Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #39

How are you feeling about things right now? (Members can vote 5 times)

• I’m feeling much more relaxed and I’m getting back to normal now

Votes: 183 42.7%
  • I’m still feeling really anxious about everything.

Votes: 151 35.2%
  • I trust how the government are handling things now

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • I don’t trust the governments plan moving forward.

Votes: 214 49.9%
  • (Users with children in the select ages) My child is back in school.

Votes: 58 13.5%
  • (Users with children in the select ages) I’ve decided to keep my child off school

Votes: 60 14.0%
  • I’m back at work.

Votes: 63 14.7%
  • I’m still working from home/on furlough

Votes: 169 39.4%
  • Im planning to travel this year

Votes: 63 14.7%
  • I’m not planning any holidays.

Votes: 220 51.3%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread #39

as always, links have been added to all of the earlier threads if anyone wishes to access them.

Older threads can be found.

(The poll is a bit of a pick and mix, because we don’t really have anything to vote on anymore, so let’s vote on everything 🤣
Members can vote up to 5 times! Do your worst 😬)

Reactions: 2
quick question guys! is anyone a pre school teacher? or have kids of pure school age? how are your transitions/ graduation ceremonies being done? trying to figure out if a zoom call of 4/5 year olds is a shambles idea

quick question guys! is anyone a pre school teacher? or have kids of pure school age? how are your transitions/ graduation ceremonies being done? trying to figure out if a zoom call of 4/5 year olds is a shambles idea
I have a four year old and I imagine a zoom call made up of 4/5 year olds could be either really fun or a complete disaster 😂 Would be adorable though.

Reactions: 2
Lockdown is well and truly over where I live and has been for quite some time. I’ve tried to not take an attitude of if you can’t beat them join them but I have to put my mental health first.

I’m going to have a proper sleepover tonight after an accidental drunk one a couple of weeks ago. The hotel he lives and works in has gone bust and is kicking everyone out, I’m living alone currently so we’ve agreed the risk is minimal.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Lockdown is well and truly over where I live and has been for quite some time. I’ve tried to not take an attitude of if you can’t beat them join them but I have to put my mental health first.

I’m going to have a proper sleepover tonight after an accidental drunk one a couple of weeks ago. The hotel he lives and works in has gone bust and is kicking everyone out, I’m living alone currently so we’ve agreed the risk is minimal.
Enjoy my love ♥ I hope it helps your mental
Health and you feel better soon xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have a four year old and I imagine a zoom call made up of 4/5 year olds could be either really fun or a complete disaster 😂 Would be adorable though.
My year 1 has facetime with her friends. They just put funny face filters on and make silly noises at each other 😂

• Haha
I’m a bit here and there. I don’t consider us being in lockdown anymore because I don’t see how they can even call it that. I don’t tend to watch the updates very much anymore so I would have to clarify rules if I was thinking of making plans, which I won’t be doing anyway.
I’m pleased to see that shops are starting to reopen. This doesn’t mean I’m going to start making lots of unnecessary trips. I will however, perhaps decide to have a browse round any that take my fancy at a time when I think will be quiet. I won’t be taking my child with me.

I’m looking forward to a walk with my best friend at the weekend, having not seen her for 3 months. We will be maintaining the distance.

I will be sitting in my mums house tomorrow whilst I was for my car to be seen at the garage. It’s not within walking distance from my house and so to me this is the most sensible option. She will be working (from home) so I will amuse myself and we’ll distance. Again, I won’t take my child because I don’t think it’s necessary. He won’t be able to distance either and I don’t want to tell him that he “can’t touch that in Nanny’s house” etc.

Basically, I’ll do what works for me whilst being very mindful and considerate. I think that’s all we can do without proper guidance from the government 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm just using my common sence. Weve been to a play ground today. It's not been taped off, but its obiously "closed" I anti bacterial wiped the swings, which is the only thing they went on. It's in the middle of no where and no one was about. My kids had a good half an hour on the swings. I wiped them again and cleaned their hands. Not hurting anyone and my kids loved it.

Reactions: 8
I'm just using my common sence. Weve been to a play ground today. It's not been taped off, but its obiously "closed" I anti bacterial wiped the swings, which is the only thing they went on. It's in the middle of no where and no one was about. My kids had a good half an hour on the swings. I wiped them again and cleaned their hands. Not hurting anyone and my kids loved it.
As much as they loved it I do think it teaches children rules dont matter. There is a reason parks are closed.
Parks near us have been full of teenagers who have jumped the fence ect. In my opinion its wrong. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
As much as they loved it I do think it teaches children rules dont matter. There is a reason parks are closed.
Parks near us have been full of teenagers who have jumped the fence ect. In my opinion its wrong. 🤷‍♀️
I understand your point but they are 6 and 1. They never knew the play grounds were closed. Weve not mentioned anything about the virus to my 6 year old, she knows theres some "germs" as we dont think she needs to know. We made sure they was well out the way and no one was around. Didnt want to make it awkward for any other parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Over the last week, I've slowly gone back to work and its been great working with all the kids again however I find myself becoming increasingly anxious around adults/social situations now and I have NO idea why. I had two meeting yesterday and honestly felt so nauseous leading up to both and today I had to go have work done on my car and even then, sick feeling in my stomach. Ive never suffered from anxiety like this before, its the build up to it but once in the meeting or whatever, I'm fine.
I thought it might be because of Covid, but it really doesnt cross my mind and everyone is adhering to procedures.

I think its post-isolation awkwardness. I've forgotten how to interact with people outside family :ROFLMAO:
Also, these threads seem to be slowing down!

Reactions: 7
Just had an email from my child’s school to say they won’t be opening to other years. Reports/Teacher info for the next school year will be sent out early July and there will be the opportunity to meet new teachers via video call before September. They also add however, that they will probably not know for some time what the school day in September will look like.

These threads are certainly slowing down and I’m not checking in as much. At the beginning I was near on hysterical about the whole situation, but now I seem to have calmed down a lot

Reactions: 13
My son is going back to school for an hour per day next week for exam revision. He’s in year 10. From 29th June, he will be returning for classes in core subjects. The school are taking extensive measures to ensure the children and staff are as safe as possible. It’s daunting, but I’m happy with my decision to send him back.

Reactions: 6
Ive just got back from my weekly food shop and bleeping people walking near me, going up the aisles the wrong way and standing in the middle of the aisles pissed me right off. 2 METRES APART YOU BLOODY IDIOTS!:mad::mad::mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 18
We've had no deaths for a 4th day 🤞

These threads are certainly slowing down and I’m not checking in as much. At the beginning I was near on hysterical about the whole situation, but now I seem to have calmed down a lot
I wonder how many threads we'll reach before the virus has fizzled out 🤔

Reactions: 12
Had to go to hospital this morning after me gp sent me. Bloody woman comes and sits on the chair right next to me! Empty waiting room as well. Lost my tit with her but don't think she spoke English.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.