Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honest to god this gets unbelievably better... 100,000 people have been wrongly sent letters to say they should be shielding GPs are now in the process of contacting patients to inform them this is not the case and they can infact go outside šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø you couldn't write this tit !
but surely theyā€™d know themselves if they were required to shield?

Reactions: 4
Is anyone else annoyed by constantly hearing that old people are going to go off the rails if they arenā€™t allowed out!? Itā€™s boiling my piss šŸ¤¬

What about young people? Children and young teens that havenā€™t complained once and then thereā€™s pensioners planning a ā€˜massive revoltā€™ if they canā€™t come out.
old people have become the new teenagers. they are everywhere..on my daily walk I went through the park on my road every bench was occupied by pensioners (some possibly related) most just old ladies chatting.
they have no concept of social distancing and get near you in shops! they shop in pairs when signs say singular shoppers. they are basically being a pain in the arse!

i think most kids have behaved in a much more mature manner than the OAPs ..they are also losing out on so much and who nows how this will affect them going forward. The oldies are coming across as selfish when these measures are being done to safe guard them as lets put it bluntly if the get it theyre highly likely to die!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It's shocking ! some people haven't literally been outside since lockdown ...
but surely theyā€™d know themselves if they were required to shield?
Not necessarily the conditions they gave for shielding were very vague it mentioned heart disease and asthma for instance ,but not a specific type only the hospital or GP would have known if you fell into the category that needed to shield..

Reactions: 2
It's shocking ! some people haven't literally been outside since lockdown ...

Not necessarily the conditions they gave for shielding were very vague it mentioned heart disease and asthma for instance ,but not a specific type only the hospital or GP would have known if you fell into the category that needed to shield..
If people with asthma are shielding I think that is a big duck up with their gp specifically. I have asthma and the official advice was that it makes you slightly more vulnerable but you definitely werenā€™t advised to shield and never go out.
Crazy to think how many people have been totally isolating unnecessarily!

old people have become the new teenagers. they are everywhere..on my daily walk I went through the park on my road every bench was occupied by pensioners (some possibly related) most just old ladies chatting.
they have no concept of social distancing and get near you in shops! they shop in pairs when signs say singular shoppers. they are basically being a pain in the arse!

i think most kids have behaved in a much more mature manner than the OAPs ..they are also losing out on so much and who nows how this will affect them going forward. The oldies are coming across as selfish when these measures are being done to safe guard them as lets put it bluntly if the get it theyre highly likely to die!
Some teenagers are still knobheads though. On my daily walk yesterday I had to cross over onto the other side of the road that doesn't have a footpath, because these idiots had taken over the footpathšŸ™„. Why weren't they on the road? I was going to say something but would have got a mouthful of abuse. I took a sneaky photošŸ˜”
Screenshot_20200505-145610_Gallery.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
If people with asthma are shielding I think that is a big duck up with their gp specifically. I have asthma and the official advice was that it makes you slightly more vulnerable but you definitely werenā€™t advised to shield and never go out!
Excuse me my sister in law has asthma and takes certain steroids she also has be's hospitalised from time to time with it and she got a letter ..Like I said it's certain type's not all ..

Reactions: 9
Depends on the severity of the condition. Many people have mild asthma. My husband has mild asthma, he didnā€™t get a letter to shield and we werenā€™t expecting him to.

Reactions: 4
Excuse me my sister in law has asthma and takes certain steroids she also has be's hospitalised from time to time with it and she got a letter ..Like I said it's certain type's not all ..
I know some people can have very severe asthma, my point was if 100,000 people have wrongly received a shielding letter then lots donā€™t actually have it that bad and theyā€™ve missed 2 months of ā€œlifeā€ already and so much unnecessary stress. Severe asthma is a very rare asthma diagnosis.

Donā€™t they have to tell us tomorrow re:lockdown?

Could still announce lockdown extension but ease some things Sunday?

I donā€™t think anything is being announced tomorrow, they have specifically said Sunday is a lockdown announcement because they need a few extra days after the SAGE report tomorrow.

Reactions: 1

Boris said the review is tomorrow but announcement wont be made till sunday due to ā€˜few days delay in dataā€™ apparently? Even though data can travel faster than light these days so i think he is saying that to get the bank holiday weekend out of the way before the announcement.

The bottom bit is what he said earlier

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I know some people can have very severe asthma, my point was if 100,000 people have wrongly received a shielding letter then lots donā€™t actually have it that bad and theyā€™ve missed 2 months of ā€œlifeā€ already and so much unnecessary stress. Severe asthma is a very rare asthma diagnosis.
I didn't say it was all asthma sufferers received it ! It's a whole range of conditions I used asthma and heart disease as an example when oohthedrama asked would people not know if they needed to shield or not ..Severe asthma does exist rare or not I don't know what your trying to say ?

I don't think they have to tell us anything tomorrow. I think it's been moved to Sunday because of the bankholl and they don't want people rushing out.
I can't see the anouncement being anything major anyway.

Reactions: 5

Bloody unlimited exercise? They must be having a laugh šŸ¤£ how much exercise can people do? Seriously if this is what is announced on sunday im gonna have a giggle! Bloody unlimited exercise šŸ¤£ its unlimited now anyway - no ones out there checking if youve been out for a walk once or twice on the same day? Oh god this has really made me laugh! Sorry šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I didn't say it was all asthma sufferers received it ! It's a whole range of conditions I used asthma and heart disease as an example when oohthedrama asked would people not know if they needed to shield or not ..Severe asthma does exist rare or not I don't know what your trying to say ?
You were the one who said 100,000 people received letters by mistake! Iā€™m just saying thatā€™s crazy and all these people think they need to be terrified of their kids going outside or their spouse doing the food shop and it actually turns out they arenā€™t that vulnerable and it was all unnecessary!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.