Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like this too. So genuinely sad of people too scared to even get a takeaway.
Don't be sad, people have their own levels of what is safe for them and what isn't. I know mine is compounded with my own mental health issues which in part have been triggered by the virus but mine wasn't because of stuff I read on social media but the reality of what was happening at work. I feel safer cleaning stuff and not going out much. It's what helps me cope.

Reactions: 6
Someone in the Harry and Meghan thread has posted a pic up of the front of the daily mail and theres a pic of Rishi on it, ooh its made my morning. 😊 :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Is anyone else on furlough concerned there may not be a job to go back to? It's been niggling me for a while and I imagine it will be dependent on the govt plan to exit lockdown but the business I work for relies heavily on live events with hundreds or even thousands of people in attendance. Moving them online means they have to charge less, but then need more people to attend - I can't imagine attending events in person or online is going to be a high spending priority for other companies struggling as well so no idea how sustainable this will be and therefore jobs are likely to be at risk.

Reactions: 6
Ahhh get well soon x I’m so terrified of getting it, do you have any words of wisdom that will help me? An odd question I know but I don’t know anyone who’s had it so no one to ask. ❤
Thanks. Not really, I’ve had it quite mild fortunately. I know it can be very different for other people, but I don’t have any known underlying conditions or health issues. For me it’s mostly been like a bad head cold/flu with some aches and pains and that general unwell feeling. The worst thing for me has been the headaches though. Plenty fluids and regular paracetamol has helped, and eating if/when I feel up to it. Some days I did, some days I didn’t. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
my guess is he’ll extend to June 1 at least. He’s had to do it in 3 week increments so people didn’t lose their minds

Reactions: 5
Is anyone else on furlough concerned there may not be a job to go back to? It's been niggling me for a while and I imagine it will be dependent on the govt plan to exit lockdown but the business I work for relies heavily on live events with hundreds or even thousands of people in attendance. Moving them online means they have to charge less, but then need more people to attend - I can't imagine attending events in person or online is going to be a high spending priority for other companies struggling as well so no idea how sustainable this will be and therefore jobs are likely to be at risk.
Yes definitely. Both myself and my husband are both on furlough and I’m so worried that the longer we are, the less chance of our jobs being there long term. I really want them to start to ease things a bit so that things can get moving again.

At the same time I know I’m really privileged to be young without health conditions, which I know makes it much easier for me to want things eased!

Reactions: 7
A significant proportion of people currently furloughed will not be going back to their job. It is crazy the amount of people who can't see this and just think they are on a holiday and calling for it to last for months past the end of June. I don't think they would be demanding their workplace shut for longer if they were getting less than 80% or knew they weren't going back into employment, both of which are likely soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Yes definitely. Both myself and my husband are both on furlough and I’m so worried that the longer we are, the less chance of our jobs being there long term. I really want them to start to ease things a bit so that things can get moving again.

At the same time I know I’m really privileged to be young without health conditions, which I know makes it much easier for me to want things eased!
Same - I don't have health concerns either which I fully appreciate makes it easier to want to get back to some sense of normality. I completely understand there will need to be measures in place and I'll be honest, I don't know how things on public transport will work but I'm starting to think that we just have to get on with what is suggested as this isn't sustainable anymore.

Has there been any mention of nurseries? So much talk on schools but little to nothing on even younger kids and babies. My daughter was due to start nursery last week - we haven't even done settling in so that's another logistic to work out and another reason I want to know the plan so we can get organised.

I completely agree in regards to possibility of no job to return to. I have been worrying so much about this so I have decided to take the plunge and return to education to improve my future career/job prospects.

Same - I don't have health concerns either which I fully appreciate makes it easier to want to get back to some sense of normality. I completely understand there will need to be measures in place and I'll be honest, I don't know how things on public transport will work but I'm starting to think that we just have to get on with what is suggested as this isn't sustainable anymore.

Has there been any mention of nurseries? So much talk on schools but little to nothing on even younger kids and babies. My daughter was due to start nursery last week - we haven't even done settling in so that's another logistic to work out and another reason I want to know the plan so we can get organised.
I work in a nursery - can't see a possible way of enforcing social distancing within the setting. Staff - yes but children no. I just imagine we will return when school's reopen.

Reactions: 3
I completely agree in regards to possibility of no job to return to. I have been worrying so much about this so I have decided to take the plunge and return to education to improve my future career/job prospects.

