Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't give a tit about the "R rate" or whatever it's called. The deaths and cases are still too high to be even thinking about relaxing any measure of lockdown. There's a picture going round facebook of a slide, just get over the top and jump off, you'll break your legs, but continue down the slide and you'll be fine. It's so true!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks everyone! Honestly we were preparing for this for a long time and it was the right time for him to go, what with what’s going on right now. I don’t think I was very clear. I personally don’t agree his death should go down as a ‘Covid death’. Yes he had it, but I dont think it’s what killed him and I certainly don’t agree that it should be logged as a statistic. Coronavirus didn’t kill him, he died of cancer but just so happened to have Coronavirus.

Reactions: 12
Ok found this https://www.health.org.uk/news-and-...s-from-any-cause-in-care-homes-have-increased

Relative to the start of the COVID-19 outbreak in England and Wales, care homes have seen the biggest increase in deaths over time compared to deaths that have occurred in other settings. Deaths in care homes from all causes have increased by 220% since the start of the outbreak.

So that is a dramatic increase !

Talking to my friend who is a GP one of the biggest issues they are having is with dementia patients as there is no way to stop them wandering without locking them in a room and they have no awareness of what is going on or why such measures would be taken so would hugely distressing.
Plus most dementia patients have DNR's, so would not be put on ventilators. I think that was why the hospitals were sending them back to the Care Homes as they had DNR's.

As someone who’s parent died recently and whos cause of death on his death certificate was ‘Coronavirus’, I cannot tell you how much this angers me. He was poorly for many many years, in a care home for the remainder of his life. He died OF cancer. He died WITH Coronavirus. Who knows how many deaths have Coronavirus as the cause on their certificates when they were sadly dying anyway? I might be sounding incredibly insensitive but I really think their should be a clear differentiation between deaths CAUSED BY and deaths WITH.... imo anyway. Rant over.
They do say at the Press Conference that when all the data is in and when they analyse it in a year or two, it will take into affect age and things like that as to if they died OF it or WITH it.

Plus in the Community, Dr's are allowed to mark it down as Covid-19 on the death certificates IF they believe they died of it, without having to do a test or post mortem.

Reactions: 4
When this lock downs over my mum and mil will squeeze my kids that hard, they will probably tit their selfs.

As I'm not a hugger my self, it's been nice for me 😂
My littlest had started walking during lockdown - she gets so excited to see my mum on FaceTime I think she’s going to race over to her if we are in the vicinity!!

• Heart
Now the worst in Europe. Proof of Over population couldn’t be more damning. there’s a case to be made for Belgium being the worst in Europe given their population though. Would hazard a guess they’re the highest per 1000 people or million people whatever

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Now the worst in Europe. Proof of Over population couldn’t be more damning. there’s a case to be made for Belgium being the worst in Europe given their population though. Would hazard a guess they’re the highest per 1000 people or million people whatever
I’d take that claim with a pinch of salt. Many countries not accounting for deaths outside of care homes, we are classing some deaths as COVID related when they haven’t even been tested. Unless all countries are following the same criteria, we can’t compare and make bold claims.

Reactions: 8
I’d take that claim with a pinch of salt. Many countries not accounting for deaths outside of care homes, we are classing some deaths as COVID related when they haven’t even been tested. Unless all countries are following the same criteria, we can’t compare and make bold claims.
Which countries aren’t counting deaths outside hospitals?
As far as the data shows are are listing barely any non tested deaths as covid, the other day it was 6 out of 600 and something so it isn’t being used as a sweeping measure by any means.

Which countries aren’t counting deaths outside hospitals?
As far as the data shows are are listing barely any non tested deaths as covid, the other day it was 6 out of 600 and something so it isn’t being used as a sweeping measure by any means.
today there are claims that the true figure of deaths is 32k and that many of those deaths are being logged as COVID even though they weren’t tested. As far as countries that haven’t logged outside of hospitals, I believe Spain and another? I could be (and would happily be) wrong.

Id also like to reiterate that unless it’s certain we are logging to the same criteria (which I don’t think anyone can be confident on), we shouldnt compare.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Does anyone watch interviews with Professor Neil Ferguson? Naughty boy!

THE SCIENTIST whose advice led to Boris Johnson putting Britain in lockdown has resigned from his government advisory position after he broke social distancing rules to meet his married lover.

