Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So those stupid face visors that loads of workers in shops like Waitrose and Boots are wearing have now been shown to be useless. That much has been obvious all along given the enormous gaps around them but nice to see some sort of study into them.

Anyway the new restrictions are quite clear that all retail staff have to wear face coverings from tomorrow, I'm not sure why they were ever allowed not to, it made no sense that shoppers had to wear them but shop workers were magically immune.

Reactions: 17
My son is furloughed and goes back 1st October but today the Welsh minister has said working from home is advised. If there’s no furlough anymore I guess this means my son will have to go and take the risk and work in an office environment. His boss has said all along he can’t work from home. He’s an apprentice in the finance department and he needs to work with someone. His work have been amazing as they know he has parents with health issues and they’ve advised he stayed on furlough but they will of course in a week or so need to bring him back. Typically now the cases are rising so much again.

Reactions: 1
I have been told I will be brought back, but I won't know for a few weeks when (I was told this a few days ago).. and now the thing about "if you can work from home" I am hoping they let me do that.... fingers crossed for your request!
I’m sure they will let you work from home, especially with the new rules introduced. I wish I was in a work from home position but I work in retail. I’m thinking of doing some home study courses/retraining to find something not retail as it feels so uncertain in that sector now

Daughter come home from school coughing. Son was tested on Saturday and was negative. She said all her lunch tastes bland and I've taken her temperature and it's 38.1

• Sad
Reactions: 17
This new work from home if you can thing is so confusing. We’ve been back in the office in very small teams for a couple of months (working from home when it’s not our turn to be in) and it has been made clear that we are expected to continue to do that despite the change in government stance. Is this going against ‘the rules’? Should we all be working from home again full time? It’s a very covid secure environment and we have so much so much space to socially distance so I’m not worried for myself either way I just don’t know what the ‘right thing’ is to do anymore.

Reactions: 2
So those stupid face visors that loads of workers in shops like Waitrose and Boots are wearing have now been shown to be useless. That much has been obvious all along given the enormous gaps around them but nice to see some sort of study into them.

Anyway the new restrictions are quite clear that all retail staff have to wear face coverings from tomorrow, I'm not sure why they were ever allowed not to, it made no sense that shoppers had to wear them but shop workers were magically immune.
the corner shop near me has a sign outside that customers have to wear masks.. NONE of the staff do (this is a family business, i dont get it at all)

It's all very confusing. I'm near an area that has been in a lockdown for a while and I was in the initial extended lockdown (I'm just outside the area) . Our local council were sending test teams door to door to do tests to anyone for weeks. . Even if they had no symptoms. They have 3 testing centres near the city and when I've been past they have been empty with staff sitting down on their phones.

Yet the area is considered high risk.

I have a nurse who lives next door who works in the main hospital and she says it's never been so quiet... She's been on holiday 4 times!

I've spoken to almost all of the neighbours and no one knows anyone who has had it or even had a positive test... None of my friends and family have had it as far as we know

Although we do have a family friend who's mum was diagnosed back in April... In a nursing home. 91 years old. They had her end of life drugs ready and the family were allowed to say goodbye in real life.. She made a full recovery by the next morning

This is why I get so confused with it all.

I saw what was being shown from China back in Feb and it was horrible.. But I've not seen that here.

I'm definitely not saying I don't believe people are poorly and dying... I'm just sharing my own experience of what's happening in our area

When we were involved in the extended lockdown we felt like outcasts lol... But genuinely from living here a lot of us couldn't understand why we were even being kept in a stricter lockdown 🤷🏻‍♀️ although the peace and quiet was nice and the nature that took over again 👍🏻

It's just very confusing to know what the hell is going on and now all our radio stations are advertising the flu jab and I'm sure they said back in March this increased your risk of catching it 👀 I don't know what to believe at the minute!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I just had an email from son's secondary school, a survey about home learning and available access to a PC,laptop or Chromebook. Looks like other schools in town send out the same email.Those who thought there maybe a 2 week lockdown over October half term maybe right.The local college has 12 postive tests out of 15 for one class that had only been together for one lesson.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Anyone else surprised by the poll results that England should have been stricter? I am pleased with the stricter restrictions in Scotland and the other two nations, but how do English people feel about it?