I work in a nursery - can't see a possible way of enforcing social distancing within the setting. Staff - yes but children no. I just imagine we will return when school's reopen.
Good for you, definitely a good thing to use the time to start improving yourself. I've been furloughed and my husband is still working so we have cut back our spending and have been living on his salary since lockdown and saving mine so if I get told I am being made redundant and not going back it is less of a shock at least and we can still manage. Stressful though as I was just about to change jobs before this, had multiple interviews and had 4 interviews with one company but they all stopped recruiting in March when they anticipated a lockdown so finding something else will be difficult.

• Sad
I'm a special needs TA and my eldest has special needs, but jesus christ it's impossible to try and home school him. He has a clear line in his mind between school work and home, and the two crossing over is not happening. We are also south west and they go to an small rural school, but wont be going back until September at the earliest due to our baby being due next month. My husband works for a large DIY company and thankfully they are furloughing him until baby arrives so we arent put at risk. I wish could go back as soon as possible but it's not worth risking with a newborn. I was sent home the Tuesday before schools shut but not one bit of contact from my employer since then and tbh its starting to really irritate me how they havent contacted me at all.

Reactions: 3

Yeah there is no way my 10 month old will be socially distancing 🤣 clingy doesn't even begin to describe it - she's like a limpet, always got to have a hand on me. Just want to go back to work for a break to be honest 🤣

Whilst I am concerned about redundancy we've tried to plan as best as possible to ensure we have some contingency. I was considering leaving anyway after a year or so depending on how the balance of work, childcare etc was working. But the plan was then to set up as freelance which probably isn't as wise anymore! I feel very conflicted and go back and forth daily on it

Reactions: 1
I got emailed my daughter's school reports yesterday. We don't usually get those until the last week of the school year.

Reactions: 8
A significant proportion of people currently furloughed will not be going back to their job. It is crazy the amount of people who can't see this and just think they are on a holiday and calling for it to last for months past the end of June. I don't think they would be demanding their workplace shut for longer if they were getting less than 80% or knew they weren't going back into employment, both of which are likely soon.
I was thinking this! Majority of people calling for this lockdown to last and last for months will have thousands of pounds of savings or are able to do their jobs from home with no risk of losing them. If people could see the effects long term this virus wouldnt be as ‘scary’ as it is. I can almost guarantee that in a year or two people will be thinking of the massive exaggeration of fear that was done by media and propaganda in the media. Honestly when i look at it i see long term recession misery and poverty for a lot of people and a lot of people panicking so much about getting this virus will wish they never did because it really isnt as deadly as people think.

Reactions: 11
I am very worried, I work in the tourist sector and our company has survived a lot but I don’t think we can survive this unless airports and holidays pick up

• Sad
Not sure if this has been shared, also not sure of the source as was sent by a friend or friend. But useful if true!
C5FFBC84-79F7-48B8-946D-4086C5F4D2FA.jpeg

778C364A-BCA1-4042-8203-4C6517666C88.jpeg

58EE5E3E-DF18-48AF-93AC-CB9207A27CE3.jpeg

19904BB4-F3F3-45F1-803E-B63568F32220.jpeg

ADFD3FA9-4582-4401-A286-37D7FDE615CD.jpeg

I was thinking this! Majority of people calling for this lockdown to last and last for months will have thousands of pounds of savings or are able to do their jobs from home with no risk of losing them. If people could see the effects long term this virus wouldnt be as ‘scary’ as it is. I can almost guarantee that in a year or two people will be thinking of the massive exaggeration of fear that was done by media and propaganda in the media. Honestly when i look at it i see long term recession misery and poverty for a lot of people and a lot of people panicking so much about getting this virus will wish they never did because it really isnt as deadly as people think.
I actually think it is the opposite though, the majority of the people I see calling for the lockdown to last for ages are the people who don't have loads of savings! They just don't realise they won't be paid 80% of their salary to sit at home forever.

Not sure if this has been shared, also not sure of the source as was sent by a friend or friend. But useful if true!
View attachment 123426
View attachment 123428
View attachment 123429
View attachment 123431
View attachment 123432
Isn't this for Ireland though?

my guess is he’ll extend to June 1 at least. He’s had to do it in 3 week increments so people didn’t lose their minds
I'm hoping it's extended to June as we need a good few weeks of consistent lower deaths and cases

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.