Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had countless takeaways since lockdown. Im sticking to guidelines but I refuse to worry about absolutely everything and it literally control my life. I’d risk it for a biscuit (quite literally).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I don't mind his singing it's him I don't like ! Too far up his own arse and too much self importance to care 😒
Yes he comes over as being a right twit. However back in the day a friend of a friend went out with him before he was with David Furnish and said he was a nice guy.So he might be better for knowing.I dont know.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
We had our first takeaway in 7 weeks the other night because everyone was badgering for one. We had Chinese, delivered to thr front door. I poured everything out of the packets, threw all packaging away, washing my hands etc. All food was reheated until it was boiling hot. Prawn crackers went in the bin.
Weve not had one since before lock down. More because I'm trying to lose some pounds. Had an early night last week. My partner was playing on his xbox 🙄. Anyway about half 11 something woke me up. He had ordered a kebab, pizza, burger and chips 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My eldest has been driving me potty all night begging me to let her order a takeaway from our local pizza house. Apparently they’re wearing masks etc I still said no, I’ve not let my kids have a takeaway in 2 months now, and I used to treat them once a week to one. My eldest she works so she went more often as she’s such a fussy eater and only likes certain things.

Am I being OTT and cruel? I said you don’t know who made it, you don’t know if they have coronavirus, that concerns me.
Sky news asked a scientist and he said he was still ordering takeaways 🤣 we’ve had a couple.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Same! Saying that is just the truth I suppose, he's saying there'll be no sudden stop to it.
20% of all working adults in the uk are furloughed right now. I knew there would be a lot but that is a crazy number. Is it any wonder they are looking for an end date after getting the first months bill! And I said this as someone who is on furlough right now. There is no way it’s sustainable for more that 6 months.

Reactions: 8
Oh here we go, typical Tory backtracking!! Sunak saying furlough is costing too much. Funny how Bungle comes back to work and the backtracking begins!
I can see both sides. It was always going to be expensive, but I think that they underestimated how many companies and associated workers were going to use it.

That being said, it isn’t the Government that is funding this scheme when you think about it. It’s the British taxpayer. The taxpayer pays 100% of public sector wages and according to a news report I saw it is costing £500 million a week to keep just teachers safe at home. I only make it fair that the private sector get to take something back after all the time spent paying in to the system.

Reactions: 1
Weve not had one since before lock down. More because I'm trying to lose some pounds. Had an early night last week. My partner was playing on his xbox 🙄. Anyway about half 11 something woke me up. He had ordered a kebab, pizza, burger and chips 😂.
Hahahahaha, he caved.

More chance of getting abducted by an alien than getting c,v from a takeaway.
You’ve just made my daughters life 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve had countless takeaways since lockdown. Im sticking to guidelines but I refuse to worry about absolutely everything and it literally control my life. I’d risk it for a biscuit (quite literally).
It's times like this where I wished I like Chinese, I always feel left out when people say, "ooh let's get a takeaway" because I don't like Chinese and I feel like I'm missing out 😂

I know takeaways aren't just Chinese but Im not a fan of takeaway pizzas and curries always arrive warm and I like my food quite hot

• Haha
Reactions: 2
If you want a laugh look up old Boris on Wikipedia 😂😂. Bad reputation for not turning up for meetings, always late, giving his staff stuff to do right at the last minute and expecting them to stay behind to do it when it was his fault🙄. And this....

Screenshot_20200504-205544_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 4
I can see both sides. It was always going to be expensive, but I think that they underestimated how many companies and associated workers were going to use it.

That being said, it isn’t the Government that is funding this scheme when you think about it. It’s the British taxpayer. The taxpayer pays 100% of public sector wages and according to a news report I saw it is costing £500 million a week to keep just teachers safe at home. I only make it fair that the private sector get to take something back after all the time spent paying in to the system.

Teachers are working.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Off topic but not really,

do you guys have pop up libraries?
we have 3 around here now, randomly a coffee station set up today.....

And an outdoor bingo night last night 😆

what is this friendly fuckery 🤣
And who wants free instant coffee from strangers in a van 🤣

don’t we tell kids only to take sweets from strangers, not bleeping caffeine 😏
‘ Come to my van cute doggie with glasses, for free coffee
bleeping SIX FEET AND NOTHING LESS JACKASS...”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m far from a Tory but how is it backtracking to say furlough is costing too much? It was only ever meant to be temporary, surely everyone acknowledges that?
Because he says he wants to end furlough as soon as possible, yet a couple of weeks ago he'd extended it to the end of June.

you know they were deep fried don’t you. Bless you I understand but ohhhh it’s been a long time 😂
Yeah I know, but I didn't put them in the bag. I know rationally it's not a risk but I struggle so much with the irrational voice that tells me everything is contaminated. I love prawn crackers too and had to tell my 4 year old we didn't get sent any (saying that I normally tell them that so I can eat them all) 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.