Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PlainJane10

All these facts and figures don't add up to me. The deaths given daily aren't accurate for that specific day. Just read this on Government website....
Plus a Doctor can assume it's Covid19 and put it on a death certificate even though a test hasn't been done
My m-in-l died last Wednesday morning. She had a live-in carer who called an ambulance in the middle of the night, and she fell into a coma once in hospital. They initially said she would have to be tested for covid before they could move her to the respiratory ward, as they would need to know which section, but later when they could tell she didn't have long they said it 'wouldn't make a difference' to her treatment so I still don't know when a test was taken, before or after death, but we were desperate to find out for sure that she didn't have it or the carer would have to stay isolated in the house for 14 days. We pushed it and so did the agency that the carer works for, and we managed to get a result on Thursday evening (NOT covid) which I'm told was unusually fast (they'd said not to expect it until Saturday). With it being Easter weekend, her death hasn't been registered until today, so that's a week later. My understanding is that the death couldn't be registered without the medical certificate of cause of death so it couldn't be done any quicker.

She didn't have covid BUT she was so poorly with severe respiratory problems and constant chest infections that a common cold would have finished her off as easily as covid. There will be lots like her I'm sure, so although I know many are saying that the large number of elderly people who are dying in care homes or in their own homes should be included in the figures, I think they need to be shown seperately. Its not that they are any less important, but someone like my m-in-l dying with coronavirus is very different to an otherwise generally healthy person dying BECAUSE OF coronavirus. I think I saw it in an earlier thread, a comment by a doctor that there is a big difference between dying WITH coronavirus and dying FROM coronavirus.

Edit: I did get the feeling that the doctor's didn't really feel it was necessary to get a covid test done, perhaps because they didn't think she had it - her symptoms weren't dissimilar but they also fitted with her medical history. There was just a bit of a reluctance. Perhaps they didn't want to have to include the likes of her in the figures.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

50sGirl

VIP Member
How’s your dad getting on? Is he still having to share patient transport ? I hope he’s getting on ok
Thanks for asking.
Yes he’s still sharing transport but the other patient is sitting up front and dad in the back so that’s better.
He’s doing ok thank you.
They’ve had to reduced his dialysis by 3 hours a week because the hospital have to do a deep clean between patients which is understandable. It does mean he has to be extremely careful with his diet at the moment because his blood tests weren’t good last week due to the reduced dialysis.
Mentally he is doing very well which is great but he has always had a very positive outlook.
I saw him about a week ago, through an open window, when I dropped off his shopping. He did look a little thinner in his face and he needs a hair cut bless him. He’s bald on top so in a month or so he’ll look like Doc from Back To The Future! 👴
It is hard not visiting him but he has carers in daily so I know they would call me if they had any concerns which does give me peace of mind.
However, my mum (they’re divorced) is driving me mad. She “popped out” again today to Tesco. I ring her daily to check on her and every call she tells me she is bored!🙄

Oo sorry, gone on a bit there. 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
So sick of seeing “what about....“ and “don’t forget about the....” posts on Facebook.

As far as I’ve seen nurses, doctors, carers, shop assistants, bin men have all been “thanked” And told they’re appreciated.

It’s turning into such a praise request party at the minute. Doing my nut in.

I’m classed as a key worker so am still having to go into work. My role isn’t on any of the thank you lists - I’m not bloody posting on Facebook whinging about it.

Reactions: 22

Alightened

VIP Member
Sorry if this is offensive to anyone, been to Florida, been to Disney and I honestly couldn't care less if it never re opened again. Horrible place... run's to hide before I get showered with bricks 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Not directly Covid related but I suppose it is in a way. My routine has gone out of the window, my diet is crap and I'm drinking more alcohol. I already have anxiety due to long term stress at work. Tonight, after drinking a lot of gin I woke up in bed with a numb hand and a feeling of something dropping on my head. Looked up & my dog (who sleeps in bed with me) was awake and watching me. Terrified for my health and have dropped an email to AA. Not sure I'm strong enough to come through this unscathed. Didn't know where else to post as I don't want to be identified on Facebook, but had to share somewhere ☹
Hello! I’m in AA, I’m still anonymous on this site so I’m not breaking my anonymity. I couldn’t just scroll passed your post. In ‘normal’ circumstances, what would happen (or did when I was a newcomer) is a recovering alcoholic in AA would take you to a meeting but they aren’t going on just now. Don’t let that put you off. There’s also a phone number. I’m sure you know already that AA is a programme for abstinence and the ‘only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking’. I’ve been sober for a while and I’ve missed alcohol for the first time since I stopped - just because I want to switch my head off. I understand why people are drinking more but if it’s costing you more than money, it could be a problem. Good luck x

• Heart

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Me too. There is an awful story in the press today where a 14 year old girl has been taken into care, her mother (a nurse) died of Covid 19 and her dad (a doctor) is in intensive care with it. Her aunt who she could go to is self isolating so there is no one to look after her....it made me cry.
Ahh I saw that earlier. She's gone to foster care.
Quite happy to say that if either of my 2 kids got taken into hospital, they'd have to kill me to get me away from their bedside.
No way in hell I'd be leaving.
May be different for a teenager but my 2 are toddlers and there's no way in hell anyone could tell me otherwise.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I think all that laughing has set me up for today:giggle:
I know it’s been said a thousand and one times but this thread has been a life saver in the last month,
I dread to think how we’d all be consuming and processing the news without a place to vent, chat and be silly as well as serious!

