Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husbands just come home from nearly 5 weeks away from me and the children. First he was working with Covid-19 patients, then he caught it and didn’t want to put the kids at risk. It’s really made him reevaluate his priorities. We were supposed to be moving to NYC in the coming few months I’m for him to start a new job. Now, he’s decided life is too short to be working the ungodly hours that he/we do and he’s decided to quit.

He said he has never felt so sick in his life and some of the things he’s seen he can’t unseen.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Love Elton but after seeing his performance on the NHS thing the other week I'm not too sure he's ok. He sounded terrible and sounded like he was singing dill danding instead of still standing. Even my husband asked what was wrong with him
"I'm till tanding".🤣🤣🤣🤣 My hubby is a music teacher and said that he did it so that the mic didn't pop... He's done it on other performances in the past too - sounded so odd though!!

My eldest has been driving me potty all night begging me to let her order a takeaway from our local pizza house. Apparently they’re wearing masks etc I still said no, I’ve not let my kids have a takeaway in 2 months now, and I used to treat them once a week to one. My eldest she works so she went more often as she’s such a fussy eater and only likes certain things.

Am I being OTT and cruel? I said you don’t know who made it, you don’t know if they have coronavirus, that concerns me.
We didn't have one for s few weeks but figured that NHS staff are accepting takeaway donations and the BBC article said just make sure you empty contents onto plates and dispose of packaging,.wash hands and eat... Stomach acid would kill any of the virus - enjoy 🍕🍕🍕

Reactions: 5
I want to give another update from Germany because I thought this was quite interesting today.
here, the federal states can make their own rules and the one I live in (in Northern Germany) has announced today that as of May 11 all shops will open again.
Also, restaurants are allowed to reopen. Bars, pubs and club will remain closed.
They are still keeping the rule that you cannot see more than one person outside of your household but have said that this may be lifted from May 18.
Seems a bit silly to basically allow all social life to go back to normal (with distance regulations etc) but not allow family and friends to see each other...

In other news, some may remember that I talked about being pregnant before. Well, I’m not anymore and gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby boy last Sunday. Apart from everyone wearing masks in the hospital, it didn’t feel as if anything was going on outside and to be honest that was lovely. Felt like I lived in a bubble. Birth was rough and ended in a c section with full anaesthesia so neither me nor my boyfriend could welcome the little guy immediately. Still struggling with that a little bit. Other than that, all is well (apart from slight anxiety once night is approaching...)
Some of you had asked me to report on the birth so there :)

It has really taken my mind off the pandemic and I’m grateful for that.
Congratulations on the birth of your son

• Heart
Reactions: 4
you don’t retire anymore,
When you stop working you start doing laps of a garden or small park.
Or sentry duty outside BJ mistresses houses ...Maybe that's what Tom's doing :oops: and with him attached to a bluetooth app Boris will know how long a lunch break he's having or even a sneaky smoke break😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Sorry I don't biebe it. I don't see how they'd know?

Colleagues at my school claimed that their friends who are SLT in other schools nearby were given a 'heads up that we'd shut 2 weeks before Easter'. Schools shut 3 weeks before so it turned out to be a load of I know Susan's friends sisters wife's cousins twin Anglea and she told me....
It's a difficult one. As you say, there is so much so and so told Bob who told Mabel etc but with special needs schools the staff to pupil ratio needed is much higher so it could be feasible that they won't be able to go back, even if mainstream schools do.

Reactions: 2
It's a difficult one. As you say, there is so much so and so told Bob who told Mabel etc but with special needs schools the staff to pupil ratio needed is much higher so it could be feasible that they won't be able to go back, even if mainstream schools do.
Totally agree. Didn't somebody say that a special.needs school WAS opening and they'd be told.June though? That's what I don't believe... I do t believe that any school or head know seen they'll be opening X

Reactions: 3
Yes and so did I. He said he had to order £20+ to get delivery. Didnt want to waste it 😬
We got the takeaways for the kids. Hubby dealt with the boxes etc And wiped all the surfaces down but then for the first time in 7 weeks of us isolating he felt really anxious and he’s usually so laid back. He has asthma and he said he usually feels in control wiping all the groceries when they come but he said this was boxes, kids waiting for their food and them picking boxes up he hadn’t yet put outside. So now he’s stressed incase he will catch it off the pizza boxes and chip paxkaging. He’s never said anything like this before but he said he felt so uneasy and unsafe handling it all without gloves on and impatient teensgers touching handles and plates before washing their hands made him worry more. It turned stressful and now I’m going to bed stressed out. Told my daughter don’t ask again as this didn’t need to be that stressful with you all around thr food like flies round tit before Dad had chance to remove it all from the packaging 😂 He’s had a shower but now he has me worrying about the da,n packaging and if he will be ok.

