Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess it’s highly likely your husband has the same as you, especially as it’s contagious before presenting symptoms. Hope you both feel better soon.
Thank you. I hope if you guys have had it, that means you have developed at least some immunity to it and don’t have to go through it again x

Reactions: 4
Raab is saying no schools will be opening as it will create a massive leap in infection rate 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Have to agree with the people worrying about sending their kids. I pulled my son out of nursery the week before official lockdown was announced. I wouldn’t be quick to send them back either, and I’m glad our First Minister is taking it seriously and not rushing the children back to school/nursery before the summer holidays. There is too much conflicting advice out there, and many valid reasons for worrying. What if this virus mutates and does start to affect more children? What about the inflammation disease that keeps being reported recently in some infected children?

Yes, and I can’t smell anything. It’s like a strange, burning sensation in my nose all the time. Really bad sore throat and a heaviness in my chest. I also have a productive cough (phlegm).
You not think it could be allergies you have as we are coming into allergy season and post nasal drips cause productive coughs

Reactions: 3
It definitely sounds like it. I know lots of people present differently. It’s definitely a weird one, I’ve never felt anything like it. My husband has come down with the same symptoms as me now too. We can’t get a test for him at the moment, but we’re just going to assume that he has it and continue to self isolate for the full 14 days.
How old are your children as they did say if both parents of young children get it then their family members (eg. grandparents) can come and take the children to their home to help care for them?

Reactions: 1
Raab is saying no schools will be opening as it will create a massive leap in infection rate 🤷‍♀️
they really need to do what Ireland have done and keep schools closed until September.

make it clear thats the plan and work on providing childcare for those who need it.

Reactions: 14
You not think it could be allergies you have as we are coming into allergy season and post nasal drips cause productive coughs
I tested positive for Coronavirus. I’m not prone to allergies/hayfever either. My cough started out very dry.

Last edited:
How old are your children as they did say if both parents of young children get it then their family members (eg. grandparents) can come and take the children to their home to help care for them?
My kids are 2 and 4. My mum already offered to take them, but we decided against it. I don’t want to risk them being carriers and passing it on. I don’t think my parents have been great at lockdown themselves, bending the rules to suit them. They also don’t live in the same town as us.

Ive already been planning a list for a second lockdown 🤣 i feel i was under prepared this time with 'activities' for the kids and diy stuff.
I've only just managed to get craft stuff, still no paint though.

I hope you don’t mind. I just need to vent.

I am a health worker. I have been on long term sick, waiting for major surgery which finally happened at the start of the year. I was due to return back to work in March. Then Covid struck. Due to being in the vulnerable category, I was advised I needed to be in a non patient facing role. Which work couldnt facilitate. So I am at home, on basic pay.

my husband was furloughed a week after lockdown was implemented. We have stayed safe at home. Yesterday we were hit with a awful email telling my husband he is being made redundant and giving him a weeks notice. WTF. They get rid of someone, while they aren’t even paying the wage, with a weeks notice. Why not say your being made redundant From the 1st July ? It is so hard to get a job as we are in lockdown. How can we go from his income of £2800 a month to universal credit £78 a week.

I am beyond devastated. Our older sons have lost their jobs too. So we are supporting them. Now we will struggle to put food on the table.

I have decided that although I am at risk I will have to return to work on the wards.
Sorry I needed to rant and tell someone 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 23
The press are reporting it must be true as sturgeon said the same earlier the R is too high yet !
He said blanket opening of schools would cause a spike in infections. Didnt mention phased opening for year 6’s 10’s and 11’s etc. Of course it’d have to be phased no ones gonna open up schools and let all the children in straight away, it will be phased.
But wouldnt surprise me at all if they dont open until september.

Reactions: 6
He said blanket opening of schools would cause a spike in infections. Didnt mention phased opening for year 6’s 10’s and 11’s etc. Of course it’d have to be phased no ones gonna open up schools and let all the children in straight away, it will be phased.
But wouldnt surprise me at all if they dont open until september.
Well it wouldn't make sense if it's too dangerous! there must be something going on behind the scenes that their not happy with . The headteachers don't want them to open. it could be to do with a number of things like maybe staff feel they'd be too compromised ,don't forget teachers will be on the front line so it must be a big worry for them and their families..I wouldn't fancy having to do it tbh

Is it acceptable to be in the same car as a member of your household, go to a supermarket but stay in the car while the other person goes into the shop? Or is that a risk of being stopped by the police and being fined for the passenger being out of the house unnecessarily? I'm reading an argument elsewhere and I just want to be the one who barges into the conversation and put little miss know it all in her place 😂

Reactions: 2
I know I shouldn't let other people's actions bother me, but I'm so fed up with people breaking the rules. Two people in my work group chat, bragging about having various men over for booty calls 😤

Unrelated - my uncle has an IBD and works on the covid ward at our local hospital. He got a shielding letter today! Why didn't he get one back in March? So cross and heartbroken for him.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Is it acceptable to be in the same car as a member of your household, go to a supermarket but stay in the car while the other person goes into the shop? Or is that a risk of being stopped by the police and being fined for the passenger being out of the house unnecessarily? I'm reading an argument elsewhere and I just want to be the one who barges into the conversation and put little miss know it all in her place 😂
Plenty of people do it here and we're never stopped and fined ! guess it would be up to the way the police operate in each area .it's only a soft lockdown we're in not Prison Break 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Well, I don’t know if it’s acceptable, but we’ve done it before (prior to catching the virus). I stayed in the car with the kids while my husband went in to do the shop. We needed a change of scenery, and we didn’t leave the car. My youngest actually took a nap the entire time. The supermarket also isn’t too far from where we live so would have been easy enough to get home if car had broken down or something.

My friend, husband and 2 kids went to pick up their click and collect together. I'd of rather gone on my own and enjoy the break from the kids 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I know I shouldn't let other people's actions bother me, but I'm so fed up with people breaking the rules. Two people in my work group chat, bragging about having various men over for booty calls 😤

Unrelated - my uncle has an IBD and works on the covid ward at our local hospital. He got a shielding letter today! Why didn't he get one back in March? So cross and heartbroken for him.
My god that's late in the day to be sending out a letter sounds like he was lucky he didn't catch it !

She's adamant only one person is allowed out 😂 she's a snooty cow and I just want to put her in her place.....preferably a cave with a great big rock blocking the entrance 😂
I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the passenger stays in the car 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.