Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry you're feeling so rough.

Do you have anyone to help look after you?

Omg I still remember the Kat slater days. Brookside anyone? I just used to watch with my mother I wasn't a real fan.
I miss brookside so bad hahahaha

Reactions: 5
Where are people getting the info from suggesting that restrictions will be lifted by next week? I can't see that happening anytime soon myself
Not do I and I if anything it’s going to be tightened. The weather is meant to beautiful this weekend so I can imagine the idiots will be out in droves 😩 This is going to get worse before it gets better

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I actually think Matt Hancock looked quite well and put himself across well there🤷🏻‍♀️
Reports Boris is still suffering a little

Reactions: 8
This is the longest press conference to date. It’s been on over an hour now!

Matt seems to like the sound of his own voice as he’s even answering the questions posed to the two Professors!

One Professor was asked if it makes a difference to wear a mask but never got to answer it because Matt took over.

Reactions: 1
How many lives we can personally save by staying at home?

They also have a food calculator:

It's okay but doesn't take into account if your a vegetarian or not + forgets real chocolate which is essential. :ROFLMAO:
Well according to that, for 2 weeks, we will need 79 eggs, 6 packs of pasta, 13 bags of rice, 17 tins of tomatoes and that’s just from the “can’t buy around here“ items. The rest on the list are just as bad because there is no way I’d be allowed to buy 7 packs of mince and 7 loaves. This is just for my household and not taking into account that I shop for my dad and mother in law.

This is the longest press conference to date. It’s been on over an hour now!

Matt seems to like the sound of his own voice as he’s even answering the questions posed to the two Professors!

One Professor was asked if it makes a difference to wear a mask but never got to answer it because Matt took over.

Agreed. I also didn't like Matt's vague answer to the domestic violence question. Clearly he is not prepared and hasn't thought of any steps to take re this matter. He said: "I will think of something" or something like that. Why did the reporter have to point this out to him for him to actually start thinking of the domestic violence victims!

Reactions: 6
Agreed. I also didn't like Matt's vague answer to the domestic violence question. Clearly he is not prepared and hasn't thought of any steps to take re this matter. He said: "I will think of something" or something like that. Why did the reporter have to point this out to him for him to actually start thinking of the domestic violence victims!
I agree.

I liked his answer about the poor premiership footballers having their pay cut!

Yel

I'm presuming this is a parody? Airbnb has really compounded the housing problems many cities have

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know where I could source some of the plastic face shield things from? As you know my mum works in ITU and has just casually said 'I need one of those as I can't wear the protective goggles over my glasses'. The hospital have NONE. The thought of her not having proper PPE is making this so much worse!!

This place are really good for PPE and delivery. Try giving them a ring and hopefully you'll find something for your mum.

Reactions: 6

This place are really good for PPE and delivery. Try giving them a ring and hopefully you'll find something for your mum.
thank you. And thanks to @Yel too - I didn’t know about the hotline - I’ve been working this week so out of the loop! Thanks 😘

Reactions: 3
I know the Daily Mail is BS, but I can’t help getting really panicky about their reports of individual deaths with no underlying conditions. I think the problem is that I don’t read it as ‘x person died’, I somewhat unconsciously read it as ‘this is proof you’ll die’ 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
Thing is, at that point when they/the family are reporting, often the postmortem hasn't even been carried out. They could have an underlying condition that they didn't even know of. I try to ignore those reports as the DM already fucked up reporting that a 21 year old without underlying conditions died, then it turned out she had asthma and then the hospital came forward and said that she hadn't even tested positive for covid.

Actually there are some on Amazon.
Couldn't believe it, we were in our basement a few days ago and found some unopened N95 masks from when my husband was doing work in the house last summer.

Reactions: 8
@Viewer1901
These are on ebay
I was looking for ages on eBay last night, if you click the sellers name you can see, like this one, about 99% of these are based in China (they'll take much longer to be delivered as stated, I've bought before from similar and it's been weeks/months despite stating it's in the UK).

I was looking for ages on eBay last night, if you click the sellers name you can see, like this one, about 99% of these are based in China (they'll take much longer to be delivered as stated, I've bought before from similar and it's been weeks/months despite stating it's in the UK).
Oh no! Will have another 👀

Wait is it really clapping pt2 tonight? This is every week?? 😂 duck

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Thing is, at that point when they/the family are reporting, often the postmortem hasn't even been carried out. They could have an underlying condition that they didn't even know of. I try to ignore those reports as the DM already fucked up reporting that a 21 year old without underlying conditions died, then it turned out she had asthma and then the hospital came forward and said that she hadn't even tested positive for covid.
I find that it’s the ones who set up Go Fund me pages that are the ones who come forward saying the person has died from it even before they have proof.

I’ve seen 4 today. One died at home and they never even rang 111 but it still says they’ve died from it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Is anyone currently off work because their company has closed but been informed that they must return to work in the next week or so as they are reopening? I've been told I have to go back to work in less than 2 weeks. I am a non essential worker
non essential, hospitality worker here and I was told start of this week I am off till end of May atleast. Then it will be reviewed then

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.