Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing I can’t forget is how much the Government wanted to lead us down the herd immunity route. I’m suspicious of them wanting to lift lockdown now. It still does not seem safe enough to ease any restrictions, unless they are still wanting to follow this unpopular plan. I was just reading the Wiki page for the coronavirus outbreak in the UK and this interested me.

“On 16 April, The Telegraph quoted a member of the Cabinet saying: "There's no exit plan at the moment ... We didn't want to go down this route in the first place—public and media pressure pushed the lockdown ..."[91] On 20 April, a No. 10 adviser was quoted by The Times saying: "Almost every plan we had was not activated in February. ... It was a massive spider's web of failing."

Reactions: 10
Regarding Ikea reopening. Aren't some of their car parks being used for the covid testing? I think that at least the Wembley one is. Are they turfing out the testing then, or shrinking it to the hand car wash corner :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My other half works in construction. The sites were closed end of march and two weeks ago we were told the sites were opening in two weeks. He's had emails to say what ppe was required etc and social distancing measures that would be taken. Today he had a call to say it was gojng really slow getting it all ready for safety etc. I'm finding it reassuring that it's taken its time to make sure all is safe, hope other sectors are the same.

Reactions: 6
I think once lockdown is lifted it will take me a very long time before I choose to go shopping again other than for essential items. Am I the only one who feels like this? 🙁

Reactions: 28
I think once lockdown is lifted it will take me a very long time before I choose to go shopping again other than for essential items. Am I the only one who feels like this? 🙁
Nope. I don't want to leave my house right now. 8 weeks inside my 4 walls and although I want some normality again it also terrifies me

• Sad
Reactions: 14
sorry - Probably going to get flamed for this, but I think doing out for a “nice long drive”, IS against the rules.
By long, I mean 20 mins, if that. I don't see the issue with it if I never leave my car and am with people from my own household. I get closer to people walking past me on the street than I ever will driving in my car!

Reactions: 2
My other half works in construction. The sites were closed end of march and two weeks ago we were told the sites were opening in two weeks. He's had emails to say what ppe was required etc and social distancing measures that would be taken. Today he had a call to say it was gojng really slow getting it all ready for safety etc. I'm finding it reassuring that it's taken its time to make sure all is safe, hope other sectors are the same.

Has he been told when he’s back at work? My other half works in construction as well and heard nothing from his employer! So frustrating

Reactions: 1
How is that high in a population of 66 million
400+ people dying in one day of a virus that didn’t exist 6 months ago is always going to be high no matter the population.

Besides, It’s gone up. Which is the point I think they’re trying to make.

Reactions: 15
Interesting as 2 construction sites near me reopened this week. The noise is so distracting, i was grateful when they closed 🤣😬
They arent practicing social distancing from what i can see at 1 of them either. 4-6 blokes all stood together, sharing of large machinery.

No you aren't, i will be staying in as much as possible for the first 4-6 weeks at least. I want to see what happens with R before i start integrating myself and my family back in to society.

Reactions: 5
400+ people dying in one day of a virus that didn’t exist 6 months ago is always going to be high no matter the population.

Besides, It’s gone up. Which is the point I think they’re trying to make.
It's the lowest daily rise on a Wednesday since late March.

The four nations' daily totals on previous Wednesdays were 610 on April 29, 791 on April 22, 801 on April 15 and 936 on April 8.

The Department of Health reported daily increases of 670 deaths on April 1, 186 on March 25 and 34 on March 18.

331 is England only
Of the 331 new deaths announced today:

- 54 occurred on May 5

- 121 occurred on May 4

- 28 occurred on May 3

The figures also show 28 of the new deaths took place on May 1-2, 84 took place in April, while the remaining 16 deaths occurred in March, with the earliest new death taking place on March 13.

Reactions: 3
I've been added to a fb group where people post their amazon wishlists and you buy them stuff from their list, and they do the same for you.

Lovely, lovely idea, great way to cheer people up, but am I the only scrooge who thinks it's awful for the postmen and amazon workers? 😭
No I agree! my partner who is currently working in France has ordered himself a Lego millennial falcon to be sent to his mums house , she is over 70, he won’t be home until at least mid June so I questioned why he’d done it! He said it was keeping Lego and Royal Mail in business!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
No doubt it’s still high BUT the trend is going down. We aren’t in the 700s, 800s, 900s+ we were a few weeks ago. Slowly but surely it’s going down x

Reactions: 4
Nearly 30,000 Uk victims doctors are calling on an inquiry into the government response..

Reactions: 8
Nope, I feel that way also. I don’t like being around people at the best of times, so it will suit me perfectly tbh.

Reactions: 6
Has he been told when he’s back at work? My other half works in construction as well and heard nothing from his employer! So frustrating
Nope, no firm date set. He heard from one of the companies he works for (he does flooring) and they said it was gojng really slow. Probably will only be doing a few plots a week, 2-3 days to begin with. Hope you hear something soon.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.