Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
stop waving your hands around boris.... it’s distracting.
he brushed his hair. 😐

Reactions: 8
Well this is Nice and cheerful 😆

A stitch in time ?! I didn't know Boris was an 85 year old Grandma 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 9
With these new rules the rates will still go up. It isn’t enough to stop the virus. New lockdown coming soon ✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼

Reactions: 7
This is the reaction I most want at my disposal too 😂

Also actually don’t think Boris did too bad for once 🤷🏻‍♀️ But less bumbly than usual

Reactions: 8
First minister of wales has said that all the governments of nations have decided on actions together. Better late than never I suppose...

Reactions: 10
Boris literally just said a whole lot of nothing. I can’t understand why they did this whole formal address the nation and stressed everyone out after they announced the rules in Parliament. I get it’s to make it clear it’s happening but could they not do a daily briefing or something... the formality felt like March all over again and he was going to say stay home forever but he didn’t...

I don’t know maybe I’m just mad they delayed bake off for a load of nothing lol

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Shops aren't allowed to sell alcohol after 10pm here (don't know if it's the same elsewhere)

I sort of understand it but seems a bit pointless. Just buy alcohol earlier on in the day if you're planning anything or going to the pub. Not having alcohol won't stop people from going back to people's houses either really and it won't stop students.

Reactions: 4
I’m glad there’s no lockdown. I am quite content with how things are, I don’t go out anyway except to perhaps visit my mother. I reiterate and I’m
Sure I’m not alone That I could not handle another lockdown, it would set me back so much. I don’t go for meals, I don’t have parties, I don’t see many friends except my best friend for dinner at mine some nights and she is home except for walking her dog. So I’m quietly content.

Reactions: 12
I actually thought that Boris spoke well. Think it was important that he reiterated that your decisions don't just affect you but all those around you

Reactions: 17
First minister of wales has said that all the governments of nations have decided on actions together. Better late than never I suppose...
Is that similar to when hostages announce that they’re being well fed and looked after though 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not quite sure what the point of those was. Nothing that wasn't said earlier in the day. Those were official announcements do there was no need for these ?

Reactions: 5
One major, glaringly missing element of his speech...

NO mention of testing capacity (current) and no mention of the effectiveness of English track and trace system.

He detailed the areas that we are strong in: ppe, beds, new hospitals etc. But no mention of the “world beating” system. 🙄

Speaks volumes.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.