Reactions: 3
Over 6000 new cases in England.

But it’s important to remember that back in the peak they weren’t testing half as much as they are now. Some estimates say England was seeing as many as 100,000 cases a day but we weren’t testing so we didn’t know.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It's all very confusing. I'm near an area that has been in a lockdown for a while and I was in the initial extended lockdown (I'm just outside the area) . Our local council were sending test teams door to door to do tests to anyone for weeks. . Even if they had no symptoms. They have 3 testing centres near the city and when I've been past they have been empty with staff sitting down on their phones.

Yet the area is considered high risk.

I have a nurse who lives next door who works in the main hospital and she says it's never been so quiet... She's been on holiday 4 times!

I've spoken to almost all of the neighbours and no one knows anyone who has had it or even had a positive test... None of my friends and family have had it as far as we know

Although we do have a family friend who's mum was diagnosed back in April... In a nursing home. 91 years old. They had her end of life drugs ready and the family were allowed to say goodbye in real life.. She made a full recovery by the next morning

This is why I get so confused with it all.

I saw what was being shown from China back in Feb and it was horrible.. But I've not seen that here.

I'm definitely not saying I don't believe people are poorly and dying... I'm just sharing my own experience of what's happening in our area

When we were involved in the extended lockdown we felt like outcasts lol... But genuinely from living here a lot of us couldn't understand why we were even being kept in a stricter lockdown 🤷🏻‍♀️ although the peace and quiet was nice and the nature that took over again 👍🏻

It's just very confusing to know what the hell is going on and now all our radio stations are advertising the flu jab and I'm sure they said back in March this increased your risk of catching it 👀 I don't know what to believe at the minute!
Why does the flu jab increase your risk of catching covid ?

This country never ceases to be amaze for being tit. Boots have ran out of flu jabs and have cancelled me, I’m vulnerable no priority and delayed for weeks.

Have now missed GP appointments for it.

Have managed to get another one for next week elsewhere.

Reactions: 6
Anyone else surprised by the poll results that England should have been stricter? I am pleased with the stricter restrictions in Scotland and the other two nations, but how do English people feel about it?
I am so annoyed by England's response, I read a really good article in th eFinancial Times yday about why italy has dealt with it/not had a second wave (compared to the UK, Spain - free to read online) and our response (lack thereof) has been atrocious, we could have done SO much more

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Over 6000 new cases in England.

But it’s important to remember that back in the peak they weren’t testing half as much as they are now. Some estimates say England was seeing as many as 100,000 cases a day but we weren’t testing so we didn’t know.
They don't really know how many people have it they've already said testing is just a small part of it ,but they know there's many more out there with it ..

Reactions: 5
Honestly, I've no idea 🤷🏻‍♀️ I'm sure people were saying this back in March but it could have just been a gossip and not a fact. I don't have any more information on that to back up a real fact about it... It was just doing the rounds of talk

ermm... it 100% doesn't? if anything they are advising people to get it now more than ever, i can get it free from work but never have (I am early 30s, low risk) and the first time this year i am (albeit I imagine i won't be able to because of the shortages)

This country never ceases to be amaze for being tit. Boots have ran out of flu jabs and have cancelled me, I’m vulnerable no priority and delayed for weeks.

Have now missed GP appointments for it.

Have managed to get another one for next week elsewhere.
Boots released a statement yesterday to say they were temporarily suspending flu jabs for the under 65's

• Wow
Reactions: 2
It just started to feel okay, and no we are back to scary. Seeing at the majority of the cases some from schools compared to pubs and restaurants I don’t see why pubs and restaurants are being punished, whilst all schools around us seem to have no SD and yet there is no change, no fines, nothing at all for schools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.