Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have had to go back to work today and my husband is front line so he’s never stopped going every day worried sick that we are bringing it into the house to the kids - the arguments it causes also I feel like I’m loosing the plot constant hand washing etc it’s draining
My boyfriend is a nurse in a care home and I feel the same, have a tight chest due to anxiety this morning and every day I feel drained due to cleaning so much. We are keeping our distance at home, which is hard as I just want to snuggle up to him, but I'm concerned, even though there's no cases in his work - that's health anxiety for you, its wearing me out, and I can see I'm annoying him with my worries....

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Thank you guys 💓

She’s okay now, we went down into the back garden and had a play instead. Baking a cake this afternoon together which she’s excited for. She’s happy enough. ☺

The park are weird. Some are taped off but the one we usually go to isn’t completely so people are just going on anyway 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh ok. Still not good, I also don’t agree that you are able to bring your child into nursery when only one parent is a key worker and the other is at home and could look after them, or am I missing something with regards to that?
They can bring them in if they absolutely can't have them from home. The other parents are all working from home.

The only children we don't have are ones who parents are also Furloughed

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Dr Gregor Smith (depute chief medical officer for Scotland) did mention that he was concerned that people would be afraid to approach hospitals if they were feeling unwell, and reassured everyone that no matter the current situation, everyone should not feel they have to stay away if they have pains, bleeding, or other health ailments that were not usual. I wonder if people are actually doing that...staying away and trying to hope things get better on their own......
A lovely lady I knew in her 40's stayed away from hospital despite feeling very unwell thinking she would get over it... ended up dying last week due to not getting help. So sadly yes people are 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 17
That’s so sad. Poor thing. Our local parks have tape all over them to stop people using them and it’s worked x

I have the hogwarts castle and we’re going to put it together again in lockdown !
I've got 11 lego sets but still can't bring myself to build them yet. I've got the Gingerbread house to build as well 🙈

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've got 11 lego sets but still can't bring myself to build them yet. I've got the Gingerbread house to build as well 🙈
i’ll take them off your hands and build them for you if you’d like 😂

I deleted my 10k for MPs post as after a little research it’s not as clean cut as it seems. Wes Streeting states

- MPs aren't being 'given £10,000 extra each'
- There is a contingency budget for office equipment because not all of our *staff* working from home have their own IT equipment
- It is there if - and only if - it is *needed*
- It has to be accounted for’

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
Minister for Health, Simon Harris said he expects to be advised tomorrow to keep the significant restrictions to slow the spread of the coronavirus in place, for a period of weeks, but that Ireland will have to move onto a "different terrain" after that....

I had a dream I went further than 2km yesterday, no gloves on or anything.... bleeping rebel.

one day. One day.

6E827CC5-B393-4AC8-8AC6-FB3C15AB648C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Minister for Health, Simon Harris said he expects to be advised tomorrow to keep the significant restrictions to slow the spread of the coronavirus in place, for a period of weeks, but that Ireland will have to move onto a "different terrain" after that....

I had a dream I went further than 2km yesterday, no gloves on or anything.... bleeping rebel.

one day. One day.

View attachment 105955
I went over my hour yesterday - not intentionally just happened to overestimate how long it would take and I felt proper naughty!

Reactions: 7
I am so bleeping annoyed with my neighbours. Syrian refuges. Family in the house next door and another 5 ish in a house opposite.
It's 10.30 at night and not only have they been constantly in and out of each others houses all day but they are currently having a bonfire in the garden (in the house opposite) and STILL bleeping mingling.

I'm angry eating chocolate and curtain twitching in full on rage
If you can, call the Environmental Services Department of your council and report the bonfire. At the same time, report the gathering. You could also try the 101 non emergency police no.

The GP here are open as normal for things exactly like that, they're only letting a few patients in at any one time .The front doors remain closed .I'd think it would be the same everywhere .Their taking every precaution try and encourage him to make an appointment it will put his mind at ease, and stop him worrying..most of these things are harmless..
My GP is assessing people on the phone first. I had a telephone appointment to discuss medication. Get your mum/dad to call them.

Last edited:

one day. One day.

View attachment 105955
What does he mean tougher restrictions? We're not allowed to cross the border now the guards are out in force 👮‍♂️🚔

My dad has a issue that is really needing a doctor opinion / further investigation. That he has only finally told my mum about as he was becoming depressed more and more each day . Finally my mum got it out of him . 4/5 weeks he found a lump but only managed to tell my mum now. He is point blank refusing to go to the doctors or even phone because of the coronavirus, when he really should . He doesnt want to put himself at risk even though this is really important
I had mastitis and they assessed me over the phone. I couldn’t have left it as my temp went up to 39! Also when I was pregnant I had to go to midwife and there was nobody else in there. They’re taking a lot of precautions. It’s probably safer at the doctors now than when it’s full of poorly people normally.

Reactions: 4
Second NHS colleague (known but not same trust as me) died from Covid last night. 😔 In March he was posting on Facebook about insufficient PPE and how he felt unsafe at work and concerned for his family. Young guy, not even 40. So sad and scary. Keep safe everyone x

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I really think I’m going to be terrified of everything when we’re eventually allowed out. The thought of a night out and all the germs on the bar terrifies me - normally it wouldn’t even cross my mind! I’m worried life will just never be the same again
I feel the same, especially the thought of going back to working some where really busy where people are very close

Reactions: 1
I feel the same, especially the thought of going back to working some where really busy where people are very close
I don’t think we will be the same for a long time. I Won’t be getting close to people that’s for sure

Reactions: 6
The neighbour kids are CRANKY. My kids are doing okay but I'm definitely hearing the effects of no school on the neighbour's kids, while sat in the garden! :oops: Lots of yelling & crying over little things. They're usually fairly quiet kids. It's a shame really :(

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.