Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noname12345

Chatty Member
A lot of people who are dying with not of covid are being included in the numbers. So those who may have died of other causes had the virus not been here are being added to the covid numbers.
I'm not talking about Covid numbers but a general number of deaths. My point is that the overall increase isn't that high (bar week 13).

Where do you find this out? I’d like to have a look
I just googled death stats for 2019 and 2020. There are excel sheets you can download

Squarehole

VIP Member
O’Keefes hand cream is supposed to be brilliant.
I found this worked for a while for me then started making them worse ☹ (my hands have been awful since I had baby 2 - a fair few years now !)

I find Jelonet really helps I cut it into squares put it on my hand then a big plaster on top and helps big cracks heal just don't let it dry out ! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jelonet-Paraffin-Gauze-Dressing-10cm/dp/B003TT9N98

(I was recommended to use it on badly cracked nipples by a midwife and hand some left over and tried it on my hands 👌 It's meant for burns I think)

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
Slightly related, I love looking in chemist's when abroad and looking at all their different painkillers (Spain for example a box of 100 ibuprofen 600mg per tablet for 3 euros 99,I always bring a box back!)

When we went to America, I visited a chemist and the amount you could buy was insane!!! They ranged from dollar painkillers to 50 dollars plus and all kinds of jars and shapes and sizes it was incredible!

I played it safe and got some 6 dollar paracetamol 200 tablets 800mg I think they were.

I don't have an over the counter drug problem either BTW! I also got lots of male up from there too.

But then I work with A Spanish lady and she said that IN Spain you can only buy drugs like that from a Pharmacy and not in supermarkets or corner shops or petrol stations and they are licensed to sell in bigger quantities and stronger doses than the UK.

I love visiting supermarkets on holiday too 😊
i used to always stock up on the spanish ibuprofen - they are fantastic! but i went Mallorca last year (possibly the laws changed) they would sell me 400mg fine but the 600mg ones was told only with a prescription now 😕

Tattlingpineapple

Chatty Member
For those who are interested, these are the new lockdown measures in Germany (announced today). The previous measures are in effect until April 20.

- hairdressers and the like may open on May 4 provided they adhere to the hygiene rules

We shall see!
I really need a hair cut but I guess it will be a nightmare to get an appointment. Happy Hunger Games I guess? 😂

Spinidge

VIP Member
My apologies as I can't get the ONS spreadsheet to load. Can someone tell me the total figures for week 14 please? It was mentioned 6000 more than the average but not the total number reported. Thank you.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
From what I understand people are being classed as covid deaths without being tested. I was just talking about hospital deaths not other ones.

My neighbour died last week, she was already on palatine care but they assumed she caught covid in hospital and died. Likelihood is she would have died anyway but they have said it’s a covid death.
The stats suggest that this isn’t the case for most deaths. There’s been a sharp increase in deaths registered which supposedly do not involve coronavirus, way above the average expected deaths. I think the reason for this is that doctors are reluctant to rule a death as coronavirus without proof, which is understandable but it’s messing with the stats. As no tests seem to be being done after death, they have to have very good reason to believe the person had coronavirus

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
Has anyone had a Morrison’s food box delivered? Are there many items inside? We had a food delivery yesterday but can’t get a slot for the next shop for love nor money so I’m just looking at other options for in a couple of weeks time for essentials.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Channel 4 news. “Matt Hancock wept at the stories of children dying alone and that people will have the right to be with loved ones”.

I always thought that parents could stay with children. This is beyond horrific.
I believe they can but the family of the 13 year old who died had coronavirus symptoms or were isolating so could not visit.

There was a just giving page but it's closed now. They raised £71,639 for his family as his father had also died of cancer.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
The stats suggest that this isn’t the case for most deaths. There’s been a sharp increase in deaths registered which supposedly do not involve coronavirus, way above the average expected deaths. I think the reason for this is that doctors are reluctant to rule a death as coronavirus without proof, which is understandable but it’s messing with the stats. As no tests seem to be being done after death, they have to have very good reason to believe the person had coronavirus
Sorry I understood it that there wasn’t an increase in expected deaths, my mistake.

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I agree. I don't think they need a clap ! But this is not like the school holidays at all. You can't even take the kids to the park or swimming. Luckily we have a nice house full of toys and a garden so I am trying hard to keep them amused but they are missing their grandparents and family. Missing getting to play with their friends the same age, missing doing their sports clubs. When we go out for a walk I am having to remind them to stay back from people all the time which must be a bit unsettling. Last week I went to Tesco while my husband put them to bed and when I got back my middle was still awake and crying because he thought I might die of Corona at Tesco 😭

We are trying to explain things simply to them and keep life up beat but by the nature of us having to stay away from other people and not leave the house it does frighten then a little.(also it's such a mental strain trying to keep things jolly and fun all the time when I myself am feeling the strain)

I can't even begin to think what it's like for those children in violent or negalted homes ☹
Everyone is missing that though? We aren’t all wanting a clap?
I get it’s hard, but it’s hard for everyone.

we’ve still got kids playing out on bikes etc on the street where I am

monga

VIP Member
So Are We expecting another 3 weeks lockdown then slowly maybe open more shops non food in 3 weeks time.

When they officially announcing it.
Are we wait and see what happens for countries in Europe that slowly lfting lock down.
I'm happy stay at Home another 3 weeks just wish we could but stuff make our garden nice.
How long has Italy been on lockdown ?

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Has anyone had a Morrison’s food box delivered? Are there many items inside? We had a food delivery yesterday but can’t get a slot for the next shop for love nor money so I’m just looking at other options for in a couple of weeks time for essentials.
Asda slots were available at 2.30am this morning.