Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They've consistently said that wiping over boxes, post and shopping with anti bac does nothing, it just spreads it around if it's on there. It's still recommended to wash, if you want to, with hot soapy water as it breaks down the lipids in the virus and then drying it removed them.

They spent a long time telling us masks were useless too. I remove as much package as I can to throw straight in the bin and am washing everything with a bleach solution. Front door and letter box 🤮repeatedly , door handles, all internal doors, laptops .

Luckily we have a utility room that is not directly accessed from the house so I use that as decontamination zone 😬

Reactions: 6
Can we move on for the shopping washing chat now? Some people do and some people don’t. There is no wrong or right so do as you see fit.

I’ve realised that really my life hasn’t changed much in lockdown, I’m pretty shy and an introvert and spend a lot of time at home.I was never brought up in a hugging overly affectionate home. I tried to reconnect with some old friends at the beginning of lockdown, but I think my shyness puts people off, I find social interaction quite overwhelming so I think I come across badly. When I first started dating my husband people thought I was rude and he always had to explain I was painfully shy.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Sorry you feel rubbish. I'm here if you want a natter on messages.
Had mental helath issues if my own in the past.
Sometimes even in a crowded room I can feel lonely.

I don't miss school runs
Small talk with school mum's in anti social at school seldom made great freinds via schools.
Found out mum's breaking lockdown rules and seeing her other grand child in the garden.
She may not see mine until 2021.
Dad's got shielding letter but reckons him, his girlfriend and neighbour had it back in December not sure it's been around UK that long.

Saw this on fb
I used to hate the school run. Now I’d do anything to have that normality again! (I’ll regret saying that one day 🤣)

Reactions: 7
the new guidance states that for early years social distancingwill not be the priority it will be more the bubble enviornment and not mixing with anyone outside of the bubble, more cleanliness etc. Teachers can comfort children and absolutely can change them when they have a toilet accident etc or have a fall. For older children i think its more structured but at the same time we have such fantastic teachers im sure they will do a fab job in creating a fun environment regardless.
But that bubble, will contain children who are going home to parents, who have been at work mixing with other people, who live with other people, and so on and so forth. So the bubble is pointless in my opinion, my son is in preschool and there are only 10 in each session when the whole group is there so they may as well just go back as normal. I am sure the teachers will do what they can to make it as fun as possible, I have 4 children and have only ever had lovely teachers who really invest in the kids and making their time at school as enjoyable as possible. However, that doesn’t change the fact that in don’t want to send my children into an environment where they can’t hug their friends and play with them as normal.

in addition, my children haven’t social distanced once (we have not left the house one single time in 10 weeks) they don’t even know what it is. So to go from being able to hug and touch everyone, to having to keep your distance I know will upset them.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Can we move on for the shopping washing chat now? Some people do and some people don’t. There is no wrong or right so do as you see fit.

I’ve realised that really my life hasn’t changed much in lockdown, I’m pretty shy and an introvert and spend a lot of time at home.I was never brought up in a hugging overly affectionate home. I tried to reconnect with some old friends at the beginning of lockdown, but I think my shyness puts people off, I find social interaction quite overwhelming so I think I come across badly. When I first started dating my husband people thought I was rude and he always had to explain I was painfully shy.
You’ve just described me. I’m only overly cuddly with my own children, purely for the fact that I never had that sort of affectionate relationship with my mum and didn’t want the same for my boys. I don’t do PDA’s (my OH is the opposite which gets interesting, but we make it work). I also come across as rude sometimes because I’m socially awkward/shy and have resting witch face. I’d rather be at home than out most of the time, but I‘ve found that since the choice has been taken away from us all thanks to Covid and lockdown, I’ve been longing to do things that never seemed to bother me before.

Reactions: 10
So, to break it up,
If you want to do something other than discuss deep cleaning your broccoli

Louvre online 😍

Thank you for making me smile for first time in few days “deep clean broccoli”.
I’m mega phobic of the virus but even I don’t wash all groceries. I just wash my hands after I touch them and by time I get to most of it, it’s gone 3 days anyway.
Thanks for link to Louvre! Awesome 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 2
You’ve just described me. I’m only overly cuddly with my own children, purely for the fact that I never had that sort of affectionate relationship with my mum and didn’t want the same for my boys. I don’t do PDA’s (my OH is the opposite which gets interesting, but we make it work). I also come across as rude sometimes because I’m socially awkward/shy and have resting witch face. I’d rather be at home than out most of the time, but I‘ve found that since the choice has been taken away from us all thanks to Covid and lockdown, I’ve been longing to do things that never seemed to bother me before.
Me and my husband are quite cuddly and I try to be with my kids but that’s it. I can’t say I’m missing much, I’m not even that excited to see my parents but I think this because I’m not feeling happy in myself so happy to hide away right now.

