Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else noticed the supermarkets don’t seem to be running as many offers right now? There’s things I always buy that are half price or whatever in at least one of the supermarkets each week on rotation but I seem to be seeing most things are full price right now. ???
A friend works in Tesco and said they stopped the majority of offers because of the rationing they just couldn't do both. Stopped about 2 weeks ago

• Sad
Reactions: 1
had no idea about this didn’t hear much about it in the press? Maybe I missed it. Personally it’s making my life a lot harder I’m struggling for money like a lot of us are and am ending up with not much food because everything is full price 😞
Can you swap supermarkets? I normally shop at morrisons or sainsbury's but now I'm doing it at asda or aldi, I find I'm getting the same amount of stuff for around the same price

I saw someone say their child’s school teacher had spoke to them and said they are planning to start school again in June, obviously that could all change though!
Also I had an email from the National trust saying payments can be froze for 3 months, thought that may help someone ☺
I would love that if they adjusted the summer holidays so how. Wouldn't seem right having 6 weeks off after all this. Sadly I think September.

Can you swap supermarkets? I normally shop at morrisons or sainsbury's but now I'm doing it at asda or aldi, I find I'm getting the same amount of stuff for around the same price
wish I could. I have no transport and the big Asda is a bus ride away which right now seems like unnecessary travel. Can’t get an online slot either. The only big supermarket in walking distance is Morrison 😞 I cant understand why this isn’t being talked about more in general? Surely it’s making things worse for those struggling with money. Everything is limited now anyway so having offers on wouldn’t really make a difference. Sorry to rant I’m just getting more and more frustrated with this.

Reactions: 7
I would love that if they adjusted the summer holidays so how. Wouldn't seem right having 6 weeks off after all this. Sadly I think September.
Whilst this would be ideal it would be really tricky to do, school staff are still entitled to their holidays as most are working from home or still in school. We'd have to restructure the whole year as there's no way kids could last from summer - October half term without needing a break, which would then have yet another knock on effect for following years. In conclusion - this has thrown many a curve ball for schools!!M

Reactions: 10
We have warm weather from Sunday for a week, I really do fear people are going to break lockdown. I think Boris needs to make lockdown tougher before it’s too late.

I really hope Chris Whitty is ok, very worrying there’s been no news on him.
I live near the main road leading from the north east to the Lincolnshire coast and it's been seasonally busy today.... 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Today has pretty much pushed me into a full blown panic attack, I haven’t had one for at least 6 years, panicking more because my bloody chest feels tight (I know it’s the anxiety!) but these number genuinely scare me, most of my family are key workers inc my husband, I really feel like telling him to stay home 😢
It's so hard isn't it, when you still have a husband going out to work- mine too and it just fills me with dread 😕

had no idea about this didn’t hear much about it in the press? Maybe I missed it. Personally it’s making my life a lot harder I’m struggling for money like a lot of us are and am ending up with not much food because everything is full price 😞
I think it was glossed over, people were too obsessed with stockpiling loo roll. It’s definitely going to make things harder for people when it’s already tough enough. I did our first shop in two weeks and went to Sainsbury’s as wanted some things I know also doesn’t stock and didn’t want to be going round the shops and boy did I notice a difference at the checkout

Does anyone else feel really weird and emotional after that conference? Feels very strange today for some reason

Reactions: 8
This won't happen as teachers have been working or working through easter holidays and for most cases schools are still open for key worker children so cant see them cutting summer holidays as not only would it mess with next years school year and start/end dates but also exam seasons, more workload for teachers as more work for kids would be needed etc. Also, the teachers/dinner ladies/cleaners all going in as normal will need a break after all this chaos.

Reactions: 4
We have warm weather from Sunday for a week, I really do fear people are going to break lockdown. I think Boris needs to make lockdown tougher before it’s too late.

I really hope Chris Whitty is ok, very worrying there’s been no news on him.
I live in Snowdonia, and it was ridiculously busy here 2 weeks ago....busier than a bank holiday, despite the lockdown 😡
The weather is meant to be lovely this weekend, but noone better even think about venturing here....the police are clamping down on anyone coming across the border and turning them back

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Does anyone else feel really weird and emotional after that conference? Feels very strange today for some reason
The part where they were talking about people dying alone and without family and how NHS staff were keeping phones charged etc had be bawling!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Awfully sad news conference with the emotional tribute to our so very brave NHS staff who have lost their lives. 😭 Things are so much worse than we could ever have imagined with no end in sight.
Also concerned where Dr Chris Whitty is and why no one has asked the question!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.