Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please don't stress. We've been ordering Dominoes since the start of lockdown and eaten it straight from the box. We don't wipe down our groceries either. This would stress me out more. Just wash your hands and use hand sanitiser before and after eating.
Thank you so much. It’s so unlike him to worry, he is the one who deals with parcels and groceries. He wiles it all down yet last night he panicked about the food boxes and the kids eating takeaway. He’s not a worrier but I think this virus has caused him a lot of stress and last night it came out,

Even if the food did have it which is doubtful, the natural stomach acid would kill any virus so please don’t worry.
We’ve has pizza and eaten it from the box like we normally would and we’ve been fine so please don’t worry. Sadly lots of people have passed away from it but compared to the population it’s a very small percent.
Thank you so much, very reassuring x

Reactions: 1
It genuinely makes me sad people are so scared about a take away or shopping delivery.. I’m either very naive or blasé because I haven’t given it a second thought.
My kids will go back when schools open but I’m glad people will keep theirs off as the classrooms will be smaller! My kids are all under 10 and the virus is almost non existent in young kids, plus we live in Norfolk which has the lowest infection rate in the country

Reactions: 16
We're absolutely convinced a family member of mine had it in December. Had never seen anything like it, the worst flu imaginable, lasted weeks and weeks and exactly what Covid 19 is now known to be like 🤔 wouldn't be surprised.
My brother in law was ill in mid December. He had a cough and Dr diagnosed pneumonia. He’d never been that ill before. The Dr said it was the an odd virus and he wasn’t sure what it was. Bro-in-law was I’ll for weeks. Could have been CV but no one else in the family got ill, that makes me think it wasn’t.
I lost my taste and smell suddenly on 28th March for around 8 days. Again don’t know if I had it, only an antibody test will tell me. For a week or so before the smell-and taste went, I had headaches and back ache but I was anxious so could have been stress.
I’ve been off work for 6 weeks with anxiety. I’m due back 18th May, terrified. Do admin in GP surgery. Surely they will be kind to me? I’ll be wearing my own mask, I’ve got some N95s from local chemist, paid a lot but I use them a few times before disposing. I leave it in my car on the dashboard in the sun for 3 days before reusing, then clean the dashboard.
This cv pandemic has floored me, at one point I had dark thoughts but I’m eating healthy, doing yoga and taking Vit C, Zinc and Vit D everyday. I cut out sugar.

Reactions: 2
Is he sleeping on the sofa? Maybe it’s where he is sleeping that is irritating his asthma making him cough? Hope he’ll be ok.
No, he sleeping on the air bed in the living room. He’s still got a cough but he seems ok otherwise for the moment. Said he’d let me know if that changes

Reactions: 4
Thank you so much. It’s so unlike him to worry, he is the one who deals with parcels and groceries. He wiles it all down yet last night he panicked about the food boxes and the kids eating takeaway. He’s not a worrier but I think this virus has caused him a lot of stress and last night it came out,

Thank you so much, very reassuring x
We don’t clean groceries. We just wash hands before and after eating. I keep thinking the CV was out there before lockdown and I didn’t wash groceries then, when quite possibly it was really rife. Rule of thumb is wash hands before you eat and if there is any virus on packaging then you’ll have protected yourself by washing your hands. I have health anxiety to a degree and I am comfortable with this approach.

No, he sleeping on the air bed in the living room. He’s still got a cough but he seems ok otherwise for the moment. Said he’d let me know if that changes
Fingers crossed ❤ Did you get your test result?

Reactions: 6
Headteachers are warning schools are not safe to open in June...

Reactions: 11
He’d never been that ill before. The Dr said it was the an odd virus and he wasn’t sure what it was. Bro-in-law was I’ll for weeks. Could have been CV but no one else in the family got ill, that makes me think it wasn’t.
I had the same, couldn't shake it, early Nov and all through Dec last year. 4 of my colleagues too, we all went to the Dr multiple times as it was lasting so long. The cough was dry and wouldn't shift, on and off fever. I've never been so miserably ill. I remember us saying to each other how strange it was we just weren't feeling any better after weeks and weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
We don’t clean groceries. We just wash hands before and after eating. I keep thinking the CV was out there before lockdown and I didn’t wash groceries then, when quite possibly it was really rife. Rule of thumb is wash hands before you eat and if there is any virus on packaging then you’ll have protected yourself by washing your hands. I have health anxiety to a degree and I am comfortable with this approach.

