Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It does, the police are very strict in our town ..we have regular checkpoints around the place ,where we be asked where we're going on a regular basis ..
It’s not happening in the cities, I am afraid to say.

Reactions: 2
The few that are being violent are not the majority. Just remember that when you see the negative media stories about the small few who are taking advantage.

I don't think anyone at the protests is naive to the fact that it is a risk. At all. I agree with people who are worried about it, I don't think anyone thinks that it isn't going to cause at least a little rise in cases. But I jut can't bring myself to truly believe they shouldn't happen right now. It's the first real chance at change they'd had in.... a long time.

Of course with that could come a rise in cases but the beach trips, schools opening, people returning to work, people not social distancing AT ALL in public, etc will also be contributing to that, not just the protests. It will contibute, but not the protests alone. Personally I think any damage is already done. The protests might make it happen on a slightly larger and more significant scale but I think any spike on the way was already set in stone.

When else would they do it though? Someone on my local FB group said that they should reschedule for another time. But when would that time be? Should they wait until the next black man or woman is killed after the pandemic is over and sit back when it happens multiple times inbetween until it's safe to protest?

It sucks that George's death happened at all, don't get me wrong - but it sucks that everything that came with it is happening now. Right now is such a crappy time for it. It really really sucks that it was now.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The few that are being violent are not the majority. Just remember that when you see the negative media stories about the small few who are taking advantage.

I don't think anyone at the protests is naive to the fact that it is a risk. At all. I agree with people who are worried about it, I don't think anyone thinks that it isn't going to cause at least a little rise in cases. But I jut can't bring myself to truly believe they shouldn't happen right now. It's the first real chance at change they'd had in.... a long time.

Of course with that could come a rise in cases but the beach trips, schools opening, people returning to work, people not social distancing AT ALL in public, etc will also be contributing to that, not just the protests. It will contibute, but not the protests alone. Personally I think any damage is already done. The protests might make it happen on a slightly larger and more significant scale but I think any spike on the way was already set in stone.

When else would they do it though? Someone on my local FB group said that they should reschedule for another time. But when would that time be? Should they wait until the next black man or woman is killed after the pandemic is over and sit back when it happens multiple times inbetween until it's safe to protest?

It sucks that George's death happened at all, don't get me wrong - but it sucks that everything that came with it is happening now. Right now is such a crappy time for it. It really really sucks that it was now.
They seem to be using the virus to discourage the protests ,but encouraging people to get out and about to parks/beaches .Like I said before a crowd is a crowd no matter where they're gathered ...

They seem to be using the virus to discourage the protests ,but encouraging people to get out and about to parks/beaches .Like I said before a crowd is a crowd no matter where they're gathered ...
yep...
I don't agree that we SHOULD be congregating anywhere unless for a good reason but I'd just hate it if there is a spike because I just know they're going to blame the protests primarily. They definitely will be a factor, but so will all the other cases of gatherings going on.

My only qualm about it, is that due to the protests we won't really know just how much the government guidelines alone are effecting the numbers (being able to go to see family in the garden, to the park, beach etc) as this will effect them too and make it hard to see whether the newest lockdown revisions are actually a good idea. I always thought being able to meet family again would influence it as I doubt people will stick to the 2m distance if they're 2m away from people they've not seen in months.

Reactions: 6
yep...
I don't agree that we SHOULD be congregating anywhere unless for a good reason but I'd just hate it if there is a spike because I just know they're going to blame the protests primarily. They definitely will be a factor, but so will all the other cases of gatherings going on.

My only qualm about it, is that due to the protests we won't really know just how much the government guidelines alone are effecting the numbers (being able to go to see family in the garden, to the park, beach etc) as this will effect them too and make it hard to see whether the newest lockdown revisions are actually a good idea. I always thought being able to meet family again would influence it as I doubt people will stick to the 2m distance if they're 2m away from people they've not seen in months.
I think their PR team are already at work ....There was already spikes happening before the protests ,so it looks like a natural progression of the way things will be once people are out and about again..and we know most are meeting friends/family indoors so it's all gone to pot tbh..

Reactions: 1
It doesn’t make sense to me. Most of us are furloughed- and a lot of us know that are jobs will be gone once the furlough funding is over, and so many sacrifices made. Most people I speak to, have family / relationship issues because of the lockdown - and mental health suffering.
We turn on the TV to see thousands of people gathering to protest - London and New York are two of the worst hit for deaths from Covid-19.
People will blame the mass protests, because social distancing is impossible during a mass protest.

I think their PR team are already at work ....There was already spikes happening before the protests ,so it looks like a natural progression of the way things will be once people are out and about again..and we know most are meeting friends/family indoors so it's all gone to pot tbh..
So do we just end lockdown now and carry on as normal? There are still deaths from Covid-19, with the most vulnerable at risk. Do we just say, sod it all and return to normal now?

