappy in and joined a team who are honestly the loveliest people

I found this thread and so many of you have said things which have given me a lot of hope throughout this so I’m really grateful for that. Even if sometimes it feels all doom and gloom someone will have a funny comment or a bit of positivity.

I have also read 43 books this year which has been a nice little escape for me.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It doesn’t really matter if you’re pro or anti lockdown.
one thing we can all agree on,
we’re fucked for years to come.

like most sequels, lockdown 2.0 is shit and I request a refund on the ticket/popcorn/regular size drink I purchased please

Reactions: 25

mcfeez

VIP Member
My family is impossible! My brother has just tested positive for Covid and has symptoms (he's quite young, only 20), my mum doesn't share a house with him but he's been staying with her the odd night (don't even get me started) anyway and she is high risk so is getting a test. I told she really should be isolating now at least til she has done her test and got the results. I warned if she gets a positive result warned her she will need to get her food etc organised (I don't live close by so can't help out). She is still going to see her sister and mother (both high risk) today and mentioned that if needs be during her 2 weeks she can just "Mask up" and go to the shop?!

I don't know how to talk with people who behave like this.

• Wow
  • Angry

July9696

Chatty Member
That’s disgusting what they’ve done to G Manchester. They’re really using it as an example to other local leaders- accept our offer or we’ll screw you over.

Local leaders said they were offered 60million, they agreed prior to they wouldn’t go below 65 so said no.
Government then withdraw from negotiations and then commit to offering 22million?! When they were prepared to give 60?! Only reason for this is they’re showing them who’s in charge and doing it out of pure spite! 😕

Andy Burnham was right, this is what all local constituencies will be faced with, it was never just about GM. The government have set a low precedent for any area that goes into tier 3.

• Wow
  • Sad

hnoz

VIP Member
322 MPs have just voted against free school meals for families over the holiday periods. (Till Easter) I am so ashamed of England, doing this during a global pandemic, when families are struggling and people are losing their jobs through no fault of their owns. People who were getting along fine in life suddenly just on or below the poverty line. I am absolutely outraged and emotionally upset. It’s bleeding 2020 and there is no need for children to be going to be hungry.
I try so hard to give people the benefit of the doubt and not go down the good v bad political thing but every single person who swung their vote to the torys at the last election for brexit should be ashamed at themselves right now. This is who the conservatives have always been, and you allowed it.
Billions to waste on tax cuts for their mates, vanity projects for boris and the garden bridge, giving a crisp manufacture they are chummy with a fucking massive contract for PPE but something like a fiver per kid for people on incredibly low salary’s is too much.
It’s a fucking disgrace and has really wound me up.

And of course they didn’t turn down their own pay rise.

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Cancer treatments will be cancelled anyway if there's no room at the hospitals. Having no lockdown won't prevent that from happening.
As a cancer patient myself this is what terrifies me. If hospitals become overwhelmed then there goes my treatment. Something has to be done before it's too late

• Sad

memoii11

VIP Member
I realised this morning that one day we won't need this thread! Maybe down the line someone will make a thread about remembering lockdown etc. Not that I don't appreciate this thread now, but won't that be a good feeling?

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I really do not want a circuit breaker or lockdown. The company my bf works for is close to going under after the first one and keeps getting jobs cancelled. Another lockdown will finish them off. We won’t be able to afford our mortgage on my retail wage. I know that may sound selfish but there are many others in the same situation. We’ve stuck to the rules tried to do our bit for all of this year and yet we’ve still ended up here. I honestly think if you’re in a fortunate enough position to be able to stay at home and work then lockdown sounds a brilliant idea to keep cases down for a few weeks. We are only young, got our wedding coming up next year (probably can’t go ahead) want kids etc and how are we supposed to do that with no money! Yeh it’s awful people are getting Covid but I’ve got family members with cancer who have had treatment delayed or cancelled and live on their own and are struggling with the loneliness. I’ve got bad depression and probably have 1/2 ok days a week at the moment if I’m lucky and all this worrying has sent me over the edge. I’m all for lockdown if people’s wages get covered properly and other life saving treatments keep going but that’s not going to happen is it? I know this is probably a really unpopular opinion on this thread so sorry if I offend anyone.
Cancer treatments will be cancelled anyway if there's no room at the hospitals. Having no lockdown won't prevent that from happening.

Reactions: 24