Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm home from work. Took me 20 mins again to get 3 miles down the road. Some of the parents when ecotng were taking the children to the playpark to give them a run round before bed. We pointed out the park isn't for playing at the moment and all of them (separate collections) said restrictions are lifted tomorrow as we've done our three weeks.

I'm wondering if that's what's happening round here. There's no official broadcast been scheduled as far as I know, just a lot of we are not sure what's happening.

Our local Sainsburys is utter chaos. I actually complained to the Store Manager this evening 🙈 and he said restrictions are lifted tomorrow. It was heaving in there. No queue outside, 2 metre markers that went down Sunday have been taken up, plastic screens from the tills have been taken down and self service checkouts all opened.

The bloke who owns the pub has been putting the chairs and tables back out this evening from the beer garden and when I drove past the other pub, they were taking down the boarding down off the windows.

I don't know if to laugh or cry!
The monumental stupidity of the British general public never fails to shock me.

West Midlands.

It's bonkers because we are 6 miles from a hospital that's closed its children's department to accommodate Covid patients and about 15 miles away from the Nightingale at the NEC.
tit, you’re in my neck of the woods then. We are surrounded by idiots😫

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can't get my head around the fact there are people thinking everything goes back to normal because the 3 weeks have come to an end. Are they wired right?!! Do they really think that's it, back to normal? They're in for a shock then! Unfuckingbelievable!!!! Why are some humans so bloody thick?!!

Reactions: 28
Haha someone should reply back about how they completly understand where she is coming from because their kids are at this very moment running around the garden head banging to Metallica. 😂
Haha 😂

That would be the norm for most ! certainly in our house ..If mine were chilling out to Mozart i'd be calling for a doctor :LOL:
Hahaaaa 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Wow. I am gob smacked. I honestly think some people don‘t watch any form of news broadcast, read a newspaper or keep up with what’s going on. Or they are just plain stupid. Either way it’s a bloody worry.
It's doesn't help that our local neighbour lhood pages on Facebook are full of people asking if they go out for the day for exercise is that OK, that they stood and talked to their neighbour over the fence is that OK, that rather than doing one big shop a week they are visiting the shops daily, then going out for exercise twice a day, are clearing out their houses and leaving things on their gardens for people to take and advertising things they are getting rid off (jigsaws, books and sheds etc)

The chip shops are now open and taking orders over the phone for click and collect, people are sat on the benches in the nearest shopping area chatting as normal.

Yet you mention anything of the rules and instantly you are a lockdown nazi or everyone will tell you how they are OK and no symptoms and justify all the ways they've twisted the rules to work for them.

Even one of the parents from work takes her children to their Grandparents everyday to play in the garden while they sit two metres apart, despite having to walk through the house to get to the garden!

The monumental stupidity of the British general public never fails to shock me.

tit, you’re in my neck of the woods then. We are surrounded by idiots😫
On the plus side, at least I'm inside and away from them apart from when I'm at work!

The worrying thing is that the parents at work are either GPs or Doctors and Nurses at the hospital, yet they are the worst.

But I find GP parents are a nightmare for sending children in when they are ill anyway 😂

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Sorry if I sound like a twathead here but does anyone on here know how these charities and just giving fundraisers work, because there are a few that are raising money for the NHS one being Captain Tom who is a magnificent man 😍 and then James McCovoy with his for PPE for the NHS, I just hope that it does all go to the NHS is what I'm getting at 😀.

Reactions: 6
It's doesn't help that our local neighbour lhood pages on Facebook are full of people asking if they go out for the day for exercise is that OK, that they stood and talked to their neighbour over the fence is that OK, that rather than doing one big shop a week they are visiting the shops daily, then going out for exercise twice a day, are clearing out their houses and leaving things on their gardens for people to take and advertising things they are getting rid off (jigsaws, books and sheds etc)

The chip shops are now open and taking orders over the phone for click and collect, people are sat on the benches in the nearest shopping area chatting as normal.

Yet you mention anything of the rules and instantly you are a lockdown nazi or everyone will tell you how they are OK and no symptoms and justify all the ways they've twisted the rules to work for them.

Even one of the parents from work takes her children to their Grandparents everyday to play in the garden while they sit two metres apart, despite having to walk through the house to get to the garden!
Facebook has a lot to answer for. No offence to anyone that uses it but it seems that some use it to keep abreast of the ‘news’ and to justify their own behaviour because every ‘hun’ on there is doing the same. Are there any police who are patrolling?
If you didn’t say where you were I wouldn’t have guessed you were in the UK. Im sure it’s not just happening where you are but because our household have all been home for the last five weeks we haven’t used the car to see the idiots in action.

