Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This makes me cry. I can't imagine how emotionally damaging that must be for those children
This is why my daughter wont go back until Sep at the earliest ideally. She's 10, but she would struggle with this. I've had my letter explaining going back to work on June 1st but it says due to low demand some of us will remain furloughed - hopefully they'll prioritise parents for that, but I can see my manager trying to cherry pick who she wants to keep in and furloughing those she doesn't like.

Reactions: 9
It’s so sad to look at. I know education is important but that just looks miserable.
All I could picture is my daughter sat there. Or falling over and her teacher not being able to give her a hug to make her feel better. Shes in year one so we have the option to maybe send her back in June. Unless something drastically changes in the next few weeks she will be staying home. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Sorry unsure of right thread but I’ve got a query/advice needed. I’ve been signed off work (admin GP surgery) with anxiety for 7 weeks. I’ve struggled and still am, with anxiety causing low low mood now. Having therapy but been on waiting list 6 weeks so only had one session so far. I’ve not been to shops etc as too anxious, tried but failed and froze in terror.
Anyway, my boss is pressuring me with when am I back. My note runs out Monday, and I’ll then be on half pay as over 6 weeks off.
Boss is semi understanding but the undertone is that I need to return.
Question:- how long is too long off for anxiety? I’ve never been off work like this so I’ve no idea.
I have a phone appointment with GP tomorrow and am hoping they will extend it even for a week so I can force myself to go out and try hard to get my head round it.
So sorry to take up thread space but I’m desperate for advice- desperate. I’m so sad today, so on edge 😪
My neighbour is off work with anxiety ,she intends to stay off for as long as it takes her to feel better again .

Reactions: 6
I'm so cross someone I know family member recently had a baby, she has now travelled down to her mums house and family have been going round to see the baby. Her mum is a nurse 😡😡
My friend is a nurse on a covid ward and is so relaxed about it all. Couldn't believe I was concerned about sending kids back to school etc. I wonder if because they are around it all day they are more realistic to the risk than we are as all we get is fear mongering press and social media?

Reactions: 14
Sorry unsure of right thread but I’ve got a query/advice needed. I’ve been signed off work (admin GP surgery) with anxiety for 7 weeks. I’ve struggled and still am, with anxiety causing low low mood now. Having therapy but been on waiting list 6 weeks so only had one session so far. I’ve not been to shops etc as too anxious, tried but failed and froze in terror.
Anyway, my boss is pressuring me with when am I back. My note runs out Monday, and I’ll then be on half pay as over 6 weeks off.
Question:- how long is too long off for anxiety? I’ve never been off work like this so I’ve no idea.
I have a phone appointment with GP tomorrow and am hoping they will extend it even for a week so I can force myself to go out and try hard to get my head round it.
So sorry to take up thread space but I’m desperate for advice- desperate. I’m so sad today, so on edge 😪
Sorry, trying to find some info that may help you:

I know you said anxiety but this is the first link that came up.

Also, as you work for a GP they should really follow this?:

Also:

It may even help to talk to someone here about taking time off and your rights and of course you can ask your GP what the usual procedure is when someone needs a lot of time off:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry, trying to find some info that may help you:

I know you said anxiety but this is the first link that came up.

Also, as you work for a GP they should really follow this?:

Also:

I agree, they should support you and be careful with the way they approach this. If I were you I’d stick with the sessions and perhaps try some online learning or techniques. For me the main issue would be that staying off work during lockdown and this horrible time might just make you more anxious and exacerbate the issue - so do whatever feels right but maybe make clear to work that you are taking constructive steps to feel better and they should accommodate...

My friend is a nurse on a covid ward and is so relaxed about it all. Couldn't believe I was concerned about sending kids back to school etc. I wonder if because they are around it all day they are more realistic to the risk than we are as all we get is fear mongering press and social media?
I am personally with you. These pictures that are being rammed down our throats are awful to see but we don’t know what it going to happen here. My aunt is a preschool teacher and she is confident that it won’t be some sort of prison like these pictures make out.

Reactions: 12
I would say take as long as you need and don’t feel like you’ve been forced back when you’re not ready. Only you will know yourself what ‘too long’ is

Speaking from experience though I was off a good few years ago with depression / anxiety for around 6-7 months and I felt the longer I left it the worse it got. I ended up feeling anxious about other things like what people would think of me popping back up after so long, people asking questions, not knowing how to do my job anymore. I ended up getting a sick note which recommended a phased return and that helped loads as I started doing one day a week, then upped to two and so on. I definitely wouldn’t have gone back full time straight away. Sending hugs xx

Reactions: 8
I am personally with you. These pictures that are being rammed down our throats are awful to see but we don’t know what it going to happen here. My aunt is a preschool teacher and she is confident that it won’t be some sort of prison like these pictures make out.
My mind changes all the time about sending my daughter back to school. I go from maybe, to deffianly not and then let's just see what they are going to put in place.

The picture of that girl alone is not indicative of what UK schools are doing I don't think?

Reactions: 2
My mind changes all the time about sending my daughter back to school. I go from maybe, to deffianly not and then let's just see what they are going to put in place
Same. At this moment in time, my children are struggling with the monotony of it. They are struggling with not seeing the outside world (other than a walk on our estate). I’m worried about long term emotional damage, fear of people and places and I’m worried about their development. I totally get people’s fears sending their children to school and appreciate people’s opinions. But personally, I feel the right thing for my kids is to have a bit of structure. We don’t know how long this is going to last, we don’t know if there is ever going to be a vaccine and we (my family) can’t be cooped up forever.

Reactions: 11
Just been for a bike ride - 3 of us. We’ve been going out in the evenings when it’s quieter but it’s my other half’s birthday so we want to enjoy the sun and have a nice day...

We’re quite lucky to have a cycle track near us which was fine once we got onto it. But near the busier parts it’s pretty bloody frustrating. We try and do as much as possible to be aware of others... or should I say alert 🙄 moving to the side, telling our son to keep a distance etc. Then you get others pushing past, someone’s kid (12ish?) biking right behind us, couples walking together rather than single file as we’re passing each other.

It kinda takes the enjoyment out of it! It was totally fine when people are mindful of each other, thanking each other etc. but there are always gonna be a few individuals to make things difficult aren’t there? Just needed to rant 🤨

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.