Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
That shocked me as well. Mine are 9, 10, and 12 and we've been out every day for our hour of fresh air (often more like 2 hrs tbh #rebel) and as their Mum I've made that a non-negotiable.

There is a reason the govenment have consistently encouraged those who aren't shielding to go outside for daily exersize; it's really vital for your mental and physical health.

I don't want to be too judgemental, but there's no sugar-coating it sometimes, and to oversee a teenager not leaving the house for approx 7 weeks (without any particular reason) is piss poor parenting by anyones standards.

I have no doubt that if allowed, my kids would sit on gadgets all bloody day, and always decline fresh air(!), but I'm the adult in the relationship so I make suee they get their fruit and veg, fresh air, academic input, emotional support. I mean fuck me I ain't no Mary Poppins but 7 weeks of staying inside 🤯🙁😮
If you can force an older teen to go a walk when they refuse, I take my hat off to you ..a 12 yr old and a 16,17,18 yr old are not in the same league and it's got nothing to do with bad parenting it's personal choice on their part.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Detty pig

Anybody actually reassessing their life? As a early years practitioner I've spent a lot of time putting other peoples children before my own and for not much money. That bit of extra money goes on stuff that I've discovered the kids are quite happily living without.......I'm feeling like I'd actually quite like a slower life, putting my family first for a while. I appreciate I'm lucky to have that option btw. Just wondered if anyone felt the same?

Also apologise for any upset. I was very narrow minded with my comments about back to school. Majority are doing what they think is best and I was speaking emotionally not rationally.

Reactions: 21

Detty pig

This may be an unpopular view but if you send your child back on the 1st Of june knowing teachers are scared and unprotected, that it's not going to be normal and you dont have work it's pretty selfish. The less kids the safer for everyone, so if there is a way around sending them you should take it. It wont be a normal environment that helps their mental health at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have a confession...

I forgot about the Wednesday thing! Today I drove (only five mins) to a larger park than the one immediately close to me. My thought was: We'll go today rather than the weekend. We enjoyed approx an hour in a fairly empty park and all really enjoyed it. It was so nice to be guilt free too.

Then I got home, read the thread and realised I'd done something wrong. I don't even know how I didn't realise. I watched the bloody announcement!

So, sorry everyone! I didn't touch anything though. I feel better having admitted that and I'm not even catholic!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
This herd immunity thing. I thought there was no evidence to show that just because you have it your immune? So it could be pointless anyway?

I think there will be another spike. This meeting one person rule is easy to get around and I know tons of people who are now like well if I have to go back to work and sit with strangers then why can’t I see xxx and many people will be like that and just do it.
If herd immunity is pointless with Covid then the next answer is to wait for a vaccination. We can't stay in lockdown till vaccination.

So it's a mass experiment if you like. Send us out get us mixing. If herd immunity works, fantastic, if not its literally survival of the fittest till a vaccination can be found

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

birdiefly246

VIP Member
From BBC.....

People in England are free to drive as far as they like to outdoor open spaces. But they should not travel to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, or stay anywhere else overnight, including at a second home.
idk if there are many other welsh people on this thread but any of you rather smug about the english being banned from coming into wales given that for centuries the monarchy have waltzed in like it's their mother's house, destroyed our towns, took our water and threw us in jail for speaking our native language?

I'm over it though I promise 🤭😉

*no offence to the english of this thread... I'm just having a little joke!*

• Haha
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
We want to be as transparent as we can........

oh just admit you’re still working on a heard immunity plan and get it over with.

• Sad

LittleMy

VIP Member
Well, we didn’t get KFC but we have ordered a delivery from a local dessert parlour. Having a little movie night with the kids, think we all deserve a little treat it’s been tough going lately. ❤

• Heart

Hairraiser

VIP Member
Have I missed something?
is the social distancing rule no longer in place? My neighbours are having a BBQ, their guests have bought a giant, ugly caravan and parked it right outside our house. I just watched them set up a bed in the caravan so looks like they’re here to stay the night, possibly few days.
I just cba to even say anything to them, or the police. I’m beginning to think ‘what is the point’?
I haven’t seen anyone but my husband in 9 weeks, can’t hug my family. Yet I see people just doing as they please. Sick to death of it all now.
Funny thing is, she’s one of twats that claps outside her window every Thursday.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
Haha 😂
I just imagine my kids chasing me asking for yet more snacks 😂
Soon gets me moving.

I run so I can consume gin. There is nothing joyful about it at all 😂

Mums know best.
ALWAYS!
Whatever keeps him safe and happy is all that matters ❤❤
Thank you. Exactly. My sons been through a lot this last year in school due to bullying from friends he trusted, they turned to drugs and cut him out as he didn’t want to be involved so he had a hard year with no friends in school anymore, Then coronavirus hit, locked down and it’s all made his anxiety worse. He’s become more anxious about going outside than he was before the virus, he was worried incase he bumped into those old friends. Now the virus, I can’t say I blame him for wanting some time out from the world. I’m supporting him as his mum. Mental health is priority and we can’t all be Joe Wickes wanting to walk and run for better mental health. He’s a young man and in time he will get back out there when the world feels less of a scary place and he has his family right behind him.

I’ve been worried sick about him In recent months so I’m nit going to cause him more anxiety forcing him to go out if he’s not ready to go for walks. This virus came at a shit time for him and no one should judge a family when they don’t know what they could be dealing with. My sons been open he’s had a hard year, suffered anxiety and panic attacks in school and on thr walk there every day terrified of the days ahead, he even ended up on a reduced time table before lockdown as he was struggling with anxiety. Since being home his anxiety has been much better and it’s given him time out to get over it all. He’s 15. he's my world and as someone who’s suffered anxiety I know what’s best for him while he’s recovering from all the upset he’s been through in year 10. Yes I worry what if he ends up struggling to go out after lockdown, what if he can’t return to his paper round that gets him out etc but I have to remain positive that he will slip back into things, it may take time but that’s ok, panic and anxiety are hard on an adult, never mind a child.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

Hayles1990

I’m really sorry if some of this has already been said, I am so fucking angry. They’ve opened beach huts where we live! Let me get this straight, I’m allowed to go to the beach, the beach huts, the park, a bench that a ton of people could have coughed over....I’m allowed to go wherever I want. With strangers but I cant see my mum??

• Sad

Tigercat55

Chatty Member
I can’t wait for all these people who think teaching is so easy to go and do their teacher training when all this is over 👍

• Heart
  • Haha

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Another midwife has died as a result of covid. Every death is shocking but when it's someone who does the same job as you it's pretty scary.

• Sad