Reactions: 4
I have a feeling that easing the lockdown will not last long, because of the protests the lockdown will have to be made stricter again, in fact we could be back to square one.

It doesn’t make sense to me. Most of us are furloughed- and a lot of us know that are jobs will be gone once the furlough funding is over, and so many sacrifices made. Most people I speak to, have family / relationship issues because of the lockdown - and mental health suffering.
We turn on the TV to see thousands of people gathering to protest - London and New York are two of the worst hit for deaths from Covid-19.
People will blame the mass protests, because social distancing is impossible during a mass protest.

So do we just end lockdown now and carry on as normal? There are still deaths from Covid-19, with the most vulnerable at risk. Do we just say, sod it all and return to normal now?
Well it looks like people have been saying sod it for a while ! these will be the same people that will blame the protesters, but overlook their non SD drunkin trip to the beach and the house party they attended last night :rolleyes:

I didn’t see any social distancing on the beach either 🤷🏼‍♀️

Most of the pictures I’ve seen, at least in my city, most are wearing masks. More PPE than I’ve seen in any beach pictures.

You can’t blame the protests PRIMARILY for ANY spike when no bugger is social distancing in other situations either. Had so many people breathe all over me and my kids today just going shopping that I wouldn’t be surprised if we came down with it.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Well it looks like people have been saying sod it for a while ! these will be the same people that will blame the protesters, but overlook their non SD drunkin trip to the beach and the house party they attended last night :rolleyes:
I agree - but a mass protest involving thousands of people, is beyond any hope of containing infection contamination. Clusters of irresponsibility is bad enough, but this off the scale. Many people attending the London protest will have travelled to get there - and returning to their communities to spread the virus.
It will be nothing short of a miracle, if there is no huge spike of infections / deaths in the next few weeks.

• Sad
I still cannot believe this whole situation is real. 2020 feels like a dream.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Literally despite the fact I can’t go to work or take my kids to school my life doesn’t feel much different anymore because when I do go outside it’s like normal. When I first was walking towards Home Bargains across the walkway past other shops I completely forgot I even needed so SD because nobody else was. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I didn’t see any social distancing on the beach either 🤷🏼‍♀️

Most of the pictures I’ve seen, at least in my city, most are wearing masks. More PPE than I’ve seen in any beach pictures.

You can’t blame the protests PRIMARILY for ANY spike when no bugger is social distancing in other situations either. Had so many people breathe all over me and my kids today just going shopping that I wouldn’t be surprised if we came down with it.
So do we just give up then - forget any lockdown measures?
Personally, I have not broken any regulations during the lockdown. I have seen clusters of irresponsibility - I live in a large city.
I have to go to supermarkets to buy food, I do what I can to keep any possible infection transmission to a minimum.
I would like to return to work, but my employers have decided we will remain furloughed as social distancing is not possible. It’s likely that I will be made redundant before the year is out though.
I would love to see my dad, but the care home he lives in cannot allow visitors - and I understand why.

I am not going to break lockdown measures because others are, and I won’t condone thousands of people gathering anywhere - when I am not allowed to see my father or go to work because of social distancing measures.

• Sad
I agree - but a mass protest involving thousands of people, is beyond any hope of containing infection contamination. Clusters of irresponsibility is bad enough, but this off the scale. Many people attending the London protest will have travelled to get there - and returning to their communities to spread the virus.
It will be nothing short of a miracle, if there is no huge spike of infections / deaths in the next few weeks.
Yes I agree ,the same as the hundreds of people that were on the beach that the rescue took place from during the week.None from the local area apparently and all travelling back to their communities ,and going from the images we saw none were SD..

Reactions: 1
Some excellent posts tonight.
Interesting what's happening in different place .

If you live outside of the cities and you received a fine for being in a gathering of over 6 how would you feel watching the news seeing London woukd you feel as if people did with Cummings 1 rule for 1 and different rules for others and more importantly different consequence.

Our parks roads have been busy for past few weeks my city has also seen protests.
The cause aside and not arguing it's not a valid one.

If all sudden a few police get covid and die as many dident seem to be wearing ppe will that anger some.

If you shielded and been told stay house prisioners for another 10 weeks how woukd you feel watching the news.

If you missed loved ones dying or attended a small socially distanced funural like my freind did with her parent few weeks ago how woukd you feel.

If you can't get married and paid thousands or lost thousands on a wedding spoke to one last in work cost extra 3k have it next year how would you feel.

If you secondary age teenager and you haven't seen freinds and no idea when your school woukd return how would you feel.

If you just had baby during lockdown alone without partner and none of your family seen the baby how would you feel.

If you worked front line nhs and maybe lived apart from vunerable family during this time.

We all have our struggles and our feelings.