Jez, all that for the kids to have a pizza 😂

• Sad
  • Haha
Totally agree. Didn't somebody say that a special.needs school WAS opening and they'd be told.June though? That's what I don't believe... I do t believe that any school or head know seen they'll be opening X
I spoke to two of my children's teachers today and neither of them had a clue about when they were opening. I don't think they were hiding anything either.
I almost find talking to them like catching up with an old friend. It's the comforting familiarity I suppose.

We got the takeaways for the kids. Hubby dealt with the boxes etc And wiped all the surfaces down but then for the first time in 7 weeks of us isolating he felt really anxious and he’s usually so laid back. He has asthma and he said he usually feels in control wiping all the groceries when they come but he said this was boxes, kids waiting for their food and them picking boxes up he hadn’t yet put outside. So now he’s stressed incase he will catch it off the pizza boxes and chip paxkaging. He’s never said anything like this before but he said he felt so uneasy and unsafe handling it all without gloves on and impatient teensgers touching handles and plates before washing their hands made him worry more. It turned stressful and now I’m going to bed stressed out. Told my daughter don’t ask again as this didn’t need to be that stressful with you all around thr food like flies round tit before Dad had chance to remove it all from the packaging 😂 He’s had a shower but now he has me worrying about the da,n packaging and if he will be ok.

Just remember even if somebody with covid did touch the packaging... You wouldn't catch it from them touching it...they'd have to have coughed on their hand then touched it..... It's like covid just pours out of your body like sweat - if you get me?.

I spoke to two of my children's teachers today and neither of them had a clue about when they were opening. I don't think they were hiding anything either.
I almost find talking to them like catching up with an old friend. It's the comforting familiarity I suppose.
I'm the same at my LGs nursery. Love the staff.and we have a good little chat too

Aww he will be fine but the kids needs to be more respectful of dad. Maybe have a nice word with them tomorrow? Your hubby must be feeling under so much pressure. He sounds like he is ‘the head of the house’ and he will be worrying what will happen to his family if something happened to him.
give him a big hug and just explain this to your hunger teenagers lol. Everything will be fine don’t worry 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 8
our kids school said from the beginning they don’t beleive they’ll re open until September, they sent a message out saying theyd arrange a leavers day for the year 6’s near Christmas.. think they’re a bit more realistic and know that a lot of their teachers are in the vulnerable category and won’t have enough teachers to re open the school, but who knows

Aww he will be fine but the kids needs to be more respectful of dad. Maybe have a nice word with them tomorrow? Your hubby must be feeling under so much pressure. He sounds like he is ‘the head of the house’ and he will be worrying what will happen to his family if something happened to him.
give him a big hug and just explain this to your hunger teenagers lol. Everything will be fine don’t worry 😉
Thank you. He is a good man. I have health conditions so he has to do all the wiping down of food deliveries and parcels, with it being so time consuming. He works from home at thr moment all day and then helps me around the house. The children are susually respectful but got over excited tonight and they didn’t respect he was trying to keep us all safe and dispose of packaging and wipe things down before they entered the kitchen, pesky teenagers! My kids see us being so clean as being OTT, it drives me mad. I shall be speaking to them tomorrow and explaining why their dad felt stressed out, he was trying to keep them safe by unboxing without them around. I’ve told them no takeaways again lol.

