Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My two year old thought he was just getting the chance to piss about in the garden in his pjs. Hubby got an earful when it was time to bring him in and he realised it was actually bedtime. 😬😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My mum walked to the end of the drive to thank people for staying in. Wonder if she doesn't realise they're clapping for the whole NHS and not just her. This is giving her too much of an ego for my liking :ROFLMAO:

I'm joking I love her forever and I'm so thankful but Jesus Christ that was cringey!!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
non essential, hospitality worker here and I was told start of this week I am off till end of May atleast. Then it will be reviewed then
Thank you - I'm hoping they will just review it next week when boris does the review just seems a bit naive to re open when we havent hit the peak yet 😔

My mum walked to the end of the drive to thank people for staying in. Wonder if she doesn't realise they're clapping for the whole NHS and not just her. This is giving her too much of an ego for my liking :ROFLMAO:

I'm joking I love her forever and I'm so thankful but Jesus Christ that was cringey!!
Hahaha I love this

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Not a chance hospitality and shops will be opening next week, literally not a chance. We haven’t even hit the peak never mind come back to a manageable level.

Its actually crazy to believe we will be less locked down in a weeks time.

In other news I’m being furloughed from tomorrow so I need some hobbies. What do you guys to to pass the days if you aren’t working?

Reactions: 6
wasn't even loud here. Heard a few claps but they'd done by 8:01...
There were more out doing it down my road this week. Full on whoops and whistles. Fireworks again too.

I usually hate virtue signalling type nonsense and I wasn't that keen on it last week but I actually felt weirdly cheered by it tonight.
Maybe it was just cos I missed it (was on the loo - oops) and what I actually felt was a desperate sense of FOMO at the closest thing to a party that there will be until 2021 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Went for a walk earlier, had to go to the pharmacy to get my daughter's medication an decided to walk as it's only 10 minutes.

It was busier on both the roads and streets than it usually is. Felt so disheartened. I'm sure they though the same of me - wondering why I'm out with my kids but saw so many kids on the field and cars out and about.

Reactions: 3
They sent me info regarding the furloughed scheme and then at the end of the email said I had to return to work 15th april! Makes no sense to me at all? Theres so much conflicting info on the gov website saying we have to stay at home protect the NHS stay 2m apart dont meet friends but now my work want to re open! Such a confusing time 😔
Bizarre. My company have only just started to furlough people so it's only been agreed today.

Yel

duck the clapping was grim, it's gone down so much in a week and we're barely into this. Not many people clapping on Jeremy Corbyn s Islington street and they had a sky camera set up there. Makes me a bit concerned just how quickly the public opinion is going to change.

I missed it live as there was no clapping or fireworks here unlike last week.

Reactions: 5
Went for a walk earlier, had to go to the pharmacy to get my daughter's medication an decided to walk as it's only 10 minutes.

It was busier on both the roads and streets than it usually is. Felt so disheartened. I'm sure they though the same of me - wondering why I'm out with my kids but saw so many kids on the field and cars out and about.
I’ve noticed when I’ve gone out for a daily walk that the roads have got busier over the last couple of days. I’m hoping it’s not that people have stopped taking it seriously.

Reactions: 8
I’ve noticed when I’ve gone out for a daily walk that the roads have got busier over the last couple of days. I’m hoping it’s not that people have stopped taking it seriously.
Its my week on at work this week and I travel about 30 mins and I've noticed in each town I pass through the number of people out has increased each night on my way home. Counted 25 people on one (not very long) stretch of road tonight.

Reactions: 4
It was still pretty loud where I am in London... Not that far from corbyn's constituency as it goes - not sure exactly why that's relevant? It was loud but half the volume and length of last week. But that's inevitable, it's no longer a novelty, I knew that would be the case. People are keen for it because there's so little else to do in the evenings now and it's good for morale but no one is claiming its going to do much more. It will be probably quieter each week unless something dramatically bad happens but I don't think that really signifies much.

duck the clapping was grim, it's gone down so much in a week and we're barely into this. Not many people clapping on Jeremy Corbyn s Islington street and they had a sky camera set up there. Makes me a bit concerned just how quickly the public opinion is going to change.

I missed it live as there was no clapping or fireworks here unlike last week.
I think it's a case of ALL or nothing. I haven't clapped either night - I would've clapped out of my window both times but my son both times was begging to be nursed to sleep, so I wasn't able to. Had his bedroom window open so I could hear but just heard a few claps for about a minute before everyone obviously went inside.

Just a few claps for a minute or so is sad. People will get bored of it. I say do it again in a few weeks when we're at the peak and more people have realised how huge this is, I'm sure people will have more appreciative noise to make then.

I’m hoping it’s not that people have stopped taking it seriously.
Think it is tbh
Waited outside the pharmacy for my daughter's prescription and someone stood close to me, one of the staff asked if he could move away from me and my kids (I was about to move, or ask him to move away a little) and he rolled his eyes and moved even closer to me. In the end I just moved and he was smirking a little. Some people are just bloody ignorant!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
everyone seemed to have upped their clapping game round here, we had banging pots and pans tonight!

I spoke to a practice nurse friend today. She said it’s changing every day who they can see in surgery. She also said they’re thinking 6 weeks from now for the peak to hit. Which sounds about right to me.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
That's what the government said would happen if they brought the lockdown in to early ,people would get fed up and wouldn't comply..think what it's going to be like in the coming weeks/months 🤷‍♀️

Think it is tbh
Waited outside the pharmacy for my daughter's prescription and someone stood close to me, one of the staff asked if he could move away from me and my kids (I was about to move, or ask him to move away a little) and he rolled his eyes and moved even closer to me. In the end I just moved and he was smirking a little. Some people are just bloody ignorant!
You should have started coughing he wouldn't have been long moving then..

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I spoke to a practice nurse friend today. She said it’s changing every day who they can see in surgery. She also said they’re thinking 6 weeks from now for the peak to hit. Which sounds about right to me.
I heard they think Easter weekend?! Six weeks is so far away, think of all those lives lost :'( In the nicest way possible I hope your friend is wrong!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.