Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughters school have said they will be taught curriculum and the same information will be sent home for those that don’t return.

Reactions: 4
Wonder where they'll get all the teaching staff, not to mention the toileting arrangements will these not be on a shared basis with all the groups.Or will they bring in extra cleaners ..
Extra teaching staff from agencies. Toilets operate on a rotational basis (set times for set groups), lunch times, break times and pick up/drop off will be staggered. They expect catering staff to run a full kitchen to cater for Key stage one's who are entitled to free meals (the whole of KS1 in UK). As you mentioned, will there be extra cleaning staff to help with this??
Teachers must be mindful of the children's mental health needs and to expect a fall out in terms of behaviour issues but also they insist schools must keep strict behaviour policies and apply sanctions where necessary.

I agree with the person on here who said that the difference between us and other countries is that their guidelines have been cohesive. Everyone in it together. There's no togetherness in the UK and that is what has contributed to the divisiveness of school return.
There are better ways it could have been handled.

Reactions: 6
Extra teaching staff from agencies. Toilets operate on a rotational basis (set times for set groups), lunch times, break times and pick up/drop off will be staggered. They expect catering staff to run a full kitchen to cater for Key stage one's who are entitled to free meals (the whole of KS1 in UK). As you mentioned, will there be extra cleaning staff to help with this??
Teachers must be mindful of the children's mental health needs and to expect a fall out in terms of behaviour issues but also they insist schools must keep strict behaviour policies and apply sanctions where necessary.

I agree with the person on here who said that the difference between us and other countries is that their guidelines have been cohesive. Everyone in it together. There's no togetherness in the UK and that is what has contributed to the divisiveness of school return.
With regards to agencies, the same agency staff would need to be with the same bubble every time they're in and I would imagine they could only work in that one school otherwise they could be transmitting the disease between schools, if caught.
Same with me, although I'm not agency, I will have to pick a school and bubble to work 1:1 with those children as I cant work in different schools. Makes for a hard decision!

Reactions: 5
There is so much contradicting info I saw they had to bring a lunch to school to be eaten at their desk...The divide is widening daily how they can expect parents to make an informed choice when even they can't agree on anything is beyond me..It's just adding to the uneasiness and confusion..

My daughters school have said they will be taught curriculum and the same information will be sent home for those that don’t return.
That's interesting. I'd presumed when our head said no further curriculum would be taught, that it was government policy across all of the UK but that's obviously not the case.

In some parts of Germany, restaurants can open again. I went to a small Italian restaurant with my father tonight (first time we have met since February). I was quite nervous but it was really good. Tables were far apart (I think 2 meters), staff had masks and we were also wearing masks on the way from the table to the toilets...they were quite strict about the distance between tables /chairs (it wasn't allowed to rearrange chairs...). You are allowed to meet with one other household but I guess they have no way of checking...

It was actually really nice to have a big distance to other tables because it was very quiet and we had a nice talk without having to listen to talks of other guests. The staff were way more relaxed than usual when everything is crowded. It was also nice to see how happy they were to be finally open again. It's a family-run restaurant. They sad it was quite nice to have two weeks off but then it got really boring (think they were closed for 8 or 9 weeks) and they missed their work and the guests... And you could definitely see how much they love their work. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Extra teaching staff from agencies. Toilets operate on a rotational basis (set times for set groups),
Emm have they met 5 year olds ? What do the teachers do if they need the toliet out with their time slot ?!? Is that even feasible for adults ? Is it even legal ?

Reactions: 16

Anyone would think if we're having to do this level of organisation and precautions it's kind of a sign it isn't safe to go back. 🙈

Reactions: 11
The school my sister in law works at have also been told they will be teaching the curriculum. Then work packs will be sent out to the children who aren’t attending.

Reactions: 2
Emm have they met 5 year olds ? What do the teachers do if they need the toliet out with their time slot ?!? Is that even feasible for adults ? Is it even legal ?
Agreed. If my 5 year old needs a wee then he NEEDS a wee. Teachers will have enough on their plate without having to wipe piss up off everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m having a bit of a down day today. I watched Jojo Rabbit and cried my eyes out, so maybe that didn’t help. 😂

My boyfriend really wants to go and play golf in the week with his best friend and I don’t feel that I can deprive him of this even though I am shielding. I would want to see my friends if I were him too. We also had a silly tiff about chores and he told me that he “couldn’t wait to get away from me”. We are fine now but it did hurt my feelings a little. This is the third row since lockdown began so we are doing pretty good otherwise but I feel like he is fed up of staying inside because I have to.

I called one side of my grandparents today for a half an hour chat today and it was lovely, but I instantly felt guilt about not doing this more with my other grandparents. I’m going to call the other side tomorrow. For the last few years anyway I’ve always tried to see as much of all my grandparents as possible because they are old and I get paranoid. Coronavirus compounds this anxiety for me.

Can we just go for a drive now? I have a remote finance exam in 8 weeks and one of the study texts I need is at the office. My colleague thought that she could put it in the car boot for me so that I do not have contact with her, but I don’t want to break any rules!

Reactions: 5
Time slot for 5 year olds 😂😂 Mine legs it straight to the toilet when she gets to school. I always ask her if she needs a wee before we set of "No mummy I dont need one". 10 minute walk to school. "Mum hang my book bag up I'm BOSTIN" 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has the poll changed I thought there was more in the yes category yesterday..

Anyone would think if we're having to do this level of organisation and precautions it's kind of a sign it isn't safe to go back. 🙈
I'm not sure about not being safe. There are lots of children in school and very few reports of them becoming unwell, especially when you consider these are the children of key workers. It's just so badly organised. They say one thing (it'll be months), then oop suddenly we might be going back (leaked to the media before hand to float the idea), then confirmed - yep children can go back.
I feel like I'm on a sodding cake walk whilst watching tennis!

This is murder. I don't care what anyone says. The person KNEW they had Covid and spat on her intentionally and maliciously. They need to get life behind bars.
Her poor, poor family. God rest her soul.
i really hope if they catch them they make an example of them. I agree its murder , he intentionally spat at her and for what ..from what i read he ..he thought they shouldnt have been at work !
Poor lady and her family 😕

• Sad
I’m having a bit of a down day today. I watched Jojo Rabbit and cried my eyes out, so maybe that didn’t help. 😂

My boyfriend really wants to go and play golf in the week with his best friend and I don’t feel that I can deprive him of this even though I am shielding. I would want to see my friends if I were him too. We also had a silly tiff about chores and he told me that he “couldn’t wait to get away from me”. We are fine now but it did hurt my feelings a little. This is the third row since lockdown began so we are doing pretty good otherwise but I feel like he is fed up of staying inside because I have to.

I called one side of my grandparents today for a half an hour chat today and it was lovely, but I instantly felt guilt about not doing this more with my other grandparents. I’m going to call the other side tomorrow. For the last few years anyway I’ve always tried to see as much of all my grandparents as possible because they are old and I get paranoid. Coronavirus compounds this anxiety for me.

Can we just go for a drive now? I have a remote finance exam in 8 weeks and one of the study texts I need is at the office. My colleague thought that she could put it in the car boot for me so that I do not have contact with her, but I don’t want to break any rules!
Yes, you can go for a drive.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Very Possible, what say you Monga?
Anything is possible it's a bit far -fetched a bowl of soup caused this ..Trump said it's true I'm believing him :LOL:

Yes, you can go for a drive.
Maybe take a mask or scarf if you have to get out of the car for anything ,for a bit of extra protection..

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.