Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As an introvert I don't mind being inside a lot and enjoy my own company. My life hasn't changed hugely as I WFH mostly. I could quite happily watch documentaries all day and do online exercise but I don't have children so I know it's very different for families.
I can't imagine how hard it is for many, many others too.
Same, I'm also introverted and I'm a real homebody, but I do like to walk out to my parents with the dog, go shopping with my mother and see my sister at least once a week. This has made me realise how precious and important a change of scenery and face-to-face social interaction is. My mental health was the best it has been for a long time before all this, now I feel like I've been pushed several steps backward and I feel drained, lethargic and emotionally numb for the most part. I've even started up my nervous habit of obsessively checking my neck for lumps and wishing I could see my oncologist, after making so much progress which has now totally gone down the shitter :(

• Sad
Reactions: 16
As an introvert I don't mind being inside a lot and enjoy my own company. My life hasn't changed hugely as I WFH mostly. I could quite happily watch documentaries all day and do online exercise but I don't have children so I know it's very different for families.
I can't imagine how hard it is for many, many others too.
I’m an introvert too so I do think it makes it much easier for us.
81AE7E7F-646E-4345-8777-4A02A8A91AF0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
When all this ends, I think cash is the first thing to go, from my perspective anyway. I couldn't cope with handling dirty coins and notes. Which kind of sucks since I'm in retail, and not everyone can pay by card. But I'll not be using cash myself - despite me saving up all my coins in a pretty little jar since January :oops:
yeh i think there will def be a rise in shops etc that go cashless. it'll be interestingto see what other changes happen, this is (in modern times) such an unprecedented event

Reactions: 5
Spring menu apparently but I feel like it’ll be summer next time they’re open! The chocolate cornflake cakes are amazing, they have golden syrup in too so they’re really moreish. Might make my own but they won’t be the same

I only ever jumped in there to grab a coffee between trains on the way to work and back. I'll have to pay more attention - those chocolate cornflake cakes with syrup sound amazing!!! Although now, I'm rifling through the cupboard to see if I can do a diy version :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I did my passport photo at home using my phone. It’s a pain to get the lighting right and to find a blank bit of wall, but I did get one accepted eventually!
I know, we’ve tried a few times, it’s trying to get zero shadows that is the problem. Any tips?

I’m an introvert too so I do think it makes it much easier for us.View attachment 105914
Fellow introvert over here👋 Also big worrier and generally anxious person.
I have found so far that the lockdown has helped my normal day to day anxiety.....knowing expectations for everyone are basically the same, not having to stress that I have to do lots with the kids out and about ...if that makes sense?

Reactions: 16
I must vent. I thought I’d do some puzzles during lock down and the first one I did was fairly easy. Thought I’d buy another. Wish I hadn’t bothered!!! I’m so frustrated it’s so hard 😂

on the cashless front one of the merlin sealife Centres announced they were going cashless before this all kicked off and there was hell!! parents complaining about kids not being able to pay with pocket money. The sea life centre actually reversed there decision. I’d like to see how people’s opinions have changed after this!

Reactions: 11
Same, I'm also introverted and I'm a real homebody, but I do like to walk out to my parents with the dog, go shopping with my mother and see my sister at least once a week. This has made me realise how precious and important a change of scenery and face-to-face social interaction is. My mental health was the best it has been for a long time before all this, now I feel like I've been pushed several steps backward and I feel drained, lethargic and emotionally numb for the most part. I've even started up my nervous habit of obsessively checking my neck for lumps and wishing I could see my oncologist, after making so much progress which has now totally gone down the shitter :(
My mental health has taken a downturn as well. I’m constantly on edge and feeling panicky especially if the phone rings for some reason? I’ve become OCD about people getting to close to me when I go out of the house, and paranoid about touching post that’s been delivered or groceries etc. It’s just bizarre because germ phobia is something I’ve never had until now.

I think there will be a big mental health crisis after this is all over.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I know, we’ve tried a few times, it’s trying to get zero shadows that is the problem. Any tips?
It was a right pain if I’m honest! Our house is quite dark where the walls happened to be white so lighting was a problem even in the middle of the day. Only advice I have is don’t give up! Think I used a selfie stick to get the angle right too, it was a couple of years ago now.

Reactions: 1
It’s ridiculous, who can travel abroad now anyway?
We keep getting email reminders for my husband to resubmit a passport photo or they will withdraw his application and will keep the £75 fee. He is self isolating so cannot go to a photo booth for a passport pic and I doubt you’d be allowed to use one anyway. I’ve said we will just take a photo on the ‘phone, which will get rejected but explain the situation and hope they use common sense!
There's a website online where you can take your own passport photo and they print them and post to you. I did it for my last passport ill see can I find the name of them for u

Reactions: 3
It’s ridiculous, who can travel abroad now anyway?
We keep getting email reminders for my husband to resubmit a passport photo or they will withdraw his application and will keep the £75 fee. He is self isolating so cannot go to a photo booth for a passport pic and I doubt you’d be allowed to use one anyway. I’ve said we will just take a photo on the ‘phone, which will get rejected but explain the situation and hope they use common sense!
I did all four of ours on a phone. I’m proper tight and refuse to pay for passport photos 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I must vent. I thought I’d do some puzzles during lock down and the first one I did was fairly easy. Thought I’d buy another. Wish I hadn’t bothered!!! I’m so frustrated it’s so hard 😂

on the cashless front one of the merlin sealife Centres announced they were going cashless before this all kicked off and there was hell!! parents complaining about kids not being able to pay with pocket money. The sea life centre actually reversed there decision. I’d like to see how people’s opinions have changed after this!
What puzzle is it?

I always have a puzzle on the go (even before lockdown), my advice is take a breather and come back with fresh eyes. If you’re really not enjoying it, try another puzzle.
If you want a recommendation, cloudberries on Etsy have some fantastic ones :)

Reactions: 2
I had a panic attack yesterday about going in the supermarket. I haven’t been for about 3 weeks now (hubby was doing it). He and the kids are self isolating until the weekend as I had symptoms (I’m now over them and back at work), so I had to go. Seeing the way it was all laid out for queuing, so many people wearing masks and the idea of anyone coming within 2m of me was terrifying. It looked like a scene from an apocalypse movie. I was OK once inside though, surprisingly better as the place wasn’t mobbed as it usually is, and ecstatic because I found spaghetti for the first time in forever!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
What puzzle is it?

I always have a puzzle on the go (even before lockdown), my advice is take a breather and come back with fresh eyes. If you’re really not enjoying it, try another puzzle.
If you want a recommendation, cloudberries on Etsy have some fantastic ones :)
it’s this one - just so much blue!!!
image.jpg

Reactions: 6
I had a panic attack yesterday about going in the supermarket. I haven’t been for about 3 weeks now (hubby was doing it). He and the kids are self isolating until the weekend as I had symptoms (I’m now over them and back at work), so I had to go. Seeing the way it was all laid out for queuing, so many people wearing masks and the idea of anyone coming within 2m of me was terrifying. It looked like a scene from an apocalypse movie. I was OK once inside though, surprisingly better as the place wasn’t mobbed as it usually is, and ecstatic because I found spaghetti for the first time in forever!
I've been avoiding going into any building. Yesterday having to go to boots for a prescription was surreal. Made me really shaky after was just, as you said, apocalyptic

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.