Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m due to have a new boiler and tank fitted end of April, they text last week to say the work was still scheduled to go ahead and they would deliver the supplies next week

me too...Mary berry throw it all in recipe , never disappoints. Didn’t know you could freeze the bananas?! just chuck in the freezer in a bag and then defrost before using?
I don’t know her recipe. I use the simplyrecipes.com version. It only uses one egg too, and melted butter. They also have variations inc the chocolate version which is 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Ours have set up google classroom ,workpacks and we can email the teacher anytime..
Same here. Timetable, google classroom, six hours of work per day and end of day group call to the class teacher ( who has been amazing) . Virtual pre recorded assembly twice a week. This is for junior Aged child.
Same kind of set up for senior, but a bit more tricky as they have many different subject teachers, although there has been plenty of work to do. Tbh I know that’s not the case for everyone , but our school has made every effort and have also stayed open in the holidays to provide child care for key workers.
Lots of speculation about when schools will re open, I’m thinking September, any earlier is a bonus as long as it’s safe for all involved to do so. The teachers are also real people, with real families and lives. It’s an alien situation for us all.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Well I don't want my kids missing a summer holiday to go to school and catch up on missed time.
If and its a big if, this was all over by then, i would want to take my kids out and let them enjoy the holidays. Go to the beach, woods, park, soft plays and so on. They cant do that now, they are stuck inside.
To be honest i have been talking to my husband about de-registering both of them and home school them for a period should the government want them back in the classroom before i think its safe.
You’re so right! After this is over families need time to readjust and just BE again, let kids spend time away from home having fun, seeing friends for fun, and letting families enjoy freedom again.

Reactions: 18
Asda emailed everyone and said as of the other day you will only be able to see a week in advance.
I looked at the Waitrose site and for some reason they had released slots up to July and they were ALL booked!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I think teachers are doing a phenomenal job under the circumstances, if it wasn’t for them then a lot of us key workers and NHS staff could not do our jobs and then what? Well done teachers, you are just as appreciated as any other profession not given much choice but to get on with it when you’d rather be at home and safe with your own families! 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I looked at the Waitrose site and for some reason they had released slots up to July and they were ALL booked!
They aren’t all booked, they are releasing slots every now and then but say they are booked so you can’t book them.

Reactions: 4
You’re so right! After this is over families need time to readjust and just BE again, let kids spend time away from home having fun, seeing friends for fun, and letting families enjoy freedom again.
Exactly, they need that time adjusting back into normal life and all the expectations that go with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
On Sky News now; Boris still in St Thomas's with persistent symptoms. He's still in good spirits and still working (getting the daily red box). He's being kept in for observation.

I have a feeling they aren't being as honest as they could be with this so not to over panic people.

Reactions: 14
I got a Tesco slot yesterday. Must have just been on the website at the right time as the slot is for this Thursday!

• Wow
On Sky News now; Boris still in St Thomas's with persistent symptoms. He's still in good spirits and still working (getting the daily red box). He's being kept in for observation.

I have a feeling they aren't being as honest as they could be with this so not to over panic people.
Some people need to be panicked though, either that or a rocket up their backside!

Reactions: 14
I have my first shift back at work tonight after being off in self-isolation. I’m going to need aaaaall the coffee. Bit nervous too but eager to crack on with it☕

Some people need to be panicked though, either that or a rocket up their backside!
I agree but stress can lower immune systems too. They probably don't want to encourage unnecessary amounts of panic. Just the PM being hospitalised would be enough to shock sensible people into staying home.

Reactions: 4

Totally agree with this.
If he was mildly ill he would be at home. He’s not like the rest of us and could receive actual care from a Doctor while at home. The only reason he would continue to need to be in Hospital would be for oxygen support/nursing support or observations due to bad test results.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Same here. Timetable, google classroom, six hours of work per day and end of day group call to the class teacher ( who has been amazing) . Virtual pre recorded assembly twice a week. This is for junior Aged child.
Same kind of set up for senior, but a bit more tricky as they have many different subject teachers, although there has been plenty of work to do. Tbh I know that’s not the case for everyone , but our school has made every effort and have also stayed open in the holidays to provide child care for key workers.
Lots of speculation about when schools will re open, I’m thinking September, any earlier is a bonus as long as it’s safe for all involved to do so. The teachers are also real people, with real families and lives. It’s an alien situation for us all.
We've been given plenty of work but they've not given a deadline for things to be completed ,they said everyone has enough to deal with atm.But after Easter they plan to try and have something set up where the teacher can teach via video link (but idk how that will go)but yes there school has been amazing and the teacher has been ringing and emailing steady..

Im sure he’s getting the best care possible. I read that he will be being monitored for pneumonia as his cough and temperature haven’t improved after 10 days. I’m sure it’s precautionary and they are taking no chances. Chris Whitty is also out of isolation and working. He made sure he got back quickly because he didn’t want anyone singing happy birthday on their doorstep for him in a couple of weeks 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My friend received their letter from Boris - does anyone think it’ll have much of an impact? The contents are just a repetition of what we’re being told by the news every day. Older/vulnerable people have received similar letters already. There are adverts outside, on TV and on social media telling us to stay in. Everyone’s talking about it. I don’t think anyone can plead ignorance here. I hope it’ll have an impact but at this point I struggle to believe anyone not already adhering will take it seriously

Reactions: 3
Teachers and all other keyworkers are doing an amazing job adjusting to a completely unprecedented time and I for one have nothing but respect for them all xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just been out shopping to see a pregnant woman with her partner shopping as well 😡😡😡😡 What makes things worse this woman is as far as I would of been (had a miscarriage last year). I definitely wouldn’t be out at this time!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.