Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Wait is it really clapping pt2 tonight? This is every week?? 😂 duck
I was pretty cynical but it was hillarious watching the clap televised. So I've done a 360 and am now looking forward to it.

Get your soup pans, dustbin lids and fireworks ready 💥😁

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is anyone currently off work because their company has closed but been informed that they must return to work in the next week or so as they are reopening? I've been told I have to go back to work in less than 2 weeks. I am a non essential worker
Our company (non essential) had the infrastructure for 90% of staff to work at home and since lock down the office has been completely shut to even IT etc. No sign of reopening soon. I'm due back from mat leave at the end of April but have agreed to be furloughed for all of May too. Presumably will be reassessed then depending on what happens between now and then.

Reactions: 1
Unfortunately she turned up as planned and arranged to say her goodbyes... but they turned her away. They are heartbroken
Oh that’s so so sad. Your poor aunt and family. Thinking of everybody is this position. Sending love xx

Reactions: 6
Thing is, at that point when they/the family are reporting, often the postmortem hasn't even been carried out. They could have an underlying condition that they didn't even know of. I try to ignore those reports as the DM already fucked up reporting that a 21 year old without underlying conditions died, then it turned out she had asthma and then the hospital came forward and said that she hadn't even tested positive for covid.
I needed this perspective ❤ thank you!

Reactions: 5
I can't believe we're at almost 3,000 deaths in the UK from COVID-19. I honestly cannot fathom it.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Does anyone know where I could source some of the plastic face shield things from? As you know my mum works in ITU and has just casually said 'I need one of those as I can't wear the protective goggles over my glasses'. The hospital have NONE. The thought of her not having proper PPE is making this so much worse!!
I seen someone had made one from a cola bottle. Used a bandage to tie it to head. Sound crazy but it worked.

Reactions: 4
I seen someone had made one from a cola bottle. Used a bandage to tie it to head. Sound crazy but it worked.
Where I live the students from the local college have made hundreds using a 3d printer ,they've given them round the care homes

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was pretty cynical but it was hillarious watching the clap televised. So I've done a 360 and am now looking forward to it.

Not got any fireworks but Ive got a bell.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

and if you’re an influencer, the tissues and best Instagram filter at the ready....

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is anyone currently off work because their company has closed but been informed that they must return to work in the next week or so as they are reopening? I've been told I have to go back to work in less than 2 weeks. I am a non essential worker
Yes this is what’s happening - they’re getting workers back in.

Reactions: 1
anyone watching Tonight ...Trump and the virus...shocking ! his former spokesman said he's mentally deranged has a personality disorder and low self esteem..There's footage of them loading bodies into a lorry with a forklift. disgusting the way those people have been abandoned:mad:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
The clapping made my toddler cry. She is incredibly ungrateful for someone who wouldn’t be here without the NHS 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Our company (non essential) had the infrastructure for 90% of staff to work at home and since lock down the office has been completely shut to even IT etc. No sign of reopening soon. I'm due back from mat leave at the end of April but have agreed to be furloughed for all of May too. Presumably will be reassessed then depending on what happens between now and then.
They sent me info regarding the furloughed scheme and then at the end of the email said I had to return to work 15th april! Makes no sense to me at all? Theres so much conflicting info on the gov website saying we have to stay at home protect the NHS stay 2m apart dont meet friends but now my work want to re open! Such a confusing time 😔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.