Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching the education secretary play on parent's emotions saying how being away from school will be terrible for our children, he can duck off. Tell you what is terrible, sending children back to school when it's unsafe purely to help the economy. Show us the science that says it's safe, set an example by sitting in a crowded house of commons and see how bleeping ill you get you manipulative prick.
the press briefing was very manipulative.
there is clearly a script, maybe that’s why they’re putting boris in the number 10 fridge freezer - because he can’t follow the rehearsed lines and fake concerns

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Just had my first Chinese since February🤤🤤🤤 so nice
same here it was divine ! collected a takeaway from our favourite restaurant. very safe and organised collectuon and it was nice to see and quickly chat to some of the restaurant staff .

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
there is clearly a script, maybe that’s why they’re putting boris in the number 10 fridge freezer - because he can’t follow the rehearsed lines and fake concerns

Just after reading that how sad 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 2

omg 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’m having a bit of a down day today. I watched Jojo Rabbit and cried my eyes out, so maybe that didn’t help. 😂

My boyfriend really wants to go and play golf in the week with his best friend and I don’t feel that I can deprive him of this even though I am shielding. I would want to see my friends if I were him too. We also had a silly tiff about chores and he told me that he “couldn’t wait to get away from me”. We are fine now but it did hurt my feelings a little. This is the third row since lockdown began so we are doing pretty good otherwise but I feel like he is fed up of staying inside because I have to.
Sorry you’re feeling a bit tit. Would it be okay for you to just disinfect everything when he comes in? Like his phone and keys etc (sorry, I’m not shielding so not sure). Then you can shove his clothes in the wash, and he could go for a shower. As long as he takes some hand sanitiser with him and is careful not to touch his face, it might be okay? Its tit and stressful for you both. Please remember though, we all say cruel things in anger during arguments. I’m sure he didn’t mean that, and is just exasperated by the situation. As I’m sure you are too!

Three rows is pretty good going considering!! My boyfriend and I have three an hour! 🤣🤣 he is maybe just having a down day - but that doesn't mean your feelings aren’t valid. Hopefully he feels better tomorrow after a nice sleep ❤

Reactions: 6
I broke the rules today 😳 was my mums birthday so I went, and we sat in the garden (at a safe distance) and had a wine together (she brought it out in a cup with an anti bac wipe round it, classy) 😂
My brother and step dad came to the door for bit too.
Had a really low day today, thought seeing my mum would have helped but still feeling really emotional. Think ive cried about 5 times 😔
Onwards and upwards though, people are in a much worse situation than I am xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I'm still too scared to go see my parents from a safe distance. Our local parks have apparently been rammed this week.

Reactions: 4
I'm still too scared to go see my parents from a safe distance. Our local parks have apparently been rammed this week.
We haven't got any local parks, and neither myself or mum drive so its hard to know where to go 🤷🏻‍♀️ My parents aren't elderly or in an at risk group so I honestly can't see why I can stand in a supermarket queue for 20 mins surrounded by strangers but not allowed to sit on the opposite side of the garden to my mum 😂

Reactions: 7
I do wonder if that's why care homes so bad.
In not sure it's all hospital or new transfers.
They banned visitors very early.
There was peice on newsnight speaking to carers of elderly and disabled saying they couldent afford to miss work so infection brought in by staff.
Also the fact, they use agency staff, who go into different care homes which will then spread it around, my mum is a career and works in a nursing home, who have so far managed to have no cases, they are not using agency staff at the moment and no visitors x

Reactions: 4
What still bugs me is that on worldometer the uk’s total recovered is still N/A.......WHY??, surely the information is available now

• Wow
Reactions: 7
No walk for me today, but teen son and teen daughter wanted a movie day so they walked to the local shop and got popcorn/Doritos etc and some more milk/bread so we don’t need a big shop this week.

We have watched John Wick 1, 2 and 3 again. I will never say no to a bit of Keanu admiring 🤣🤣

I forgot to update on my call with work yesterday. I explained I need some clarity and we have agreed a target when I will come off furlough. Until then it’s weekly calls and updates so I feel less anxious and more informed.

The last picture on my phone pre lockdown was me dressed up to go to a black tie event at a posh hotel with my employer. That seems like a million years away now.

Reactions: 8

One of my siblings had Kawasaki disease as a toddler, it was horrendous, in hospital for weeks!

He’s fine now (he had it 26 years ago!) but does have some other health issues that have been linked with Kawasaki disease!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
No walk for me today, but teen son and teen daughter wanted a movie day so they walked to the local shop and got popcorn/Doritos etc and some more milk/bread so we don’t need a big shop this week.

We have watched John Wick 1, 2 and 3 again. I will never say no to a bit of Keanu admiring 🤣🤣

I forgot to update on my call with work yesterday. I explained I need some clarity and we have agreed a target when I will come off furlough. Until then it’s weekly calls and updates so I feel less anxious and more informed.

The last picture on my phone pre lockdown was me dressed up to go to a black tie event at a posh hotel with my employer. That seems like a million years away now.
Sounds like you had a lovely day, all things considered 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.