He never worries, he’s so laid back but he said suddenly tonight he felt exposed by not wearing any gloves and handing the pizza boxes etc he said I have asthma, this virus is killing people... I said jeez it’s been 2 months and now you say this and worry me at this time of night 😂 He has a military operation with parcels or food deliveries but he’s not used to takeaways and freaked out Because usually he wears gloves and opens packages in thr garden and recycles and wipes things down outside so tonight he felt unsafe handling the packaging without gloves, indoors, So unlike him and now he’s worried me lol. I’d be lost without him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you. He is a good man. I have health conditions so he has to do all the wiping down of food deliveries and parcels, with it being so time consuming. He works from home at thr moment all day and then helps me around the house. The children are susually respectful but got over excited tonight and they didn’t respect he was trying to keep us all safe and dispose of packaging and wipe things down before they entered the kitchen, pesky teenagers! My kids see us being so clean as being OTT, it drives me mad. I shall be speaking to them tomorrow and explaining why their dad felt stressed out, he was trying to keep them safe by unboxing without them around. I’ve told them no takeaways again lol.

He never worries, he’s so laid back but he said suddenly tonight he felt exposed by not wearing any gloves and handing the pizza boxes etc he said I have asthma, this virus is killing people... I said jeez it’s been 2 months and now you say this and worry me at this time of night 😂 He has a military operation with parcels or food deliveries but he’s not used to takeaways and freaked out Because usually he wears gloves and opens packages in thr garden and recycles and wipes things down oupside so tonight he felt unsafe handling the packaging without gloves, indoors, So unlike him and now he’s worried me lol. I’d be lost without him.
aww bless him he does sound like a lovely man.he might have been reading something bad today that’s stuck in his mind and maybe made it worse. Please tell him not to worry. Might be a good idea to show him this then he has a better perspective. This is currently the numbers for the world 🌍But he will be fine. He isn’t going to catch it trust me 😁

Attachments

• Heart
Just remember even if somebody with covid did touch the packaging... You wouldn't catch it from them touching it...they'd have to have coughed on their hand then touched it..... It's like covid just pours out of your body like sweat - if you get me?.

I'm the same at my LGs nursery. Love the staff.and we have a good little chat too
Thank you. Reassuring 😊

aww bless him he does sound like a lovely man.he might have been reading something bad today that’s stuck in his mind and maybe made it worse. Please tell him not to worry. Might be a good idea to show him this then he has a better perspective. This is currently the numbers for the world 🌍But he will be fine. He isn’t going to catch it trust me 😁
Thank you so much Phil. Reassuring.

It's so unlike him. He said he flipped with worry in his mind because it was food, he worried the kids would maybe get if off the food if he wasn’t extra careful handling It or he would get it off the packaging touching it with his bare hands. He really did worry and he’s usually such a strong man but his Victor Meldrew really did come out and I’ve had to chill his over worried mind out, I’m the one with an anxiety disorder not him 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3

If I’ve understood this right, it means in the UK, we have had over 10% of the total deaths worldwide? That’s crazy? x

Attachments

• Wow
Thank you. Reassuring 😊

Thank you so much Phil. Reassuring.

It's so unlike him. He said he flipped with worry in his mind because it was food, he worried the kids would maybe get if off the food if he wasn’t extra careful handling It or he would get it off the packaging touching it with his bare hands. He really did worry and he’s usually such a strong man but his Victor Meldrew really did come out and I’ve had to chill his over worried mind out, I’m the one with an anxiety disorder not him 😂
Even if the food did have it which is doubtful, the natural stomach acid would kill any virus so please don’t worry.
We’ve has pizza and eaten it from the box like we normally would and we’ve been fine so please don’t worry. Sadly lots of people have passed away from it but compared to the population it’s a very small percent.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For the UK lot- are you going to send your children back to school when they open or, wait until you feel it’s safe? I am constantly thinking about this. I want my children safe. But I also want them seeing their friends. I am not a teacher...really trying, like everyone. What’s your thoughts?

Reactions: 1
For the UK lot- are you going to send your children back to school when they open or, wait until you feel it’s safe? I am constantly thinking about this. I want my children safe. But I also want them seeing their friends. I am not a teacher...really trying, like everyone. What’s your thoughts?
Absolutely, as soon as they open. It could be months and months before things are considered completely safe.

Reactions: 2

Sending mine back soon as school re opens, cant live in constant fear. What even is ‘safe’ everyone will have a different idea of safe. It wasnt 100% safe even before the pandemic 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.