Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they're cold, why have the propaganda briefing session outdoors in the Rose Garden?

Reactions: 5
No matter what question you ask I am going to fit in the democrats are useless in the answer today!
A race between that and ventilators ..And now he's getting mad I can feel spit 🐳🤪

The Trump hour meal Deal includes :🌭🍔🍟🍕🌮🍿...Drinks:🍺🍵🥤🍷🥃🍸🍹...Vegatarian :🥒🥬🥦🍳..💲5.99 (cash only no cards ) all with a side helping of 🐂:poop:..:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
So people with ADHD are prescribed a form of amphetamine, ritalin because my brother was on that years ago and it calms them, but someone without ADHD takes amphetamines and they jabber a load of 💩 and can't kep still! my mind is 🤯
Yep.
Just to add my tuppence in...
ADHD - in the UK anyway, and in the case of my eldest Equasym XL and Strattera (Atemoxitine) as well as Risperidone for my eldest because of violent meltdowns and because I prefer my walls whole but whatevs 😬

One of my others is just on Equasym XL atm. Also the wall issue...

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Literally the stupidity and just plain selfishness of some people is really getting to me now.

Neighbour 1: has had all of her family round grandkids in and out

Neighbour 2: is a nurse however got signed off at beginning of all this for anxiety because she was worried about catching it and giving it to her little one which I completely understood, fully backing her on. But she’s gone from feeling like that to completely ignoring the rules. Out all day everyday going to family members homes, having people round one of the visitors works in the same hospital with her on a Covid ward... coming to the house for hours at a time a few times a week. And today was the final straw dropped her kids to her sisters house (she’s their childcare) and has a random bloke in her house all day and he was then picked up by a car full of mates at 6pm.

We have a low fence either side of the back garden.. where her children and her regularly lean over. It’s a small garden the social distancing rule is becoming even harder to follow in MY own back garden... I’m in between 2 neighbours in a small garden constantly leaning over into my garden talking to each other. To be 2m away from one neighbour I’m practically standing in my other neighbours garden if that makes sense.

I have 2 small children 8 and 4... the youngest has special needs. I don’t want to keep them locked in the house when they have a garden full of toys that should be safe to play in.

I’ve kept to every part of this rule. But I’m now seriously considering packing up everything and going to live with my sister until this is over as I don’t know what’s more unsafe.

Literally have no idea what to do for the best?

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
N
Yep.
Just to add my tuppence in...
ADHD - in the UK anyway, and in the case of my eldest Equasym XL and Strattera (Atemoxitine) as well as Risperidone for my eldest because of violent meltdowns and because I prefer my walls whole but whatevs 😬

One of my others is just on Equasym XL atm. Also the wall issue...
I have to follow this up with that the medication changed our lives. In both cases. My eldest has struggled all his life, even on medication but he seems to be doing well now. The younger one... before all this lockdown stuff, he wasn't coping with school at all, was on the brink of being expelled once medicated he managed two weeks of being in class and learning (he was not accessing the curriculum at all before). So home school seems ok ish.

Sorry, I've lost my train of thought. Feel free to move this post if you need to.

Reactions: 4
You know pandemic has changed you when you're more excited about getting a food delivery home shopping slot than you are about what school your child got into 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I used coconut oil on mine last night and its the first time I have felt any relief. They were actually throbbing before the skin split open on my knuckles and bled every time I closed my hand.
I had been using lidl sos cream which was brilliant and then it stopped helping.
I use coconut oil for almost everything. Moisturiser, aftersun, on burns etc. Also O'Keeffe's hand cream which acts as a barrier cream x

Reactions: 4
Literally the stupidity and just plain selfishness of some people is really getting to me now.

Neighbour 2: is a nurse however got signed off at beginning of all this for anxiety because she was worried about catching it and giving it to her little one which I completely understood, fully backing her on. But she’s gone from feeling like that to completely ignoring the rules. Out all day everyday going to family members homes, having people round one of the visitors works in the same hospital with her on a Covid ward... coming to the house for hours at a time a few times a week. And today was the final straw dropped her kids to her sisters house (she’s their childcare) and has a random bloke in her house all day and he was then picked up by a car full of mates at 6pm.

We have a low fence either side of the back garden.. where her children and her regularly lean over. It’s a small garden the social distancing rule is becoming even harder to follow in MY own back garden... I’m in between 2 neighbours in a small garden constantly leaning over into my garden talking to each other. To be 2m away from one neighbour I’m practically standing in my other neighbours garden if that makes sense.

