Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the news showed grandparents and their grandchildren hugging! Maybe that’s spain
On news at 6 yesterday they showed a mother and daughter at a train station and they weren't allowed to touch. Although I am sure once at home together they would have sneakily. You couldn't stop me from hugging my mum!

Reactions: 6
When this lock downs over my mum and mil will squeeze my kids that hard, they will probably tit their selfs.

As I'm not a hugger my self, it's been nice for me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Corbyn tweeted theres been 8,000 care home deaths so far due to Covid. Is this correct?! Because that is absolutely terrible.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Am I being daft but why are people so massively worried about kids?
I don’t get it
10 million kids in the uk and 11 deaths most of those older “kids” and with health issues
I’m not being argumentative I am genuinely asking what others fear that I don’t see
Of the 21,750 confirmed reported deaths so far in hospitals in England of people who tested positive for Covid-19, 11,412 (52pc) have been people aged 80 and over while 8,442 (39pc) were 60-79.
A further 1,732 (8pc) were aged 40-59, with 153 (1pc) aged 20-39 and 11 (0.05pc) aged 0-19, according to NHS England.

Reactions: 11
I don’t get it
10 million kids in the uk and 11 deaths most of those older “kids” and with health issues
I’m not being argumentative I am genuinely asking what others fear that I don’t see
Of the 21,750 confirmed reported deaths so far in hospitals in England of people who tested positive for Covid-19, 11,412 (52pc) have been people aged 80 and over while 8,442 (39pc) were 60-79.
A further 1,732 (8pc) were aged 40-59, with 153 (1pc) aged 20-39 and 11 (0.05pc) aged 0-19, according to NHS England.
I think it's more that children can be carriers of it without actually getting any symptoms. That then puts any adults they come in to contact with at risk. Children aren't the most hygienic at the best of time either

Reactions: 9
I don’t get it
Kids can still PASS it on? The virus could mutate? There are a lot of different possibilities. Several kids could be carriers and pass it on to teachers, family members, etc.

Reactions: 8
Kids can still PASS it on? The virus could mutate? There are a lot of different possibilities. Several kids could be carriers and pass it on to teachers, family members, etc.
Exactly this. Just wrote the same thing

Reactions: 5
Corbyn tweeted theres been 8,000 care home deaths so far due to Covid. Is this correct?! Because that is absolutely terrible.
Not being insensitive but I think the deaths in care homes would be high on a normal week as by the nature of a care home people and frail and elderly. And by the nature of this virus it also is hitting older generations harder so I would expect that the deaths would be high in care homes sadly. Not sure what the comparisons are from last year etc

That's not to say that better measures could have been taken to help reduce the numbers.

Reactions: 5
But isn’t there more than one study confirming they aren’t super spreaders and don’t pass it on?

But all I’m seeing is how people don’t want to risk their kids getting it, I don’t see any genuine Real risk??

I think it's more that children can be carriers of it without actually getting any symptoms. That then puts any adults they come in to contact with at risk. Children aren't the most hygienic at the best of time either

Reactions: 1
Children are low risk of passing it to adults

Reactions: 2
Not being insensitive but I think the deaths in care homes would be high on a normal week as by the nature of a care home people and frail and elderly. And by the nature of this virus it also is hitting older generations harder so I would expect that the deaths would be high in care homes sadly. Not sure what the comparisons are from last year etc

That's not to say that better measures could have been taken to help reduce the numbers.

Ok found this https://www.health.org.uk/news-and-...s-from-any-cause-in-care-homes-have-increased

Relative to the start of the COVID-19 outbreak in England and Wales, care homes have seen the biggest increase in deaths over time compared to deaths that have occurred in other settings. Deaths in care homes from all causes have increased by 220% since the start of the outbreak.

So that is a dramatic increase !

Talking to my friend who is a GP one of the biggest issues they are having is with dementia patients as there is no way to stop them wandering without locking them in a room and they have no awareness of what is going on or why such measures would be taken so would hugely distressing.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I'm in a private nursery which isn't compulsory. I suppose you could always de register them and home school yourself?

I cant imagine when the schools open it will be all pupils back in on one go on the same day.