Every breech or perceived breech of lockdown rukes is harmful as it erodes trust and the message.

So that's includes Cummings 260 mile jaunt, business Secretary going out with symptom. All the mps queued up at the houses of parliament.
Not to mention 200 shielded mps cannot vote.
It includes idiots at the beach or not socially distancing parks and shops.

I have real fears the r rate go up and we be worse than before and that be because lots of things not just the protests.
See France has lots protests over black lives matter and job losses.
We will soon see if there's spike in cases in the larger cities what impact it's had.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Literally despite the fact I can’t go to work or take my kids to school my life doesn’t feel much different anymore because when I do go outside it’s like normal. When I first was walking towards Home Bargains across the walkway past other shops I completely forgot I even needed so SD because nobody else was. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Take no notice of what others are doing - I don’t. If they are irresponsible, that’s for the authorities and their own consciences to deal with.
What is the alternative? if we ignore social distancing measures it is likely to increase the infection / death rate - and prolong the lockdown.

Some excellent posts tonight.
Interesting what's happening in different place .

If you live outside of the cities and you received a dine for being in a gathering of over 6 how would you feel watching the news seeing London woukd you feel as if people did with Cummings 1 rule for 1 and different rules for others and more importantly different consequence.

Our parks roads have been busy for past few weeks my city has also seen protests.
The cause aside and not arguing it's not a valid one.

If all sudden a few police get covid and die as many dident seem to be wearing ppe will that anger some.

If you shielded and been told stay house prisioners for another 10 weeks how woukd you feel watching the news.

If you missed loved ones dying or attended a small socially distanced funural like my freind did with her parent few weeks ago how woukd you feel.

If you can't get married and paid thousands or lost thousands on a wedding spoke to one last in work cost extra 3k have it next year how would you feel.

If you secondry age teenager and you haven't seen freinds and no idea when your school woukd return how would you feel.

If you just had baby during lockdown alone without partner and none of your family seen the baby how would you feel.

If you worked front line nhs and maybe lived apart from vunerable family during this time.

We all have our struggles and our feelings.

Every breech or perceived breech of lockdown rukes is harmful as it erodes trust and the message.

So that's includes Cummings 260 mile jaunt, business Secretary going out with symptom. All the mps queued up at the houses of parliament.
Not to mention 200 shielded mps cannot vote.
It includes idiots at the beach or not socially distancing parks and shops.

I have real fears the r rate go up and we be worse than before and that be because lots of things not just the protests.
See France has lots protests over black lives matter and job losses.
We will soon see if there's spike in cases in the larger cities what impact it's had.
Exactly ! but we can't point the finger at anyone when in reality everyone has their part to play no matter who they are ..a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link ,and those that have chose to ignore the advice have spoiled it for the people that have stuck to the rules...Their actions will impact us all unfortunately..

Take no notice of what others are doing - I don’t. If they are irresponsible, that’s for the authorities and their own consciences to deal with.
What is the alternative? if we ignore social distancing measures it is likely to increase the infection / death rate - and prolong the lockdown.
My advice to many I know it's hard seeing people break the rules makes you wonder what's the point.
Sadly the virus doesn't distinguish a cause
Other people's irresponsible actions is not social distancing in busy places, non essential long distance travel will impact on others of they contract the virus.
If you live in South West or north east right now maybe show additional caution and impose your own personal lockdown.
I can't avoid work and neither can my husband.
But we can avoid leaving house too often.
We staying local.
We not taking kids to parks or even shops I don't take them supermarkets but have taken them to corner shop.
They not attending school
So think will just dial it back a bit regardless neighbours having bbq or more visitors to the street.
This week we have the vets and I am meeting a similar cautious freind from a distance outdoors with masks for a chat as they having a tough time.

Accepted may not see family at all in 2020.
Moved holiday to next summer.

I do hope the nhs doesn't become overwhelmed..
Seeing documentry earlier things changed so quickly in March in terms spread and deaths I hope June s not the same.

What I do wonder is will everyone who's exercised their right to protest will they self quarantine themselves and their families over 14 days.

Are any of them working teachers.
Are any of them nhs staff /care who once home back to hospital or care home shifts.
Do they have children that are in the applicable year to now go back and attend school.
Once home will they then visit several local shops and parks and meet up with up to 6 other people potentially from 5 other households.

Reactions: 9
If you take no notice of others then why are you judging the people at the protests? 🤷🏼‍♀️

And besides, I can’t really ignore others if they’re hanging over my daughter who has bad asthma though. I try to social distance but it’s kinda hard to avoid people when nobody else is doing it either.

I couldn’t care what others do in general. At this point I’ve lost all fucks tbh. That might sound insensitive but getting angry about it will only make me unhappy. When I’m at home I don’t care. But I can’t not get frustrated at other people while I’m in public and they’re around me and my kids.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.