Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So furlough extended and once again the people like self employed and people who weren’t on company payroll in 15.3 are for forgotten. My sister has a catering business and because her profit was over 50000 ( because she doesn’t fiddle her tax ) she can only get the bounce back LOAN ( not a grant) . She doesn’t have premises as she uses her home so doesn’t get the grants.
My daughter has a cleaning business and will get a very small amount as she did a tax return last April ( but only for 3 months as that is when she started trading ) and can’t get universal credit as her husband has a job.
She had started back to work this week as gov says cleaners can but can’t get any care for her 3 year old and hubby is at home but working in a high pressure job.
Her local school will be taking pupils in June but the headmaster won’t open the pre school even though gov says nurseries and childminders can open.
So hubby and I will be having our granddaughter when she’s working. I know we are not supposed to but I will not see her business fold as she worked so hard to get it up and running .
Meanwhile people on furlough can go out and get another job. That is not fair at all.
And my daughter will be paying her tax as I’m her bookkeeper and I have morals. Also a lot if the parents at her school
Are on benefits and they are campaigning to keep the kids at home ( easy if you have money coming in)
Sorry for the rant
It’s horrendous. My partner is on the extremely vulnerable list so can’t get a second job and we too don’t qualify because he started work in March. It’s just a shambles.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It feels that lots of people are feeling quite flat today (me included). What are people's go to comfort things? For me, it's having Friends on in the TV even in the background. Sounds sad but the familiarity of it always helps me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
So yesterday was, yes you can meet both parents in the park if you keep 2m apart. Today it's, no you can't. Only one parent. And they wonder why people are confused! Give your heads a wobble, work together and stop sending mixed bloody messages!! Surely there has to be an enquiry at some point into the way this whole thing has been ridiculously handled by the government!

Can Trump get any worse? How is that a President? Vile, racist.....🤬

And the person to piss me off first today award goes to *drumroll* Michael O'Leary. I've always thought he's a tosser, he now has the trophy to go with it.
View attachment 128354

Maybe i've lost my mind but this has had me howling with laughter :ROFLMAO: 😂 Where are we meant to fly to? No countries have open borders atm???

Reactions: 2
It feels that lots of people are feeling quite flat today (me included). What are people's go to comfort things? For me, it's having Friends on in the TV even in the background. Sounds sad but the familiarity of it always helps me.
a bubble bath with a podcast or a good book, a facemask and a glass of wine or g&t ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel like today i’m at that point of lockdown where if anyone looks in my direction I’ll scream
“FAKE NEWS”

And anyone asks me a question I’m answering “WHY DON’T YOU ASK CHINA” and flouncing off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Whatever I can cram into the 2hours max from toddler going to bed til I drag myself 😂😂

But in all seriousness I’ll just drag myself onto the treadmill. listen to some music and thrash out a run

• Heart
Shortbread , lots of it.

• Heart
That's a balaclava and that would not be possible in Ireland 😂
Loooool. No it was like a balaclava with no mouth hole and holes for your eyes that were actually smaller than your eyes. I don’t even know why that’s where my mind went with it. 🤣 WHY DID I NOT TAKE ART AT SCHOOL SO I COULD DRAW THIS 🤣

• Haha
Also feeling very flat today and like if I'm about to throw me and my kids back into working in a germ fest then what's been the point in all this. Just meh

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My hubby on vunerable category and shielding, I was about to start a new job just as we locked down. My old company won’t furlough me anyway. We have qualified for UC. It’s taken some of the burden financially and we applied for watersure as he has a bowel disorder and they’ve reduced our payments by about £28 p/m ( metered)
His work colleagues returned to work yesterday. I wonder if they will extend In line with vunerable ppl same as furlough? I’m assuming he may now only get ssp? That’s going to drop his 80% salary though over a £1000 a month Is on ssp, and UC I guess would increase but not enough.
I was thinking of finding a new job but when we qualified for UC it’s taken the burden off me, but I’m then not sure what job except for retail. I was speaking to a hub who would deliver our prescriptions and food orders, they said I shouldn’t be leaving the house either. We get a shopping delivery weekly now under the vunerable scheme. And I shop for my parents. I just feel like I should be working, I’m not vunerable, but am obese and high bp. I had to have a medical, pass a driving test and DBS for new job that the employer has paid for, and I’m looking forward to working, I’m just in limbo until they send SEN children back to school ( atm I won’t be sending my own back, and don’t expect anyone else to, let alone SEN kids)
I really just need to get off my fat arse really :/

i mean it would, certain members of government are......
*sends rest of message to drafts**
You mean Leo's into the whole fetish thing :ROFLMAO: rubber masks with tiny eye holes and no mouth ...tell us more👂👀

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.