Why are you reluctant to send them back? Is it because you are worried about them catching it and bringing it back home or are you just used to and feel safer in lockdown? I know that's how I felt, we've been conditioned to feel that!
It’s because I have health conditions and viruses make me very unwell and my husband is an asthmatic.

Reactions: 3
Well the chart i shared from Scotlands Government page, shows that the rate of infection would increase if schools in Scotland were to return. So they obviously have data which suggests they either pass it on or the areas parents would have to be to take kids to and from schools would increase R.

I took my children out of school before lockdown because i am in the vulnerable category, they pass pretty much everything over to me that they catch in school. So i wasnt willing to take the risk with what was a largely unknown virus at the time.

Reactions: 6
I’ll be so disappointed if lockdown gets relaxed on the weekend given today’s figures. If they decide to relax and look to open schools people are going to have so many internal, moral and ethical quandaries to contend with.
Feels a bit like the number of deaths is just being glossed over as regrettable and sometimes feels like we are all just being let out to hope for the best!
Sorry - feel a bit down about it all today.
I feel so worried. I’ve finally felt less anxious. At the beginning of lockdown my anxiety was awful, I cried and had near panic attacks but then began to feel safe as we’ve not left our home in 7 weeks other than to walk the dogs very close to home. Now I can feel that anxiety creeping back because the security blanket will be ripped from under us all. We will be forced to work, forced to send our children out there, my daughters work place I know will open straight away and then I’ve my first risk of her going on buses daily and into an office space, and I really don’t want to. With new cases and deaths still so high I think it will be a big mistake if they lift lockdown, I really do.

• Sad
I think the whole thing about children is just we really DONT know what role they play.

I would rather sit on the side of caution. My mother is high risk and due to work my son is around her in our office (office is sealed from anyone else except us, we are all isolating except work and home, obviously he’s not in childcare) so until I know it’s safe for him to return, he can’t.
He spends too much time around my mum to risk it. And quite frankly it’s done wonders for her mental health to be around him during this time. She’s much luckier in that respect compared to other people.

As someone who’s parent died recently and whos cause of death on his death certificate was ‘Coronavirus’, I cannot tell you how much this angers me. He was poorly for many many years, in a care home for the remainder of his life. He died OF cancer. He died WITH Coronavirus. Who knows how many deaths have Coronavirus as the cause on their certificates when they were sadly dying anyway? I might be sounding incredibly insensitive but I really think their should be a clear differentiation between deaths CAUSED BY and deaths WITH.... imo anyway. Rant over.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
As someone who’s parent died recently and whos cause of death on his death certificate was ‘Coronavirus’, I cannot tell you how much this angers me. He was poorly for many many years, in a care home for the remainder of his life. He died OF cancer. He died WITH Coronavirus. Who knows how many deaths have Coronavirus as the cause on their certificates when they were sadly dying anyway? I might be sounding incredibly insensitive but I really think their should be a clear differentiation between deaths CAUSED BY and deaths WITH.... imo anyway. Rant over.
I’m so sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you and your family.

is the difference the thing that actually stops the breathing? I’m not too sure but could be what they’re going on?

I think people are aware of this but are worried how it will be "managed" going forward ! Don't forget they are still a lot of people in the vulnerable category that are concerned how they will "manage "and the government have not addressed this yet ! There needs to be clear guidance on a lot of issues yet it won't be as clear cut as everyone thinks ....
So, so sorry for your loss. It might not seem like it right now but things do get easier. My mum died a few years ago. She had terminal cancer but it wasn't that which killed her. On her death certificate, the primary cause of death is a brain haemorrhage and the secondary cause was the cancer. I never, ever think of her now (and back then) of dying of cancer, it was always the haemorrhage. The cancer was going to take her but it didn't.

Sorry for your loss.
Coming from the other side, my grandma died in a care home 3 weeks ago with corona symptoms but wasn't tested. She's been in a home for around 5 years. The last 2 she's been poorly yet she passed away during the peak of Covid.
I bet so many Covid deaths are being unreported.
The whole thing is just so awful. I can't wait for normality.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.