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
We're planning on reopening soon! (CZECH)

April 20
– Car shows
– Car boot sales
– Professional athletes will be able to train in public
– Weddings up to 10 people (with specific hygienic measures in place)
– Farmers markets
– Craftsmen and their workshops (e.g. locksmiths, shoe repair shops, joiners etc.)

April 27
– Stores up to 200 square meters (except those in shopping centers)

May 11
– Stores up to 1000 square meters (except those in shopping centers)
– Driving schools
– Gyms and fitness centres but the showers and dressing rooms within them will be off limits.

May 25
– Restaurants, bars, and cafes, with service from windows or in gardens.
– Hairdressers
– Beauty salons
– Tanning salons
– Museums, galleries, exhibition halls
– Zoological gardens (outdoor parts only)

June 8
– Shopping center
– Restaurants, cafes, and bars
– Hotels, hostels, (including their restaurants)
– Theaters
– Castles and palaces
– Bookstores
– Cinemas and theaters
– It will be possible to hold events for up to 50 people
– Tattoo and piercing salons

Schools

Schools will also open gradually.

• Wow
  • Heart

Sausageparty

Chatty Member
Rant -

I'm not being funny but I dont actually want to go back to work yet whilst all this is going on. Given the fact of how many younger people have died from this that havent had underlying health problems I dont really feel comfortable. My work are trying to reopen Wednesday and the work place that it is, I cant figure out how they would put social distancing in place to protect us.

I dont really agree with if they plan to open things gradually why should non essential workers have to suffer and go back to work first whilst schools and restaurants and shops stay shut til god knows how long? Theyve had scientists say shutting schools hasnt really helped.

Probably already been mentioned alot but I also really feel sorry for the nhs now having to go to work and put their own lives in danger because the government have made continuous shoddy decisions 😡 I know it's their job but they should be given then adequate protection so their lives arent put at risk every day.

I wish the government would stop lying I genuinely feel they are hiding the severity of it for some reason. They always seem so vague andto me when answering the medias questions in the briefing. They just skirt round the questions every single day. Someone asked why arent the figures been shown for non hospital deaths and they said they're available to the public. Well why arent they been fucking shown then? I can guarantee the death toll is more than 11,324 or whatever is it today 😔😔

Guys come on let’s all pray that we are past the peak and give out positive vibes to the universe. We can do this. Please let this be over soon xxxx
We arent past it unfortunately 😔 Raab confirmed we weren't today

• Sad
Reactions: 21

leoladyxo

VIP Member
Can anyone give some advice on what I’m meant to do ... the house next door is an Airbnb and has just had a family come down from London to stay in it for a week. We have a shared access gate that I have been leaving open so that the postman doesn’t have to touch it and they are insisting on closing it so that their child can run up and down (their rented house has its own garden and then they have right of way through ours to get to the road) I don’t even think they should have been able to come down at this time and now they are interfering with our day to day life. I understand they don’t want their child to run into the road but surely they can supervise her enough?
I hate to be “that person”, but couldn’t you report this to the police? It sounds as though they have travelled unnecessarily and that would be something that the police could speak to them about.

MarinaScorpio

Chatty Member
I'm on a dating app, and various guys I've spoken to in recent days ask me to meet them in the park for a walk. What is wrong with these people?! Don't they read the news at all?! 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
I’m not holding out much hope for my holiday to France at the end of July. We might just make it there but I refuse to get excited after already having my heart ripped out over it once (ok bit dramatic but it was the thing I was looking forward to for ages before covid happened). Plus it all depends what’s happening here too.

Seen this doing the rounds on Facebook. No idea how true it is, maybe someone here knows more?
I’m calling bullshit

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Are the nurses allowed to comfort them? I know they’ll have protective gear on but this literally makes me feel sick the thought of my children being alone or dying alone. I don’t think I’d ever recover from that if that happened, that’s an awful situation.
Me too. There is an awful story in the press today where a 14 year old girl has been taken into care, her mother (a nurse) died of Covid 19 and her dad (a doctor) is in intensive care with it. Her aunt who she could go to is self isolating so there is no one to look after her....it made me cry.

• Sad

ShockAdGift

My Neighbour over the road went in ambulance at 11pm. Staff in ppe, wife went back into the house, my anxiety is through the roof. It’s here and it’s getting closer 🤯😭 ffs
My next door neighbour and his wife had it. They were unwell for days but are now recovered and back to normal. Try not to worry too much. Follow the advice. Wash your hands, social distance and stay home as much as you can x

• Sad