Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you test positive for Covid? Hope you're feeling better. And also - there may be something in bruises thing !
I did, I was in hospital for 3 days!

I’m surprised they’ve not tested you
Go off sick. My colleague (nurse) has asked to work from home due to ongoing health problems, they’ve said no, as a nurse she would be expected to work on a ward if needed. She has gone off sick.

I got tested while I was an inpatient.

I’ve been told that I’ll be placed on a COVID ward, I haven’t even been risk assessed.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Twats like this making lockdown harder everywhere thinking they are free thinkers and wild spirits 💩 I messaged her to let her know her essential oils also won't cure this 😅
What an absolute tool.

Not that you wish corona on anyone but you get people like this who think it's made up, who think the government want everyone at home because are trying to reset the world and see what industries are needed before getting rid of them and that the clips of hospitals and NHS staff are all actors and then when they don't become ill, they are even more convinced its fake because they didn't catch it, despite the fact they could easily be spreading it. I can never take anything anti vaxers say seriously anyway, nevermind when they act so gleeful because they know the "truth"

But yeah, you sound like you are right hoot love, going for a stroll with your friends round the UK equivalent of Poundland.

Has Captain Tom Moore been mentioned on here? He's 99 and walking 100 lengths of his garden to raise money for the NHS. He's just hit over three million pounds!!! I'm really hoping Just Giving will do their bit and waive their fees but that's me thinking too highly of cooperations and why I'll never be a businesswoman 🙈

Edit - My bad - a quick google and it looks like they've done away with fees other than 2.9% + 25p card processing fees.
Amazing isn't it? His original goal was £1,000 then after his interview on gmb and Piers Morgan donating £10,000 of his own money, the donations went through the roof!

Reactions: 14
Tom Moore has just hit 5 million - little legend! Hopefully he gets an OBE or MBE whatever it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Does anyone know can you reuse masks? My friend just gave me one. I think you’re only supposed to use them once and throw them away, but I’m not sure? It’s the paper type ones that doctors use.
I think they said masks are to be changed after every use and should be waterproof ?

I wonder what substance Trump is medicating with to leave him in that state:unsure:

Last edited:
Tesco came today and I had a few substitutions - one of them wasn’t even close. I had ordered a goats cheese pasta salad and they had given me two soya, edamame, pea and sugar snap salads. That salad is far too much fibre for my diet due to my condition and would make me ill so I asked my neighbour if she wanted them. She said yes and that they would go great with fish. She said that she would trade them for some eggs that her chickens lay. We did a doorstep exchange! This is the new economy. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Tesco came today and I had a few substitutions - one of them wasn’t even close. I had ordered a goats cheese pasta salad and they had given me two soya, edamame, pea and sugar snap salads. That salad is far too much fibre for my diet due to my condition and would make me ill so I asked my neighbour if she wanted them. She said yes and that they would go great with fish. She said that she would trade them for some eggs that her chickens lay. We did a doorstep exchange! This is the new economy. 😂
Just like old times before money was invented🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
After seeing it mentioned on here I ordered one of the Morrisons Meat Boxes. What a disappointment! First of all it was meant to be delivered yesterday but was still showing as 'awaiting dispatch' so I still had to go to the shops. It arrived today with mince that expired yesterday. Rubbish selection. It seems as if they use items that don't sell well in the shop. I've now read a lot of bad reviews of them on TrustPilot. You can ring Morrisons and be on hold for upto half an hour to be told they don't deal with the food boxes and you have to email but when you do you never get a reply. Apparently it's not Morrisons themselves that do the food boxes but an outside company.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
What an an advert to come up on tattle today 😐 last week it was funeral flowers ... it's like there trying to help me plan ... hopefully not telling me I'm popping off soon 😐
Can you pay up ;)

Think i'll wear my Newchic Removable Anti-droplet Cap :unsure:
93418479_2853268381456943_4914615357508943872_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Afternoon all.
Went to bed reasonably early last night so missed Trump.
Does anyone have a link please?
Ta very muchly x

Reactions: 1
We're planning on reopening soon! (CZECH)

April 20
– Car shows
– Car boot sales
– Professional athletes will be able to train in public
– Weddings up to 10 people (with specific hygienic measures in place)
– Farmers markets
– Craftsmen and their workshops (e.g. locksmiths, shoe repair shops, joiners etc.)

April 27
– Stores up to 200 square meters (except those in shopping centers)

May 11
– Stores up to 1000 square meters (except those in shopping centers)
– Driving schools
– Gyms and fitness centres but the showers and dressing rooms within them will be off limits.

May 25
– Restaurants, bars, and cafes, with service from windows or in gardens.
– Hairdressers
– Beauty salons
– Tanning salons
– Museums, galleries, exhibition halls
– Zoological gardens (outdoor parts only)

June 8
– Shopping center
– Restaurants, cafes, and bars
– Hotels, hostels, (including their restaurants)
– Theaters
– Castles and palaces
– Bookstores
– Cinemas and theaters
– It will be possible to hold events for up to 50 people
– Tattoo and piercing salons

Schools

Schools will also open gradually.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I we trumps still amusing . Him and who at war.

As much as I dislike the guy is there any truth in the who fecked up.
Watching the news about Denmark going back to school I don't see how schools can stay 2 metres apart and cab see why some Danish parents have reservation.
The doing lessons outside made me chuckle.

What do we think of labour keir starmer demanding a planned exit strategy .
They were late to the issue as leadership battle took their attention the 1st few weeks of the crisis.
Yes be critical but blame has be done after this is over.
It's all too busy too be critical.
Everyone agrees more testing
Truth is we just don't have the capacity.
We just can't keep up with demand for ppe.
We were ill prepared for this pandemic along with many other countries.

My American family posted themselves all together for Easter and I thourght wtf but resisted urge to message them and say stop. Over here my mum and aunts missing their grandkids.

Reactions: 6

April 20
– Car shows
– Car boot sales
– Farmers markets
– Craftsmen and their workshops (e.g. locksmiths, shoe repair shops, joiners etc.)

April 27

May 11
– Driving schools
– Gyms and fitness centres but the showers and dressing rooms within them will be off limits.

May 25
– Hairdressers
– Beauty salons
– Tanning salons

June 8
– Shopping center
– Theaters
– Castles and palaces
– Bookstores
– Cinemas and theaters

Schools

This seems like a pretty good way to come out of lock down to me (with the addition of guidance for return to work). I hope ours is done similarly with set dates. Something to look forward to if nothing else!!!

Reactions: 15

April 20
– Car shows
– Car boot sales
– Farmers markets

April 27

May 11
– Driving schools

May 25
– Hairdressers
– Beauty salons
– Tanning salons

June 8
– Shopping center
– Theaters
– Castles and palaces
– Bookstores
– Cinemas and theaters

Schools

This is the sort of plan and specificity we need here!

Reactions: 14
My neighbour buys us a bag of flour every time she sees one and won't take payment, so I made them a massive lemon drizzle cake and hubs left it on the door step. 😘 Trading really is the new currency. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I wished I lived next door to you. Or basically anywhere where a bag of flour transforms into a Lemon Drizzle cake 🎂🧁🍰😋
My neighbour buys us a bag of flour every time she sees one and won't take payment, so I made them a massive lemon drizzle cake and hubs left it on the door step. 😘 Trading really is the new currency. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Flour is like gold dust around here. Pasta is like rocking horse sh#t.
Managed to order rice for delivery on Friday but won’t hold my breath, bound to be out of stock again by then.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.