Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really love the setting out of dates. We really need this as a coping tragedy.
Iā€™m desperate for us to do something similar at some point. Iā€™m going mad at the moment not knowing when this will end. Feels like never at the moment.

Reactions: 2
Channel 4 news. ā€œMatt Hancock wept at the stories of children dying alone and that people will have the right to be with loved onesā€.

I always thought that parents could stay with children. This is beyond horrific.
I believe they can but the family of the 13 year old who died had coronavirus symptoms or were isolating so could not visit.

There was a just giving page but it's closed now. They raised Ā£71,639 for his family as his father had also died of cancer.

1C1F8BD9-5675-4CDE-B399-9F54FECD9490.jpeg

Iā€™ve been making this graph of cases in my hospital for my own interest but thought Iā€™d share here. I havenā€™t included y axis in this photo as donā€™t think the numbers themselves are relevant, more the trend. This covers from 29 March to today (15th April). The numbers are daily totals i.e. orange for confirmed cases at 9am that day and pink for suspected (tested, awaiting results). Obviously every day some pink become orange and some disappear if tested negative. Bear in mind lots of the ā€˜orange/ confirmedā€™ will be repeated people as average stay is approx 5 days and they will be counted for each day they are in hospital. The orange goes down when patients either die or are discharged (more common thankfully šŸ’•).

Iā€™ve found it interesting that (so far) cases have remained fairly stable which has allowed the hospital to keep on top of things for now šŸ’Ŗ Hopefully will continue to go down but think too soon to say šŸ¤ž

Reactions: 8
Heard it all now. Someone I follow on Twitter has posted a pic of her 5/6 year old daughter laying in the garden listening to Mozart. Because, itā€™s the only thing that calms her as sheā€™s suffering from the isolation restrictions. duck off, mate. Do something with her to occupy her mind.
Whatā€™s am wrong with a 5 year old learning to listen to music and be mindful? Everyone here is always complaining about the negative impact on mental health. Parents canā€™t exactly do something with their kids to keep them busy every waking hour of the day. Normal chores still need to be done and many parents will still have 9-5 work from home jobs!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
This the bit that scares me the most.
My dad is on the extremely vulnerable list but still has to attend hospital appointments 3 times a week. He does not leave the house at any other time and I donā€™t visit him except to drop off groceries through his window.
Once lockdown is lifted then he will come into contact with people at the hospital or via hospital transport who will no longer be social distancing. He will be at greater risk then but there is nothing we can do.
It will be the same for cancer patients, etc.šŸ˜Ÿ
Howā€™s your dad getting on? Is he still having to share patient transport ? I hope heā€™s getting on ok

Whatā€™s am wrong with a 5 year old learning to listen to music and be mindful? Everyone here is always complaining about the negative impact on mental health. Parents canā€™t exactly do something with their kids to keep them busy every waking hour of the day. Normal chores still need to be done and many parents will still have 9-5 work from home jobs!
My immediate reaction to the woman was, ā€˜duck off, mateā€™ because sheā€™s a poster whoā€™s very often up her own arse. If Mozart is someoneā€™s way of coping - wonderful. But, the gist of her tweet was ā€˜just look at usā€™

No idea. But the Taylor Swift concert will definitely be cancelled šŸ˜­.
We were taking our children to see Taylor Swift in Hyde Park in July and that was cancelled a couple of weeks back, just waiting for the ticket refund. Iā€™m not surprised though and I think itā€™s def the right thing to do, even though people (some but not all!) will be disappointed.

Reactions: 5
Could anyone recommend anything I may have in the house to use on my hands please? They are so painful, cracked and sore. Trouble is everything I am using is aggravating it, stinging, painful etc. Thanks
Vaseline might help if you have any, or sudocrem. Or even hair conditioner!

Reactions: 4
I'm home from work. Took me 20 mins again to get 3 miles down the road. Some of the parents when ecotng were taking the children to the playpark to give them a run round before bed. We pointed out the park isn't for playing at the moment and all of them (separate collections) said restrictions are lifted tomorrow as we've done our three weeks.

I'm wondering if that's what's happening round here. There's no official broadcast been scheduled as far as I know, just a lot of we are not sure what's happening.

Our local Sainsburys is utter chaos. I actually complained to the Store Manager this evening šŸ™ˆ and he said restrictions are lifted tomorrow. It was heaving in there. No queue outside, 2 metre markers that went down Sunday have been taken up, plastic screens from the tills have been taken down and self service checkouts all opened.

The bloke who owns the pub has been putting the chairs and tables back out this evening from the beer garden and when I drove past the other pub, they were taking down the boarding down off the windows.

I don't know if to laugh or cry!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I'm home from work. Took me 20 mins again to get 3 miles down the road. Some of the parents when ecotng were taking the children to the playpark to give them a run round before bed. We pointed out the park isn't for playing at the moment and all of them (separate collections) said restrictions are lifted tomorrow as we've done our three weeks.

I'm wondering if that's what's happening round here. There's no official broadcast been scheduled as far as I know, just a lot of we are not sure what's happening.

Our local Sainsburys is utter chaos. I actually complained to the Store Manager this evening šŸ™ˆ and he said restrictions are lifted tomorrow. It was heaving in there. No queue outside, 2 metre markers that went down Sunday have been taken up, plastic screens from the tills have been taken down and self service checkouts all opened.

The bloke who owns the pub has been putting the chairs and tables back out this evening from the beer garden and when I drove past the other pub, they were taking down the boarding down off the windows.

WTF , what part of the world are you in ...county will do?

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Music can be very therapeutic for children and adults. Calming, uplifting and specifying.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

what on earth are these people thinking? These people are the kinds to ensure that the virus stays even longer.

Absolute cretins!!

Reactions: 12
We were taking our children to see Taylor Swift in Hyde Park in July and that was cancelled a couple of weeks back, just waiting for the ticket refund. Iā€™m not surprised though and I think itā€™s def the right thing to do, even though people (some but not all!) will be disappointed.
Definitely the right thing to do but I am still a bit sad. Well maybe next year...

Reactions: 1
No. Where I live, children are having to be kept by themselves in hospital. They will not allow parents because of how easy the virus spreads.
Are the nurses allowed to comfort them? I know theyā€™ll have protective gear on but this literally makes me feel sick the thought of my children being alone or dying alone. I donā€™t think Iā€™d ever recover from that if that happened, thatā€™s an awful situation.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Iā€™m desperate for us to do something similar at some point. Iā€™m going mad at the moment not knowing when this will end. Feels like never at the moment.
Yes I know, most of us probably are.. We need some sort of structure and at the minute we don't have it.

Reactions: 3
Are the nurses allowed to comfort them? I know theyā€™ll have protective gear on but this literally makes me feel sick the thought of my children being alone or dying alone. I donā€™t think Iā€™d ever recover from that if that happened, thatā€™s an awful situation.
Me too. There is an awful story in the press today where a 14 year old girl has been taken into care, her mother (a nurse) died of Covid 19 and her dad (a doctor) is in intensive care with it. Her aunt who she could go to is self isolating so there is no one to look after her....it made me cry.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
We play classical music every night to help ours get to sleep. Many teachers will play classical music as students are coming in to do the starter activity to particularly after lunch time or if they know the students have had pe before and maybe a bit hyper. I think there are studies on it that itā€™s proven to help. Children need to be taught how to relax as well as doing stuff. Thereā€™s so much emphasis on constantly doing stuff with them. They need to know how to just be and recuperate from the stresses of life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.