Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so confused... concerts, theatre shows and festivals are being rearranged for next year yet *apparently*, lockdown is going to be eased very soon and schools, shops etc will open again in June. I feel dizzy from all the mixed messages in the media šŸ˜µ.
we've got to come out of lockdown soonish ... But it's likely we may have to then lockdown again this year as infections are bound to rise for example during winter.....

Reactions: 1
I don't think the NHS app will be very effective. One reason is that retail workers for example, are not allowed to carry their phones around with them whilst at work. Even if they are, the signal can be terrible in a lot of shops. So if they come into contact with a customer who has the virus, the app won't detect it! I'm sure there are many other workplaces that will have this issue.
Many forms of public transport like trains and planes also have no signal.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it feels like its
There is a certain amount of risk management involved, going to work and buying things that you need to live your life are pretty much essential even though there is a risk at work or out in public. However thousands of people at a festival or packed close together in a theatre is purely for entertainment and therefore the risk isnā€™t necessary or worth it.
I can't quote all of you that quoted me but the school is closed till September.
Which school?

So some people think theyā€™re going on a plane next month and others donā€™t want their kid to go to school. Weā€™re all so confused arenā€™t we, Iā€™m avoiding going outdoors but would very much like some signs of normality. I think it needs to be very carefully brought up with us to get used to things again without fear.
People fear in different ways and with different fears. Until a reliable vaccine is found there are going to be people still wanting to isolate and people wanting to be at a concert with 10,000 other people.

It's only the government's job to make the majority of the population safe and to protect the NHS, not how individuals react to their fears.

Reactions: 6
The NHS App uses blue tooth not internet data šŸ˜Š so it won't matter if you don't have internet.

Reactions: 5
I want to give another update from Germany because I thought this was quite interesting today.
here, the federal states can make their own rules and the one I live in (in Northern Germany) has announced today that as of May 11 all shops will open again.
Also, restaurants are allowed to reopen. Bars, pubs and club will remain closed.
They are still keeping the rule that you cannot see more than one person outside of your household but have said that this may be lifted from May 18.
Seems a bit silly to basically allow all social life to go back to normal (with distance regulations etc) but not allow family and friends to see each other...

In other news, some may remember that I talked about being pregnant before. Well, Iā€™m not anymore and gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby boy last Sunday. Apart from everyone wearing masks in the hospital, it didnā€™t feel as if anything was going on outside and to be honest that was lovely. Felt like I lived in a bubble. Birth was rough and ended in a c section with full anaesthesia so neither me nor my boyfriend could welcome the little guy immediately. Still struggling with that a little bit. Other than that, all is well (apart from slight anxiety once night is approaching...)
Some of you had asked me to report on the birth so there :)

It has really taken my mind off the pandemic and Iā€™m grateful for that.
Many, many congratulations xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
he better bloody rearrange and not cancel šŸ˜­
oh I definitely donā€™t think heā€™d cancel these shows seeing as itā€™s his last tour. Probably be rearranged though so itā€™ll be a longer wait than itā€™s already been

Reactions: 1
So my brother's just been tested,, he's only lost his sense of smell but he works in AnE so they sent him, he lives with my parents and they both think they can go about as normal while they wait for his test results!

Felt like I was talking to a child telling my mum not leave the house till they know.
If hes positive they can get tested as well but untill they know they need to stay put.

Feel like going round and letting thier tires down tbh.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Although itā€™s each to there own on going on holiday and people have paid a lot of money to go I just canā€™t help but think how silly it is to sit on a plane where the airs been circulated.. like Iā€™m terrified of sending my kids back to school I couldnā€™t think of anything worse then been sat on a plane just for some sunshine! I feel like itā€™s never going to go away because people are constantly moaning at the government because they ā€˜needā€™ a hair cut or they ā€˜needā€™ to go to the pub, itā€™s going to drag on for so long & I miss my family so bloody much!
I also wouldn't want to go away in case I was asymptomatic and then got sick while abroad in a foreign country.

Reactions: 7
For everyone that needs this right now...

heā€™s still standing.
But he might need to sit down for a few months. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it feels like its

Which school?

It's a special needs school in the South east.it's not official yet till the meetings go ahead this wednesday. They have only heard through emails so

Reactions: 2
The NHS App uses blue tooth not internet data šŸ˜Š so it won't matter if you don't have internet.
What if you can't afford a mobile device !plenty of people are on UC they'll no doubt have other plans for their money instead of phone's

What if you can't afford a mobile device !plenty of people are on UC they'll no doubt have other plans for their money instead of phone's
The app only needs a certain percentage of people to have it for it to work, it doesnā€™t need to be everyone.

For everyone that needs this right now...

heā€™s still standing.
But he might need to sit down for a few months. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Love Elton but after seeing his performance on the NHS thing the other week I'm not too sure he's ok. He sounded terrible and sounded like he was singing dill danding instead of still standing. Even my husband asked what was wrong with him

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't think the NHS app will be very effective. One reason is that retail workers for example, are not allowed to carry their phones around with them whilst at work. Even if they are, the signal can be terrible in a lot of shops. So if they come into contact with a customer who has the virus, the app won't detect it! I'm sure there are many other workplaces that will have this issue.
Many forms of public transport like trains and planes also have no signal.
My work place is like that for singal. Basically like a metal box that blocks signal. It's a new building. Im assuming alot of other new building are the same.

Love Elton but after seeing his performance on the NHS thing the other week I'm not too sure he's ok. He sounded terrible and sounded like he was singing dill danding instead of still standing. Even my husband asked what was wrong with him
Must be all his partying catching up with him ! or he run out of poligrip :LOL:

The app only needs a certain percentage of people to have it for it to work, it doesnā€™t need to be everyone.
Practically the whole country's on UC so the percentage wouldn't be good ..more so now a lot of businesses won't be opening again..

• Haha
Poor Elton, he is 73 though isnā€™t he and heā€™s led a controversial old life. Letā€™s hope heā€™s ok, heā€™s got a young family to look after.

Also- is it me or when supermarkets and things have the social distancing markers on the floor- theyā€™re nowhere near 2m are they? I mean imagine Peter Crouch lying down youā€™d be stood on his knee
Or they have the markers but no one way system so people are just passing each other up close. And shop staff walking right by you here too.

the beckhams were on right before him so I was probably still muttering
ā€œoh duck off Vicki...and he totally shagged Rebecca Looā€™s Hunā€ šŸ™„

Poor Elton, he is 73 though isnā€™t he and heā€™s led a controversial old life. Letā€™s hope heā€™s ok, heā€™s got a young family to look after.
and thatā€™s just his husband...

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.