Fingers crossed ❤ Did you get your test result?
I did. I got them on Thursday night, it was positive. I’ve been quarantined in my room to try to avoid passing it on.

Do you think we will get an extension this week but will plans to start easing restrictions at the end of that period?

Reactions: 4
We're absolutely convinced a family member of mine had it in December. Had never seen anything like it, the worst flu imaginable, lasted weeks and weeks and exactly what Covid 19 is now known to be like 🤔 wouldn't be surprised.
My friend died in January and his symptoms were exactly as covid. The only thing that has made me question is was the fact that he was a DJ and around a LOT of us in December (he was admitted on boxing day, died Jan 9th) and none of us got seriously ill...surely it would have been more contagious then? Although I did have a nasty cold as did all my colleagues.

My friend who had a business meeting with someone in January after the CES conference in Las Vegas (where he also met someone from wuhan) was so ill and is 100% convinced she had it.

• Sad
I had the same, couldn't shake it, early Nov and all through Dec last year. 4 of my colleagues too, we all went to the Dr multiple times as it was lasting so long. The cough was dry and wouldn't shift, on and off fever. I've never been so miserably ill. I remember us saying to each other how strange it was we just weren't feeling any better after weeks and weeks.
Some kind of flu like virus was rife here in Somerset in November. Several schools closed as so many pupils poorly, several kids at our school including my daughter ending up in out of hours with dry cough high temperature etc. Mine was ill for over 2 weeks, wouldn't eat, was so frail never seen her so ill. Makes me wonder if that's why the cases here are low, maybe it's already swept through here?

Reactions: 5
Some kind of flu like virus was rife here in Somerset in November. Several schools closed as so many pupils poorly, several kids at our school including my daughter ending up in out of hours with dry cough high temperature etc. Mine was ill for over 2 weeks, wouldn't eat, was so frail never seen her so ill. Makes me wonder if that's why the cases here are low, maybe it's already swept through here?
Yeah some schools closed here around the same time too.

I think it's been round for a lot longer than they thought judging by the number of cases and deaths worldwide !

I just need to say, I’m sick to the back teeth of this pandemic. And now on the news today they’re saying they are planning to ease off furlough. People do not seem to understand lock down is a temporary measure to ease the rate of the virus. It’s not to stop it in its track and eradicate it. This virus is around for the future we must learn to live with it.
What’s annoying me the most is I’m a busy single mum with still a full time job. And I just can’t carry on like this. Juggling with no child care. But a job to attend. Same for people who’ve been furloughed or self employed. People don’t seem to see that the greater good we need to go back to work sooner rather than later. People can’t live realistically like this for much longer. I’m sick of seeing posts on Facebook of people scaremongering and moaning about what might be. If the government send us back we’ve just got to get on with it. This pandemic will cause more issues than the deaths it already has.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I did. I got them on Thursday night, it was positive. I’ve been quarantined in my room to try to avoid passing it on.
Ahhh get well soon x I’m so terrified of getting it, do you have any words of wisdom that will help me? An odd question I know but I don’t know anyone who’s had it so no one to ask. ❤

I just need to say, I’m sick to the back teeth of this pandemic. And now on the news today they’re saying they are planning to ease off furlough. People do not seem to understand lock down is a temporary measure to ease the rate of the virus. It’s not to stop it in its track and eradicate it. This virus is around for the future we must learn to live with it.
What’s annoying me the most is I’m a busy single mum with still a full time job. And I just can’t carry on like this. Juggling with no child care. But a job to attend. Same for people who’ve been furloughed or self employed. People don’t seem to see that the greater good we need to go back to work sooner rather than later. People can’t live realistically like this for much longer. I’m sick of seeing posts on Facebook of people scaremongering and moaning about what might be. If the government send us back we’ve just got to get on with it. This pandemic will cause more issues than the deaths it already has.
I feel like this too. So genuinely sad of people too scared to even get a takeaway.

Reactions: 9
My eldests school closed in December for sick ess and flu like illness. But I don't think it was corona virus, but flu. We were having ladies poorly with flu Dec, I was ill Dec but I don't believe it was the rona.

I think people are aware of this but are worried how it will be "managed" going forward ! Don't forget they are still a lot of people in the vulnerable category that are concerned how they will "manage "and the government have not addressed this yet ! There needs to be clear guidance on a lot of issues yet it won't be as clear cut as everyone thinks ....

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.