Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always thought nursery workers and teachers are actual angels for what they do...and this time has only reiterated that for me. It is bloody hard work to keep children entertained and safe and happy. Its exhausting. I'm also thankful for this time with my boy that I wouldn't usually get cos hearing his funny little stories 24/7 cracks me up. If anything though this time is just making me doubt myself as a mum that I'm really not good enough, but I am sure I'm not the only one feeling that way either.
I am a teacher and I doubt myself as a mum all the time! Teaching is easier as you have support if you need it. At home there’s no “on call” it’s you 😂 also in secondary it changes every hour so you’re never with the same class too long. Honestly before I was a mum in my head I thought I can control a class of 30 kids how hard can it be ...... then I got my son and I found out! Don’t get me wrong teaching is hard work but I find being a mum more challenging at times.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
People rarely see beyond their own bubble, which I understand because I’m the same. I would like normality too - my other half is a key worker out every day. I have a 5 year old at home that comes into school with me when I’m on rota. On the days I’m not in, I’m remotely working - we are sending activities and communications out to parents every day, even “holidays” (because we don’t close except for bank holidays now) and trying to entertain a single child 5yo and keep on top of the house and do the work and study is HARD.

BUT I just think it would make this whole sacrifice pointless if schools reopen when confirmed cases and admissions to hospital are still accelerating. It’s not just because of the children IN school transmitting the disease, as others have said it will affect public behaviour and make separation more lax, which in turn will speed the spread up further and overload the hospitals.

Reactions: 13
Sorry but just giving or similar links aren't allowed here. It's better to just say a charity to avoid these sites taking a fee and the charity gets it immediately. We had a tattle just giving before and the person that set it up had to jump through lots of hoops in order for the charity to actually get the money.

Reactions: 9
Absolutely hats if to you both for working through this. I'm a teacher but can thankfully work at home - for now.

Are you taking all the precautions. Clothes off at the door .. immediately washing them etc? My family member is frontline NHS and in so fearful for them x
Well I do that but my husband is doing a split 3 shift as there is so much sickness so he’s in and out 3 times a day he washes his hands and wears gloves and ppe but doesn’t fully change until he’s in for the night - it’s caused many an argument

Upstairs neighbour has decided that it would be a fantastic idea to get builders in. They are using the noisiest equipment I have ever heard. My whole flat is rattling. Why would someone do this, especially at a time like this 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I am a teacher and I doubt myself as a mum all the time! Teaching is easier as you have support if you need it. At home there’s no “on call” it’s you 😂 also in secondary it changes every hour so you’re never with the same class too long. Honestly before I was a mum in my head I thought I can control a class of 30 kids how hard can it be ...... then I got my son and I found out! Don’t get me wrong teaching is hard work but I find being a mum more challenging at times.
This! 20 nursery children ages 2-4 but working with other adults in a child friendly setting geared towards their needs, outdoor space if needed and friends to entertain them plus a change of scenery between work and home is easier than being home on my own with 4 of my own constantly.

Reactions: 9
This! 20 nursery children ages 2-4 but working with other adults in a child friendly setting geared towards their needs, outdoor space if needed and friends to entertain them plus a change of scenery between work and home is easier than being home on my own with 4 of my own constantly.
Yeah your right. Early years practitioner, easiest job in the world. I've no reason to complain. Shame I can't work for less than minimum wage to help placate those that think I'm overpaid too...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah your right. Early years practitioner, easiest job in the world. I've no reason to complain. Shame I can't work for less than minimum wage to help placate those that think I'm overpaid too...
I'm a early years practitioner. I'm talking from experience lol.

What I'm saying is this is hard and I'd rather be at work.

Reactions: 7

Shouldn't be long, I'm back at work once Easter hols are finished.

Shame because I'd got ready for 12 weeks off

Reactions: 2
I just watched a video of Nightingale Birmingham (it’s close by to me) being ‘put together’, I became overwhelmed with emotion and started crying! Just amazing what so many people are doing for others during such unprecedented times.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Shouldn't be long, I'm back at work once Easter hols are finished.

Shame because I'd got ready for 12 weeks off
I wouldn't rather be at work with the virus 🙈 sorry I'm not being overly clear, just trying to reassure the parents struggling that this IS hard and is not comparable to school staff, it's different and most of us are struggling too. That's all x

Reactions: 10
I wouldn't rather be at work with the virus 🙈 sorry I'm not being overly clear, just trying to reassure the parents struggling that this IS hard and is not comparable to school staff, it's different and most of us are struggling too. That's all x
I'd rather not be at work either but we are all being taken off Furlough after Easter so I've got no choice.

Not only that we are all working fixed shifts of 715- 615, 5 days a week

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'd rather not be at work either but we are all being taken off Furlough after Easter so I've got no choice.

Not only that we are all working fixed shifts of 715- 615, 5 days a week
Are all the children coming back then or just key children?

Reactions: 1
I find my son doesn't do a thing I tell him, but I only have to say "I'm telling the teacher" an he's "on it " so teachers must hold some kind of secret power even they're not aware of :LOL: Teacher is a bad word in our house (thank God)😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Are all the children coming back then or just key children?
We opened for key worker children, 20 booked in and less than 10 were showing up. Now they are all wanting places again after Easter and they've been told if you book the places and we reopen you have to pay even if they then decide not to come in because we've been taken off Furlough and will need paying.

We are taking children with 1 key worker parent, even if the other is at home and these are the ones that one to send them because they literally have no idea what to do with their own child!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
We opened for key worker children, 20 booked in and less than 10 were showing up. Now they are all wanting places again after Easter and they've been told if you book the places and we reopen you have to pay even if they then decide not to come in because we've been taken off Furlough and will need paying.

We are taking children with 1 key worker parent, even if the other is at home and these are the ones that one to send them because they literally have no idea what to do with their own child!
Our school has been so strict with the rules that if they can be at home then keep them at home so I've been very lucky really. Makes me sad that even though its definitely hard right now some parents would rather send their kids in and put them and others in danger than keep them home safe.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

Are you in the UK, I guess you are as you have mentioned furlough? I’m really surprised by that, is it the head teacher that has made that decision do you know?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.