Reactions: 7
WTF , what part of the world are you in ...county will do?
I was going to ask the same thing. Our Sainsbury's is the strictest if all supermarkets. No restrictions lifted apart from amount of stuff you can buy.
Nothing like pubs, beer gardens, cafés or anything like that is open. Town center is totally empty.

Reactions: 10
Reading this thread I swing between, oh maybe we’ll be back to a kinda nornal soonish to it’s going to be along time!
Really hope we get some kinda idea of timescales in the coming weeks

Reactions: 9
How’s your dad getting on? Is he still having to share patient transport ? I hope he’s getting on ok
Thanks for asking.
Yes he’s still sharing transport but the other patient is sitting up front and dad in the back so that’s better.
He’s doing ok thank you.
They’ve had to reduced his dialysis by 3 hours a week because the hospital have to do a deep clean between patients which is understandable. It does mean he has to be extremely careful with his diet at the moment because his blood tests weren’t good last week due to the reduced dialysis.
Mentally he is doing very well which is great but he has always had a very positive outlook.
I saw him about a week ago, through an open window, when I dropped off his shopping. He did look a little thinner in his face and he needs a hair cut bless him. He’s bald on top so in a month or so he’ll look like Doc from Back To The Future! 👴
It is hard not visiting him but he has carers in daily so I know they would call me if they had any concerns which does give me peace of mind.
However, my mum (they’re divorced) is driving me mad. She “popped out” again today to Tesco. I ring her daily to check on her and every call she tells me she is bored!🙄

Oo sorry, gone on a bit there. 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thanks for asking.
Yes he’s still sharing transport but the other patient is sitting up front and dad in the back so that’s better.
He’s doing ok thank you.
They’ve had to reduced his dialysis by 3 hours a week because the hospital have to do a deep clean between patients which is understandable. It does mean he has to be extremely careful with his diet at the moment because his blood tests weren’t good last week due to the reduced dialysis.
Mentally he is doing very well which is great but he has always had a very positive outlook.
I saw him about a week ago, through an open window, when I dropped off his shopping. He did look a little thinner in his face and he needs a hair cut bless him. He’s bald on top so in a month or so he’ll look like Doc from Back To The Future! 👴
It is hard not visiting him but he has carers in daily so I know they would call me if they had any concerns which does give me peace of mind.
However, my mum (they’re divorced) is driving me mad. She “popped out” again today to Tesco. I ring her daily to check on her and every call she tells me she is bored!🙄

Oo sorry, gone on a bit there. 😳
I’m glad he’s doing ok, I think they are more resilient than we give them credit for. I’m sure the other patient is feeling the same so between them they can take the precautions needed. It sounds as though he’s got a good routine going on and people looking out for him which I agree gives peace of mind.

Nearly time for the biggest weirdo to come on ( I don't mean Oohwhatshername ) I mean Trump incase she lynches me again ;)
Happy Hour! Lets see who ( or WHO, no pun intended) he’s got it in for today! He’s like the gift that keeps on giving 😄

• Haha
I’m glad he’s doing ok, I think they are more resilient than we give them credit for. I’m sure the other patient is feeling the same so between them they can take the precautions needed. It sounds as though he’s got a good routine going on and people looking out for him which I agree gives peace of mind.

Happy Hour! Lets see who ( or WHO, no pun intended) he’s got it in for today! He’s like the gift that keeps on giving 😄
He certainly is ! if he only knew the joy he brings to so many in these unprecedented times 🥴 🤡 :LOL:

• Haha
Has anyone seen @Daire post recently?
I hope she’s not had a relapse. :confused:
Hope you’re ok Daire, if you’re reading this xx

Reactions: 16
Could anyone recommend anything I may have in the house to use on my hands please? They are so painful, cracked and sore. Trouble is everything I am using is aggravating it, stinging, painful etc. Thanks
I used coconut oil on mine last night and its the first time I have felt any relief. They were actually throbbing before the skin split open on my knuckles and bled every time I closed my hand.
I had been using lidl sos cream which was brilliant and then it stopped helping.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone seen @Daire post recently?
I hope she’s not had a relapse. :confused:
Hope you’re ok Daire, if you’re reading this xx
I asked the very same a couple of days ago.. Hope everything's ok with her and the family I miss her giggle breaks 🤞

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.