• £500 shopping vouchers

Votes: 282 78.1%
  • £10 meal vouchers

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Neither as Im not going shopping/to restaurants

Votes: 69 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a feeling that the poll option for the meal vouchers is going to get no votes. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why are people so keen on the £500 voucher fantasy? Does nobody here pay any income tax or something? You know we would have been given a £500 voucher and then stiffed for probably £3000 in tax in the next few years to pay for it?

Reactions: 22
Why are people so keen on the £500 voucher fantasy? Does nobody here pay any income tax or something? You know we would have been given a £500 voucher and then stiffed for probably £3000 in tax in the next few years to pay for it?
I don’t think anyone really thought it was going to happen, but when it had been built up so much, to only get £10 was quite amusing. You have to laugh. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s not going to be a voucher as such; it’ll just be that certain places give you 50%off (up to £10)

Reactions: 3
That's looking likely anyway even without the voucher😬

Reactions: 6
I find it hilarious that people are up in arms over a voucher when there’s countries/people that have been offered duck all and just cracking on with it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I find it hilarious that people are up in arms over a voucher when there’s countries/people that have been offered duck all and just cracking on with it 🤣
America only got one measly 1500 dollar stimulus check in March!

• Heart
I don't want either, I am shopping (no restaurants yet) but I think the need to focus their efforts elsewhere. Anyone who genuinely thought we were getting a £500 voucher lives on another planet.

The furlough scheme is going to screw us over in tax for many years to come, we don't need anything else.

Reactions: 16
Hey all
How is everyone? I'm in North America and our numbers are coming down where I live.
I went out today, had to get the dog's medicine, and also got a three-headed toothbrush...hope it works as trying to brush his teeth is a nightmare, lol.
I went to the mall too, Old Navy and Gap are selling masks so I got some - a pack of 5 for $15 which isn't bad. We've been wearing masks since the beginning but our city is toying with the idea of making them mandatory so I wanted to get a few more to wear and wash. I did order one from Amazon but it said it won't be here til September...hahah. I am sure I will still be wearing them then though. I would say, 50% of people at the mall were wearing masks, some stores were requiring them so they had disposable ones to give people. All stores required hand sanitization too before entering.
I definitely don't feel as stressed about going out as I did a few weeks ago. Just got to be cautious. When I get home, I change my clothes, wash my hands, disinfect my phone/keys/cards/handles/things I buy. It is almost routine now.

Also, I did post earlier how on my neighbourhood page I shared the article about the city possibly making masks mandatory. Well, the anti-mask folk are still screaming into the void. I hope they do make them mandatory 'cause perhaps then those idiots won't be out and about. Lol.

Sorry I’ve been out all day today so not really caught up with the news properly.

i don’t really understand the eat out vouchers. So it’s £10pp yeah? I don’t know any restaurants that I could go and have a meal for £10 tbh? So how does it work?

Reactions: 1
I’ve finally been able to spend long enough looking through the new statistics shared by the gov. The deaths for England don’t look anywhere near as daunting as they do when they announce them.

The rolling average for deaths in all settings is now 81, having fell from 210 on June 2nd. Broken down figures really help me see improvements and where things are changing 😌

Reactions: 11
Sorry I’ve been out all day today so not really caught up with the news properly.

i don’t really understand the eat out vouchers. So it’s £10pp yeah? I don’t know any restaurants that I could go and have a meal for £10 tbh? So how does it work?
I'm pretty sure it is 50% up to the value of £10 per person, so it is supposed to subsidise a meal out, not totally pay for it.

There aren't any vouchers. Places apply to be involved and during August if you go to one of them between Monday and Wednesday you get 50% off your meal up to a maximum of £10 per person (excluding alcohol). They then claim the money back from the government.

Reactions: 2
So, reporting back on my first post lockdown restaurant experience!

We went to slug and lettuce, we had booked. The restaurant had a one way system so entrance was entrance only. When we arrived there was a lady waiting by the door who showed us to our table, she explained the one way system and pointed us to a qr code which was on our table which linked directly to track and trace and we scanned it and input our details.

Used the app to order which was seamless. Tables were all well spaced. Felt pretty safe all in all! Had a couple of cocktails and all the food and feel v content!

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.