Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the UK lot- are you going to send your children back to school when they open or, wait until you feel it’s safe? I am constantly thinking about this. I want my children safe. But I also want them seeing their friends. I am not a teacher...really trying, like everyone. What’s your thoughts?
I'll be sending mine when I feel it's safe to. Shes only in year one so not missing much. We are doing bits her teachers has sent her, as well as some additional work sheets I've found online.

Reactions: 3
Morning all. Long time reader but I wanted to be able to chat on this forum too 🙂 single mum - so popping to the shop is out of the question! - but also a teacher, so life is very different at the moment across all areas. I’m a biologist by trade so have been trying to focus on the scientific side of both the virus but the wider implications too. Looks likely that i contracted CV at the end of last term but was before wider testing so no confirmation until the antibody test is good to go (I was ill for 2 weeks)
Hope everyone is keeping well today 🙂

Reactions: 9
My husband started showing symptoms last night. I’m so worried about him and feel awful, he has asthma and although he’s sleeping downstairs, I kept hearing him coughing in the night. I can’t even get a hold of a test for him, I tried to self refer but they’re at full capacity for today already.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My husband started showing symptoms last night. I’m so worried about him and feel awful, he has asthma and although he’s sleeping downstairs, I kept hearing him coughing in the night. I can’t even get a hold of a test for him, I tried to self refer but they’re at full capacity for today already.
So sorry to hear that 😔 fingers crossed it stays mild and is able to get lots and lots of sleep. X x

Reactions: 5
For the UK lot- are you going to send your children back to school when they open or, wait until you feel it’s safe? I am constantly thinking about this. I want my children safe. But I also want them seeing their friends. I am not a teacher...really trying, like everyone. What’s your thoughts?
As a teacher, once schools open, my own children will have to go back to school so I can go back to work - I won’t have any other option 😔 ideally we want them to build immunity and the majority of kids suffer limited symptoms, as we know. It’s far more difficult for the adults around them. I honestly can’t imagine teaching in full PPE, madness

Mine will be going back, I imagine when schools go back so will nurseries so I'll have no choice really. But I think he needs to go back, if only for a little bit to get back into school life and see his friends otherwise I'm worried he'll really struggle with the adjustment in September.

We got the takeaways for the kids. Hubby dealt with the boxes etc And wiped all the surfaces down but then for the first time in 7 weeks of us isolating he felt really anxious and he’s usually so laid back. He has asthma and he said he usually feels in control wiping all the groceries when they come but he said this was boxes, kids waiting for their food and them picking boxes up he hadn’t yet put outside. So now he’s stressed incase he will catch it off the pizza boxes and chip paxkaging. He’s never said anything like this before but he said he felt so uneasy and unsafe handling it all without gloves on and impatient teensgers touching handles and plates before washing their hands made him worry more. It turned stressful and now I’m going to bed stressed out. Told my daughter don’t ask again as this didn’t need to be that stressful with you all around thr food like flies round tit before Dad had chance to remove it all from the packaging 😂 He’s had a shower but now he has me worrying about the da,n packaging and if he will be ok.

Jez, all that for the kids to have a pizza 😂
Please don't stress. We've been ordering Dominoes since the start of lockdown and eaten it straight from the box. We don't wipe down our groceries either. This would stress me out more. Just wash your hands and use hand sanitiser before and after eating.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That's not what he said, no mention of June, just ending it as soon as he could.
It's phase out at the end of June as they are expecting the majority of furlough workers back by then. 80% now, then 50% then 25% each for a month I think I read so it allows for businesses who will have lost custom and need to build back up or stagger opening so they can claim help for employees until a full wage can be provided

Reactions: 1
I'm unsure about the kids going back. We are lucky that the school is very small (50-60 pupils) and we are in the south west and there's not many cases. They miss their friends and routine but I'm just not sure at the moment.

Reactions: 2
We're absolutely convinced a family member of mine had it in December. Had never seen anything like it, the worst flu imaginable, lasted weeks and weeks and exactly what Covid 19 is now known to be like 🤔 wouldn't be surprised.
I’m also convinced that my boyfriend and his family had it in December. It spread through their house and all of them were so ill. I didn’t go to visit after they said how quickly they all caught it from each other but even once they were all over the worse the cough was awful for weeks. They said it was the worst “flu” they had ever ever had. Now we’re all pretty sure it was Covid.

Please don't stress. We've been ordering Dominoes since the start of lockdown and eaten it straight from the box. We don't wipe down our groceries either. This would stress me out more. Just wash your hands and use hand sanitiser before and after eating.
same here - haven’t been cleaning takeaways, and trying to support local business whenever possible

So sorry to hear that 😔 fingers crossed it stays mild and is able to get lots and lots of sleep. X x
He’s woke up and says he feels ok just now, so hopefully it isn’t that. I’ve never really known my husband to get sick in the 6 years that we’ve been together.

Reactions: 4
He’s woke up and says he feels ok just now, so hopefully it isn’t that. I’ve never really known my husband to get sick in the 6 years that we’ve been together.
It’s horrible isn’t it - you just don’t know whether you have it or not. Hopefully it was CV and he’s over the worst and now developing immunity x

does he still have his sense of smell? If so then it's probably not CV.

Fingers crossed he doesn't have it, and I hope you are feeling better today x

Reactions: 1
A few people I have spoken to think they had it back in December too and I think it was here, my neighbours daughter has asthma as was really poorly over Christmas and ended up in hospital. They think she had it, so would be interesting to know once the tests for antibodies are made for everyone.

Reactions: 4
does he still have his sense of smell?
He does, thank god. I’ve lost mine since testing positive though (I usually have the nose of a bloodhound). We have a toddler still in nappies who doesn’t yet tell us when he’s gone so it’s up to our noses to check him still.

Fingers crossed he doesn't have it, and I hope you are feeling better today x
Thanks. I’m feeling loads better than I was x

Last edited:
Is he sleeping on the sofa? Maybe it’s where he is sleeping that is irritating his asthma making him cough? Hope he’ll be ok.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.