Professor Neil Ferguson allowed the woman to visit him at home during the lockdown while lecturing the public on the need for strict social distancing to reduce the spread of coronavirus.

The woman lives with her husband and their children in another house, the Daily Telegraph reported.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
I read earlier that statistics show deaths at this time are year are up 11,000. So how accurate are these figures - obviously people die every day so I’d be interested to know how the figures would differ should we be at the end of the year in flu season. Every death is sad but I do think figures being branded aren’t a true reflection of the virus personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I understand where your coming from truly I do. But I don’t know which countries in Europe you’re referring to

China for sure

The craziest part to me is that we are an island!!!! We had such a big advantage. Other islands have managed to get away with hardly any fatalities (Australia, New Zealand). We could’ve been like that! Closed off all borders immediately and we could’ve been in such a different position. As an island there is no reason for us to be the worst in Europe :(

The craziest part to me is that we are an island!!!! We had such a big advantage. Other islands have managed to get away with hardly any fatalities (Australia, New Zealand). We could’ve been like that! Closed off all borders immediately and we could’ve been in such a different position. As an island there is no reason for us to be the worst in Europe :(
heathrow is the busiest airport in the world

we had no chance

Reactions: 3
I couldn't give a tit about the "R rate" or whatever it's called. The deaths and cases are still too high to be even thinking about relaxing any measure of lockdown. There's a picture going round facebook of a slide, just get over the top and jump off, you'll break your legs, but continue down the slide and you'll be fine. It's so true!!
Exactly! Italy and Spain have just lessened their quarantine and it is basically how we are now - exercise outside allowed and takeaway food available and they’re weeks ahead of us in infection

we had no chance
But they could have done checks like literally every other European airport did.. a friend of mine visited from Germanyin feb and was shocked he was just able to walk in!

today there are claims that the true figure of deaths is 32k and that many of those deaths are being logged as COVID even though they weren’t tested. As far as countries that haven’t logged outside of hospitals, I believe Spain and another? I could be (and would happily be) wrong.

Id also like to reiterate that unless it’s certain we are logging to the same criteria (which I don’t think anyone can be confident on), we shouldnt compare.
It annoys me that iThe international community haven’t tried,to standardise this.. like i know some countries ie China might want to change stats etc but at least there should’ve been an attempt

I read earlier that statistics show deaths at this time are year are up 11,000. So how accurate are these figures - obviously people die every day so I’d be interested to know how the figures would differ should we be at the end of the year in flu season. Every death is sad but I do think figures being branded aren’t a true reflection of the virus personally.
That’s not true, the 11,000-odd figure is the excessive deaths from a single week.

The R rating is the amount of people it effects

if it goes above 1 it will grow exponentially and start again. If it stays below 1 it will shrink exponentially which is the end game we’re looking for

It’s absolutely vital in the entire control effort

Reactions: 7

we had no chance
Checks should have been done and every other airport closed. Keep people only coming through one and then straight away being quarantined (strictly) if they had a temperature. We could’ve done so much more to distance ourselves as an island

Reactions: 7

Why say things that you don’t know the truth about though? You kept claiming “many” countries don’t count their outside hospital deaths and the only one you can actually list is maybe Spain?

Why say things that you don’t know the truth about though? You kept claiming “many” countries don’t count their outside hospital deaths and the only one you can actually list is maybe Spain?
do any of us know the truth? No. So until we do I’d rather not assume the the figures that are being spewed to us are accurate.

thank you for pulling me up on ‘many’... I’ll correct it to ‘other countries’ thanks bro 👍🏻

Reactions: 3
But they could have done checks like literally every other European airport did.. a friend of mine visited from Germanyin feb and was shocked he was just able to walk in!
China chased around trying to cover it before we even knew there was a problem. At that point it was locking the stable door after the horse had bolted.
The family that came from Italy to Devon with it (god knows how many they infected on that journey) wouldn’t have been the first. Closing Heathrow down completely at Xmas would’ve done it. Cast your mind back to Christmas. No one even heard of coronavirus. That was never happening

Checks should have been done and every other airport closed. Keep people only coming through one and then straight away being quarantined (strictly) if they had a temperature. We could’ve done so much more to distance ourselves as an island
Once again, China not reporting it was already way way too late for us all. I know it seems unfashionable now to put this on China for some odd reason but I’m afraid that’s the case

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.