Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #40

Life *after* Covid-19, how have things changed for you?

• Q1: No real change, I’m still isolating/sheltering

Votes: 151 33.9%
  • Q1: I’ve gone back to normal and I’m shopping/out & about again

Votes: 129 29.0%
  • Q2: I don’t really follow the news/social media coverage to do with Covid-19 the way I did.

Votes: 231 51.9%
  • Q2: I still tune in for Covid-19 updates regularly.

Votes: 87 19.6%
  • Q3: I feel ok about being “back to normal”

Votes: 146 32.8%
  • Q3 I’m still very anxious about life and I’m struggling with “normal”

Votes: 162 36.4%
  • Q4: I’m more worried about the economy than the virus

Votes: 166 37.3%
  • Q4: I’m more worried about the virus than the economy.

Votes: 158 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread,
Continue here.

(started slightly early, I hope that’s ok,
Really interested to see from the poll where the fear now lies,

The virus?
so many are now mingling together, and that will just increase over the summer,
are people worried about a second wave in the next few months, which will lead to more sheltering/lockdowns/deaths 🤷‍♀️

Or the economy?
4 questions, 4 votes per person🙂)

the tag at the top of the thread will link you to our previous 39 threads! ☺

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Random question but has anyone else had really good skin during lockdown? Ive not done anything different and dont wear much makeup anyway, just bb cream and powder then cleanse morning and evening.
Ive had no breakouts at all but now lockdown has eased slightly ive got breakouts again 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Random question but has anyone else had really good skin during lockdown? Ive not done anything different and dont wear much makeup anyway, just bb cream and powder then cleanse morning and evening.
Ive had no breakouts at all but now lockdown has eased slightly ive got breakouts again 🤦🏻‍♀️
yes mines been much clearer but like you I don’t wear much makeup really. Maybe with less cars about at the start of lockdown the air pollution was less which helps skin?

Reactions: 2
Looks like the 2m rule is to be abolished for UK schools..

• Angry
Sadly not. I'd hoped not wearing make up very often would help and I'd be glowing. No such luck :cautious:.

My year 2 and year 4 can go to school for a week in July! Not sure if to send them in or not

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I actually think it’s the opposite for me. My skin and hair are both awful atm. Haven’t been outdoors at all much and have missed most of the sunshine with working nights and sleeping in the day. Think I’ll need to be getting a multivitamin.

Reactions: 13
I actually think it’s the opposite for me. My skin and hair are both awful atm. Haven’t been outdoors at all much and have missed most of the sunshine with working nights and sleeping in the day. Think I’ll need to be getting a multivitamin.
I’m the same, my skin is worse than when I was a teenager/pregnant as I’m covered in spots literally where my mask sits. My hair is the driest it’s ever been as I’m washing it 5 times a week in comparison to 3 times 😩 I’ve bought a few bits skincare/vitamin wise so I’m hoping I can get it back under control 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Mine is finally. I absolutely hate my skin so always wear makeup. I dont cake myself in it but like a decent coverage. I wont answer the door or go out without makeup as I'm extremely self conscious. Now I barely wear any if I even bother putting it on. It's made a massive difference to my self confidence. X

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My skin is way worse during lockdown. I always wear make up at work or out and about which forces me to have a strict skincare routine as well. During lockdown, I've gotten so lazy with skincare bc I thought I didnt need it if not wearing makeup! Clearly very wrong.

Before lockdown I could eat whatever I wanted and knew my skin wouldn't break out - Now that its been 3/4 months without takeaways, I've broke out after the three I had in the last 2 weeks 😭
It better fix up bc I look forward to those weekly takeaways lol

20200619_150830.jpg

173 deaths today, down from 202 last week. 1541 positive last Friday so a reduction there too.

Reactions: 8
I’m the same, my skin is worse than when I was a teenager/pregnant as I’m covered in spots literally where my mask sits. My hair is the driest it’s ever been as I’m washing it 5 times a week in comparison to 3 times 😩 I’ve bought a few bits skincare/vitamin wise so I’m hoping I can get it back under control 😅
I’ve had breakouts around the mask area too. Ugh, it’s horrible. My skin hasn’t been this bad since I was a teenager, and had terrible acne. I look forward to the day we don’t have to wear masks again (if it ever comes). Unfortunately I think it’ll be the new normal in healthcare.

My children have went to the playground today for the first time since before lockdown. Playgrounds have only just been allowed to reopen here in Scotland. Their dad took them to let me rest after work, and he sent me photos. They look so happy, I could cry for them. It’s the simple things.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am glad the numbers in the UK are coming down. But what is surprising to me is how slowly it is happening. I wonder is it cause Boris did lockdown quite late, like he reacted too slowly? I see other countries numbers are now significantly going up such as in India, South America and Central America.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.