Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Considering it is more common in children from northeast Asia, especially Japan and Korea we may start to hear of some cases now? Also the highest cases are in Japan so no wonder the UK experts are saying it is vary rare in UK.

I really hope so. I've not long got my leukemia diagnosis and I need my mum like never before. I've got my husband who is amazing but still feel so alone
I hope so too. Next time you have an appointment, ask the medical staff about it and if it will be possible to see your Mum?

Reactions: 4
I really hope so. I've not long got my leukemia diagnosis and I need my mum like never before. I've got my husband who is amazing but still feel so alone
Sometimes we just need our mums, it doesn't matter what age we are or what's going on. I'm sending my love x

Reactions: 10
I thought parts of furlough beyond employer's control.

My other half works commission based job low basic.
He's getting 80% basic 21k not much just over 1k net.
But they also paying 80% average commision which normally makes up half of his monthly salary.
Not sure they using last year figure or average of last 3 years as he's been there a while.
His company said this month they will then make up the 20% difference for April but even then it's few hundred lost as there's cap to furlough scheme but we so greatful it's not just 80% basic.
Only area managers and management are working. No stores currently open non essential retail.

It's not dramatic at all. I just want a big cuddle from my mum
My mum lives in northern Ireland I am England I think that what makes lockdown easier for me as I don't see my mum very often anyway so only seeing her on what's app chat is normal for me. I do talk to her everyday though.

Reactions: 1
I've already asked the question and was told it was a no until my shielding is over

Reactions: 3
Was wondering when the journalist asked about quarantine for people arriving internationally - who is travelling just now ? I am aware there are a few flights taking place bit who is on these and where are they going ??

I've already asked the question and was told it was a no until my shielding is over
How awful for you. Have you been told when your treatment will start as they've just announced they're going to start cancer treatment again depending if you live in an area with a low rate of cases?

Was wondering when the journalist asked about quarantine for people arriving internationally - who is travelling just now ? I am aware there are a few flights taking place bit who is on these and where are they going ??
There are still some UK residents stuck abroad so presumably them?

Our neighbours have freinds who live opposite both shared houses.
They always over one another's houses.
They mostly every day have bbq.
One of people opposite is pregnant as they had a baby reveal party past week.
Husband turned into a nosy neighbour as having fag at front.
Other neighbours talk from garden gate or cars with window wound down.

I've already started treatment. I was initially going to receive IV chemotherapy but am now having tablet form so I don't have to go to the hospital as often

Nope. Apart from my initial letter saying I had to shield I've heard nothing. Nor has my neighbour (we talk over the fence when he's well enough)

The question was could she hug her grandchildren. I presumed she meant young children who he then said were probably carriers.

I'm sure you will be able to hug your parents?
I think it’s anyone hugging vulnerable adults as anyone could be a carrier as some are postive with no symptoms

Feeling very down lately. The virus/lockdown is taking its toll on my mental health. I keep randomly bursting into tears today, and it isn’t taking much for my temper to flare it seems. I’ve had a rough few nights at work, and witnessing firsthand people succumbing to the virus is just awful. I feel like banging my neighbours’ heads together - they have people in and out constantly and were outside having garden parties all weekend like it was the summer holidays.

My sons don’t understand why I won’t let them out to play with their young daughter and her cousins when they’re in the garden. I feel horrible for them. I’m not feeling well today and my mind is in overdrive thinking I’ve caught the virus. Husband and I are butting heads every day, I also miss my family and want to see them so badly. My head hurts and I still feel like I’m wearing my “riot gear” as I call it, even on my days off.

I know, everyone is feeling much the same, I just had to let it out somewhere that won’t cause an argument.

Reactions: 22
Don’t know if any of you remember me saying my mum has been in hospital for the past two months. Well they are discharging her next Monday she can come home

Reactions: 50
Don’t know if any of you remember me saying my mum has been in hospital for the past two months. Well they are discharging her next Monday she can come home
Wow has it been that long already?
Thats such brilliant news.
Can only imagine how relieved you feel.
What lovely news to start your week with!

Reactions: 9
I know I'm late but its been a rough morning. I physically couldn't leave my bed today until 5pm, I had absolutely no will for it. Luckily I found a book to read on iBooks about self motivation and getting on with it that gave me the big push to get up. Feel a lot better now that I've showered and put some make up on to make myself feel better!

Going back to Boris, I wish he would do something about his hair! Its so messy all the time, its nice when its cut short like in his Twitter picture! Why does no one ever comment on this?!

Reactions: 14
Imagine if he looks like hes had a hair cut! Everyone would be moaning that he can get his cut but they cant!!

Reactions: 11
Sorry you've had such a rough day, a bit of slap always helps me. Re Boris' hair - the best comment I have ever read on this site was that Boris looks like he's brushed his hair with a toffee apple I wish I could take credit for it, it's one of the funniest things I've heard in ages!

Reactions: 22
He looks like my 2 year old did yesterday after rubbing slime into his hair.

Reactions: 8
I think a lot of us are feeling down and miserable. well done on putting some slap on! I think I’ll put some make up on tomorrow. It’s funny how a bit it make up can really pep you for the day!

Reactions: 6
I actually love Tattle. It cheers me up to no end, think the toffee apple comment is the first I’ve laughed all day.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.