Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My theory is people think the 3 weeks is up and nothing has been announced so they can go out and meet up etc, I've seen people out on walks with people they dont live with and pics on Instagram of them at other peoples houses, stuff like that....

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Longer. But I don’t think they’ll tell us it’s longer. They know people are much more likely to put up with three weeks. Than saying three months and everyone will be like sod that.

As an aside. Anyone else noticed the roads have got busier since the weekend. Last week they were dead. Yesterday and today it’s more like a normal weekend where I live?
Yes, I just got home from work and had get food on the way home . Roads really busy but also lots of large groups walking together. The city centre was quiet but the local streets were the busiest.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The daily figures are less on BBC News so the newspapers obviously reported it incorrectly earlier.

Reactions: 4
Are we allowed to drive to places and walk now?! Because I've seen no end of folk drive up to the park at the back of me. Seems that a lot of people have decided to make up their own rules this week. 😖 Although I don't necessarily agree with everything we're being told through the media, I've completely stuck to the guidelines and only been out once a week to shop for food or walked near where I live for under an hour. 👍
You can drive to anywhere local and take your exercise. Don't worry, the guide lines are there for people who think they can drive a million miles to the beach and use the excuse of they came for a walk in the fresh air. ✌😁

I now feel anxious again (not your fault) I didn’t realise lockdown was just to ease the strain on the NHS, I assumed it was to lower the death rate and stop those vulnerable catching it. It’s killing so many people, once lockdown lifts we are expected to be thrown into the lions den and deal with it. My husband has asthma, so once lockdown lifts and he’s told to go back to work, he’s back out there at risk which to me seems one hell of a risk even if the nhs are better equipped to cope. It just doesn’t seem right. Surely deaths will soar again and the NHS will be under pressure once again with the influx of cases.
Ahh sorry, didn't mean to make you feel anxious.
Yeah the point was to make sure that once the initial peak was over and dealt with, flu season has ended, it releases a lot more beds and staff/facilities so everyone gets the treatment they need without the need of having to prioritise, dependant on conditions.
Although lockdown will lift, I think social distancing may remain for a while.
They may introduce new measures or just tell those that are vulnerable like your husband that he must stay indoors.
At the moment it's trying to piece a jigsaw puzzle together with half the pieces missing, noone knows.

There's going to come a time soon where the economy will ultimately have to be put first.

Reactions: 7
Can I ask what sort of lockdown you've had and for how long? I wish they'd give us a similar timetable. It's the not knowing that's driving me mad.
We shut down when we had 40 confirmed cases maybe 10th march so It's been a month + 5 days for us already.

The UK delayed and did it on the 23rd with 5309 cases. (data from worldometers).

• Sad
You can drive to anywhere local and take your exercise. Don't worry, the guide lines are there for people who think they can drive a million miles to the beach and use the excuse of they came for a walk in the fresh air. ✌😁
I don't think this is true. You are not meant to drive somewhere to exercise only local walking or cycling.

Reactions: 12
I also think a lot of people think the whole thing was up at the end of the 3 weeks. I havent been keeping up with the press conferences or newspapers, i read on here daily and get the information from you guys, so i havent seen anything official to say either way if this is ongoing or not. An awful lot of people wont bother to check online and will just assume.
My husband has been working throughout the 'lockdown' and he said to me yesterday evening that the traffic getting home for him was just the same as it was before 'lockdown'.
They need to be more transparent with people, its all well and good following the science and them not having enough data but surely they would've known that they needed X weeks of data when they started the lockdown?
I know it's been said they are easing people in with 3 weeks and then extending to benefit mental health but i think that will backfire on them.
I would rather they said, lockdown will continue until late June/July/August/whenever, this will then be reviewed. Should the science deem it is safe for lockdown to end sooner than this we will of course inform you and begin the transition back to normality.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't think this is true. You are not meant to drive somewhere to exercise only local walking or cycling.
Yes you are. As long as it's local to your dwelling, you can drive to it. They made this decision after the police were found to be over zealous, filming people in the countryside taking their dogs for a walk... Only them there!? And city streets were over run with people having to go too near each other.

Reactions: 3

Yea , you are meant to have your form of exercise walking distance from when you live

They advise not to travel to walks and that because it’s classed as unnecessary travel and if you were to have a road crash , it’s another unnecessary burden on the nhs

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes you are. As long as it's local to your dwelling, you can drive to it. They made this decision after the police were found to be over zealous, filming people in the countryside taking their dogs for a walk... Only them there!? And city streets were over run with people having to go too near each other.
I really didnt think you could?

Reactions: 8
I'm on a dating app, and various guys I've spoken to in recent days ask me to meet them in the park for a walk. What is wrong with these people?! Don't they read the news at all?! 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Just found out my friend has been going for her bi-weekly facial, nails and eyelashes at the home of the salon owner she goes to. FFS! Nobody is going to see you in lock down !!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Maybe it's different for every region my husband be's stopped driving to work ,he has to carry a letter from his employer to prove it's essential travel ..

Reactions: 9
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
try Tesco, bought pasta and tinned tomatoes for us last week, flour and rice for my mum and dad. They had most things
The last 2 shops in store that I did at Tesco they still didn’t have pasta, flour, rice or eggs.
I’ve a Morrison’s delivery on Friday and have ordered rice and eggs so we shall see if they arrive.

Reactions: 2
I'm on a dating app, and various guys I've spoken to in recent days ask me to meet them in the park for a walk. What is wrong with these people?! Don't they read the news at all?! 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️
I'd be keeping more than 2mtrs from them then...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.