• Sad

Couldn’t agree more about moving on from the shopping washing. I much preferred yesterday’s talk of the persons boyfriend who dreamt he had five willies 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Couldn’t agree more about moving on from the shopping washing. I much preferred yesterday’s talk of the persons boyfriend who dreamt he had five willies 😂
Hahahahah this snippet has got me interested as opposed to washing veg and emoji-gate😂

• Haha
Me and my husband are quite cuddly and I try to be with my kids but that’s it. I can’t say I’m missing much, I’m not even that excited to see my parents but I think this because I’m not feeling happy in myself so happy to hide away right now.
I know what you mean. I had a bit of a cry a few days ago because I feel like all I do is work and come home, and life is very monotonous right now. It was probably down to being overtired though - I haven’t been sleeping and working nights on the bare minimum of sleep is killing me. I also have let myself go a bit and am struggling with trying to be healthy so it’s quite depressing at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
But that bubble, will contain children who are going home to parents, who have been at work mixing with other people, who live with other people, and so on and so forth. So the bubble is pointless in my opinion, my son is in preschool and there are only 10 in each session when the whole group is there so they may as well just go back as normal. I am sure the teachers will do what they can to make it as fun as possible, I have 4 children and have only ever had lovely teachers who really invest in the kids and making their time at school as enjoyable as possible. However, that doesn’t change the fact that in don’t want to send my children into an environment where they can’t hug their friends and play with them as normal.

in addition, my children haven’t social distanced once (we have not left the house one single time in 10 weeks) they don’t even know what it is. So to go from being able to hug and touch everyone, to having to keep your distance I know will upset them.
absolutely you do whats right for you. Each to their own 😊

Last edited:
Having Italian parents means I am very cuddly, so missing that a lot. Also the industry I work in (weddings) we hug and kiss strangers all the time! As is my 5yr old and we have got into the habit of doing lots of hugs and high fives when she gets anything correct in home school 😬 So that will be an adjustment for her when she goes back, although I think she can seperate home life and school life still even though those lines are very blurred at the moment.

My son is not touchy feeling (though he was attached to me as a baby and toddler!) and very shy so he likes being able to avoid people.

Still undecided whether to send the youngest back. We have to tell our teachers tomorrow in our weekly phone call. May just say yes then decide like the day before! I am not concerned about the virus, but like a previous poster still concerned about how the desk-based social distanced learning will affect a 5yr old mentally.

You are basically me, I think people are but off by my shyness in real life too. Must come across as standoffish or something? I’m quite nice, I think once I feel more confident around someone but other people seem to ‘click’ with each other much faster. The only real change for me that I found difficult (as much as I love them) has been being around everyone 24/7 although my partner is back at work now.

I have one child in reception but I won’t be sending them back in June. School have said reception kids will be doing more formal learning whilst sitting at individual desks rather than the usual play based stuff and it’s not like they’re going to be beating them with sticks or anything but I just think duck that she’s FOUR. Most kids her age around the world aren’t even in school yet. Rather keep her home which whilst we aren’t doing the most home learning wise, she can play indoor or in the garden to her hearts content with her sister too who will be home anyway. No it’s not reading and writing but I feel they’ve got a lot out of just being allowed to be kids during this lockdown, playing (which is also learning in a way), doing baking and helping with cooking, going on walks down the canal etc and I’m happy for that to carry on for a little longer whilst things are still being figured out and all kids are back at school.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well is the interest of keeping you all happy, he also had another weird dream last night 🤣 he dreamt there was a massive fire in a building so he was watching it in his van with his mum and dad. The fire service opened a door to the building and there was a massive explosion. Somehow the fire managed to only set his dad alight (inside the van), and his mum was going off the head shouting at his dad like “you’re so selfish you always have to get involved with this stuff” and my boyfriend was trying to pat his dad with a jacket to put the fire out 🤣🤣 he ended up throwing the contents of his water bottle on his dad. Thankfully he lives to see another day 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Same. I haven't been near a penis since 2018. My fanny is like a boarded up mineshaft.
im
For a lot of people I know, I don’t think it’s so much the risk to their health (although I am sure the ‘what ifs‘ are a factor) it’s more what they are going back to. The social distancing, Can’t go near their friends, not seeing all their friends, sitting at a desk alone, no one to help if they fall, are upset, have a toilet accident, Possibly teachers wearing PPE etc. I would be more likely to send my children back if everything was normal rather than trying to social distance, which i think is pointless in young children, I fully believe no matter what they do to try and stop it, if a child in preschool has the virus the others will get it, regardless of the ‘measures’
Any chance we can have a drawing of what this 5 🍆 looked like?

• Haha

I'm not being rude, just curious. Can I ask why your children haven't been out of the house for 10 weeks?

Reactions: 1

I kind of have the same problem. I have really bad social anxiety and because of my childhood I was behind with social development and skills which makes me anxious cause I feel like there's norms that I just don't know. I'm very sociable when I'm in work in terms of customers but for me it's a role that I play and I know the "rules" of that game if that makes sense. My colleagues were shocked to find out that in the real world I hardly ever go out and would wayyyy rather be on my own cause it's more comfortable for me. Even my best friend since childhood once said that I was being rude with a few of her friends once, but I'm not being rude I just don't see the point of joining every conversation when I've got nothing to say and I'm shy at the beginning cause I like to analyse my surroundings and figure out which "me" I'm suppose to be and what the norms/rules are. I don't really have a group of friends, just individual friends who I can be truly myself with. I find groups intimidating.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.