Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just got a negative result for my son (as expected as it’s just sniffles/asthma cough that he gets every year) so I’m hoping back to school tomorrow but need to wait to hear back from them.
Great news! Hoping to get the same today. Xx

Reactions: 1
scientists are now advising people to quarantine away from their pets ,there's more animals infected than what they thought ,a study in Wuhan found 15% of cats that they tested either had or had antibodies to Covid ,,

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Angry today. Feel like I’m going through the stages of grief 😂 Just wish life would go back to how it was.
same, this time last year I was on holiday having an amazing time - it doesn’t seem that long ago but in that space of time so much has changed! None of us could ever have imagined this back then. I so desperately want to wake up and this has all just been a crazy bad dream :cry:

Reactions: 7
scientists are now advising people to quarantine away from their pets ,there's more animals infected than what they thought ,a study in Wuhan found 15% of cats that they tested either had or had antibodies to Covid ,,
How are people supposed to do that though? It’s hard enough trying to quarantine away from your children under the same roof. My cats can seek me out quicker than the kids (and that’s saying something) 😂

They’re also quite clingy, I’d feel terrible shutting them out. They’d end up depressed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m sorry but I feel like I need somewhere to get all this emotion out.

My nan is on end of life care. I managed to get Friday off work so I can get on a train (safely) to go visit her about 50 mins away. My sis in law came round yesterday with 2 of her kids. This is because her younger kid finishes school 15 mins later and she did not want to walk home to a 4th floor flat (or up the stairs.) so she brought them to mine instead. I am working from home so I went to make MIL a cup of tea at 3pm like I always do. We have my elderly MIL who is not in the best of health here.
My niece was coughing and saying she feels like she has a fever. They left right away to get her son but whilst I was working again, they came back and spent at least 30 mins here before I noticed. The whole time my niece was coughing without covering her mouth. No hand washing and she didn’t even flush when she went to the toilet. She won’t get her daughter tested because it is just a cold. It might be yes but we don’t know that for certain.
This could have exposed my MIL and me. They certainly weren’t more than 2m apart. As a result, my dad does not want me going to visit my Nan. I am beyond devastated but I understand why. I haven’t seen my parents since my sister’s funeral in March and it breaks my heart I might not say goodbye properly to my nan.
I don’t understand why people just don’t get it. I am furious with SIL and I’ve been crying nonstop. I’ve been WFH since March and I feel extremely lonely. I miss my mum. I miss my dad. I miss my siblings. I honestly can’t handle this anymore.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
How are people supposed to do that though? It’s hard enough trying to quarantine away from your children under the same roof. My cats can seek me out quicker than the kids (and that’s saying something) 😂

They’re also quite clingy, I’d feel terrible shutting them out. They’d end up depressed.
God knows.. I'm sure the Chinese will come up with a animal friendly Hazmat suit 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

my cat’s the same. I can’t shut doors in my house as she scratchea to be let in. I couldn’t keep us separated.

Reactions: 1
My 7 year old has a new cough and a low grade temp. So now i have all 3 kids off school. 7yr old booked for a test today at 3pm.

1 week. 1 week we managed back at school.

So sick of living through this now. duck off 2020 🙄🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.