Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My brother is working at a London hospital, just helping out even though he's still a third year medical student. Today Gordon Ramsey sent lunch for everyone.
His PR department had a word with him then.
that’s good 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ok but the rest of us are probably gonna call it “ringing in 2021” 😐

I can’t with the idiots who think they’ll be in Ministry of Sound on Easter weekend, roll out of there at 3am and get McDonald’s on the way home.
That’s fine I don’t care when the party is but planning it in my head is getting me through 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Does anyone know why the UKs total recovered (135) is a hell of a lot lower than other countries?
I don’t know maybe they have only got around to compiling a list now. As for China’s figures they should totally be disregarded!!!

Reactions: 5
Is anyone currently off work because their company has closed but been informed that they must return to work in the next week or so as they are reopening? I've been told I have to go back to work in less than 2 weeks. I am a non essential worker

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Since we’re not doing days anymore I propose we break hours up into

- coffee hours
- Wine hours
- Eating yesterdays lasagna out of the microwave package/bin hours
- ice cream hours
- dry cereal from a box hours
- pj hours
- “dressy” pj hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ive been wondering how a ladys husband is on here. She was complaining he was going to cheltenham.
hey - that was me I think (maybe amongst others!).
We are fine thanks - touch wood he hasn’t had any symptoms. Was a bit run down for a few days after so we self isolated but I’m pretty sure that was down to two days of being on the lash. Never any cough or temperature. He also did as I asked and didn’t use any cash and used the sanitiser I sent him with regularly.
I found myself getting too consumed by it all so have tried to limit to occasional reading of these threads. I’m feeling much better than I was before this all started (I see it as having my breakdown before the country caught up) and I’m actually doing pretty well at being pragmatic. Definitely avoiding the numbers because without context they’re just panicking everyone, myself included. I was fully expecting to see these sorts of numbers by now so that’s helping. Still awful.
We have driven to MIL, stepson and my grandparents. Let ourselves in to the garden and sat more than 2m away from the elderly lot and just stayed in the car on the drive for his son. They’re all worried sick, needed supplies of various sorts and also needed reassurance. He also can’t NOT see his son. Not making a habit of it at all but consider these essential visits (we did gardens because then our oldies could sit down rather than stand at their doors) and will probably need to do it weekly (keeping all to the same day so we aren’t out unnecessarily). It’s difficult but I think this is within guidelines especially as it keeps our older folk from going out at all. We haven’t discussed the possibility of his son coming to stay yet, although his mum isn’t even allowing him out of the house.
My husband isn’t going in to shops or seeing anyone - he works from home mainly anyway but as a property developer so the economy is his biggest concern - very worrying times and qualifies for zero government help. Pretty much every tenant of his is trying it on whether they can pay their rent or not. 🙄
I’m following extra hygiene precautions and only going once per week (avoiding the big shops, luckily our express / locals have been ok for what we or family have needed). Working from home but job seems secure enough for the time being. Becoming pretty heavily involved with my local mutual aid group has been a god send for me mentally - giving me focus and an outlet to feel like I’m doing something to help. The last three weeks of working from home have actually gone fairly quickly. Hoping some level of normality to be back by summer though I think it’ll be next year before things are fully OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Since we’re not doing days anymore I propose we break hours up into

- coffee hours
- Wine hours
- Eating yesterdays lasagna out of the microwave package/bin hours
- ice cream hours
- dry cereal from a box hours
- pj hours
- “dressy” pj hours.
My day today.
Faffing about on Tattle & reddit.
Breakfast - cake
snack - Nesquik cereal bar
Faffing about on Tattle
Skype therapy session.
Procrastinating until 3.20pm.
Studying for 1h30 mins.
Making pasta and wishing I had sun dried tomatoes.
Faffing about on Tattle.

(I know I live in a privileged bubble )

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Boris kind of implied that.... people on the school WhatsApp group are thinking similar and I’m like end of June if we’re absolutely lucky and probably sept realistically and there’s nothing to say we won’t go back into lock down over next winter.
2020 sure is a weird year to remember
I'll think they'll continue as is with the soft immunity tbh ,can't see anything big being lifted anytime soon

Don't give them ideas! Now the market for setting fire to a pile of scented money* is over, they'll need new businesses.
*candles/wax melts
My friend just sent me this 😂 I wouldn't advise buying one ..for "anyone missing the pub"😂
91561489_3279552998740940_3165566647213752320_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Yep 4 months in. We've had:

American & Iranian beef as my year 7 lingo went.
The Australian fires.
This.

+Brexit to look forward too.

Reactions: 1
My Day so far.... I started with Corona symptoms last Thursday and 111 confirmed diagnosis based on symptoms. As today is day 7 and I am so over being in bed and thought I was feeling better... I decided to get up and have a shower. Big mistake. I had to sit on the bath and rest before and after and my hair is like straw as I didn’t have the energy to condition it. So I am now back on the bed resting again. But... I do now fit @Oohthedrama “dressy pj” category now. I am wearing kat slater stylee leopard print ones 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I'll think they'll continue as is with the soft immunity tbh ,can't see anything big being lifted anytime soon

My friend just sent me this 😂 I wouldn't advise buying one ..for "anyone missing the pub"😂View attachment 103007
Just need to get rid of the farts bit and put warm undertones somewhere and it would fly off the shelves xDD

And storms and floods. The Gods are not happy with us! :eek:
Ooh I honestly forgot about Ciara and dennis.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Okay am I completely missing something? Why do people think things will begin to open up in a few weeks?! Where are they getting this from?

My husbands just been issued with a letter explaining why he’s travelling as he’s a key worker. To me that screams harder lockdown!

Are we talking about people in the UK going back to school and work in less than a fortnight?

The 3 week review was to see if what we were doing was enough. If we all go back to normal this lockdown would be a complete waste of time and we might as well have just carried on 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 24
Ok so I've just got back from shopping hardly anyone had masks or gloves on :oops: is this because the GOV keep saying we dont need them? .There was some pasta :m but still no hand wash, anti bac wipes and hardly any eggs.
Sorry but where and how do you expect people to buy masks from? There are none anywhere. Completely sold out. And regarding the gloves- as someone mentioned earlier here, these gloves are pointless unless you change them each time you touch something new. Otherwise it's exactly the same as not wearing any gloves and then just washing hands.

Reactions: 5
My Day so far.... I started with Corona symptoms last Thursday and 111 confirmed diagnosis based on symptoms. As today is day 7 and I am so over being in bed and thought I was feeling better... I decided to get up and have a shower. Big mistake. I had to sit on the bath and rest before and after and my hair is like straw as I didn’t have the energy to condition it. So I am now back on the bed resting again. But... I do now fit @Oohthedrama “dressy pj” category now. I am wearing kat slater stylee leopard print ones 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'm sorry you're feeling so rough.

Do you have anyone to help look after you?

Omg I still remember the Kat slater days. Brookside anyone? I just used to watch with my mother I wasn't a real fan.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.