I have 2 small children 8 and 4... the youngest has special needs. I don’t want to keep them locked in the house when they have a garden full of toys that should be safe to play in.

I’ve kept to every part of this rule. But I’m now seriously considering packing up everything and going to live with my sister until this is over as I don’t know what’s more unsafe.

Sounds like you need one of those sprinkler watering devices with a nice wide range.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know this is all sunshine and rainbows outlook on life but I don't think money should have ever got such a hold on us that we would have to choose it over life. Wish we could just reset and do something else.
I’ve thought this for the longest time. I get looked at like I have two heads if I say it in real life but it’s true. It’s not like we can really change it now and yes it may be a bit sunshine and rainbows mentality, but money sucks.
Hahahaha. So KellyAnne Conway that works for Trump was going off about the WHO today and said "it's covid 19, not covid 1. They should know how to handle it."

Always thought she was a stupid bint but that is hysterical. 19 is for the year 2019 but she thought it was the 19th covid.

To be fair my partner and I thought the same but we are not professionals advising the masses so I think we can be forgiven🤣
Money and power gets you anything ;)
And a big dose of it’s not what you know it’s who you know. You can get adderall here if you know people.

Reactions: 7
So people with ADHD are prescribed a form of amphetamine, ritalin because my brother was on that years ago and it calms them, but someone without ADHD takes amphetamines and they jabber a load of 💩 and can't kep still! my mind is 🤯
My son tajes medikinet XL on schooldays for his adhd. It’s actually a stimulant oddly enough but it stimulates the part of the brain that doesn’t work as well in people with adhd which makes sense as to why it makes people talk incessantly if they don’t have adhd because it’s stimulating something that’s already functioning.

ETA: I realise that’s a long sentence with no punctuation. The only thing powering me is lack of sleep 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Report them both for a start ASAP

Reactions: 9
Oh I’m so happy I woke up and checked Toms page - over 12m!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can’t understand why journalists and people are questioning an extension of the lockdown. I can’t believe people genuinely thought three weeks and that’s it. Surely you just look at other countries to see that they’ve extended! I think we have it pretty tame compared to some as well!!!

Reactions: 21
Well I've seen people suggesting clapping for kids? Would rather clap for Boris than kids who are basically having a long summer holiday staying safe and getting to spend time with their families

I dont think they have a set date - that's why they can't say - If they say 3 months and then it's longer it'll be chaos - they can only plan it by seeing how it plays out I guess
I don’t get the whole clapping thing anyway but this is definitely NOT like an extended summer holiday....it’s so hard for kids, no social contact, no routine, no structure, parents are dealing with stresses of juggling work and kids with no support which makes everyone cranky.

It might sound great but for kids who are used to being out and about, seeing friends/family, it’s absolutely not x

Reactions: 13
Woken up to the news that my hubby is coming home tomorrow!
Haven't seen him for over a month.
Never been so excited.
❤

• Heart
Reactions: 39
You know pandemic has changed you when you're more excited about getting a food delivery home shopping slot than you are about what school your child got into 😬
Yes! If I get a food delivery slot I’m buzzing 😂😂 Got an Asda one for next Saturday when I checked this morning. Woohoo!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t get the whole clapping thing anyway but this is definitely NOT like an extended summer holiday....it’s so hard for kids, no social contact, no routine, no structure, parents are dealing with stresses of juggling work and kids with no support which makes everyone cranky.

It might sound great but for kids who are used to being out and about, seeing friends/family, it’s absolutely not x
I agree. I don't think they need a clap ! But this is not like the school holidays at all. You can't even take the kids to the park or swimming. Luckily we have a nice house full of toys and a garden so I am trying hard to keep them amused but they are missing their grandparents and family. Missing getting to play with their friends the same age, missing doing their sports clubs. When we go out for a walk I am having to remind them to stay back from people all the time which must be a bit unsettling. Last week I went to Tesco while my husband put them to bed and when I got back my middle was still awake and crying because he thought I might die of Corona at Tesco 😭

We are trying to explain things simply to them and keep life up beat but by the nature of us having to stay away from other people and not leave the house it does frighten then a little.(also it's such a mental strain trying to keep things jolly and fun all the time when I myself am feeling the strain)

I can't even begin to think what it's like for those children in violent or negalted homes ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.