Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
see I get that but it still seems like a huge gap and I’m sure it’s been 135 for a long time. I don’t think we are a couple of weeks behind all the countries that have a higher recovery figure? I hope whatever the reason we see a bigger jump soon 🙏🏻
I did read that Germany were testing a wider variety of people including those who came back from northern Italy with the virus. Those people were very fit and healthy skiers so fought off the virus fairly easily. The U.K. is only testing people who are so ill they have to go to hospital, often because they already have underlying conditions, so they’re probably much slower to recover? I’m sure if we tested the fit and healthy people with mild symptoms who are currently being told just to self isolate then our recovery figures would look more promising

I’m not sure how often the recovered figures update for the U.K. but it does seem odd that it’s been stuck for a while :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
They are being lifted, I have tried to explain this earlier. By next week you will see but these people have been advised they can start to work again / they’ve all been issued letters hence why we are all being contacted again by them
Who has been advised they can start to work again?

Reactions: 3
Ok so I've just got back from shopping hardly anyone had masks or gloves on :oops: is this because the GOV keep saying we dont need them? .There was some pasta :m but still no hand wash, anti bac wipes and hardly any eggs.
I've never worn a mask as from the beginning they said they didn't help. I don't wear gloves either as health care professionals have mentioned it's better to just wash your hands than wear gloves.

However, when I went shopping on Tuesday, one shop did have some gloves on a table by the baskets so I put some on!

I notice a lot of people wearing gloves but only one or two have masks on.

I managed to get pasta on Tuesday which was the first time I had seen any in two weeks. Got a hand wash but it's not an anti bac one. Didn't see any wipes but there were eggs. The latest thing that seems to be selling out is flour and baking goods.

Reactions: 4
Ppl are complaining at the Wren kitchen factory. They shouldn't be at work but wren are saying they are essential as some ppl have no kitchens
His one closed for 8 weeks as of yesterday but they’ve managed to get this out just in time. It’s literally the bare minimum to get him through so nothing like he’s ordered/wanted st the moment.

My partner was saying this guy had a perfectly useable kitchen to see him through but he didn’t want to wait

Some sad news today :( one of my best friends her Nan tested positive last week and sadly it’s not looking good. I’m gutted for her, her mum is the nans carer and she’s not good either but hasn’t been tested as has been trying to Manage at home, but she’s taken a turn for the worst. Worryingly her dad has COPD.

Her Nan had a carer in the morning (she suffers from dementia) who phoned the doctor last week as she’s had all the symptoms they said it was a chest infection. Her breathing got worse so they called an ambulance they rushed her in and it came back on Tuesday positive. They’ve been contacted to say someone can come and say goodbye just one of them. So an aunt has been allowed to go but has to wear full protection.

So sad

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I've never worn a mask as from the beginning they said they didn't help. I don't wear gloves either as health care professionals have mentioned it's better to just wash your hands than wear gloves.

However, when I went shopping on Tuesday, one shop did have some gloves on a table by the baskets so I put some on!

I notice a lot of people wearing gloves but only one or two have masks on.

I managed to get pasta on Tuesday which was the first time I had seen any in two weeks. Got a hand wash but it's not an anti bac one. Didn't see any wipes but there were eggs. The latest thing that seems to be selling out is flour and baking goods.
Im in Cardiff. Haven't seen anyone wearing masks or gloves in the supermarket. Last week I went to asda and this week to Aldi. Both shops were fully stocked with everything including pasta, toilet roll, hand wash and wipes.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
His one closed for 8 weeks as of yesterday but they’ve managed to get this out just in time. It’s literally the bare minimum to get him through so nothing like he’s ordered/wanted st the moment.

My partner was saying this guy had a perfectly useable kitchen to see him through but he didn’t want to wait

Some sad news today :( one of my best friends her Nan tested positive last week and sadly it’s not looking good. I’m gutted for her, her mum is the nans carer and she’s not good either but hasn’t been tested as has been trying to Manage at home, but she’s taken a turn for the worst. Worryingly her dad has COPD.

Her Nan had a carer in the morning (she suffers from dementia) who phoned the doctor last week as she’s had all the symptoms they said it was a chest infection. Her breathing got worse so they called an ambulance they rushed her in and it came back on Tuesday positive. They’ve been contacted to say someone can come and say goodbye just one of them. So an aunt has been allowed to go but has to wear full protection.

So sad
That’s so sad but I’m so glad they’re allowing somebody in there to be with them.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Where are people getting the info from suggesting that restrictions will be lifted by next week? I can't see that happening anytime soon myself

Reactions: 12
Where are people getting the info from suggesting that restrictions will be lifted by next week? I can't see that happening anytime soon myself
i think people are assuming as people believe that after 3 weeks it’ll be reviewed and be lighter restrictions🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 9
i think people are assuming as people believe that after 3 weeks it’ll be reviewed and be lighter restrictions🤦🏻‍♀️
Boris kind of implied that.... people on the school WhatsApp group are thinking similar and I’m like end of June if we’re absolutely lucky and probably sept realistically and there’s nothing to say we won’t go back into lock down over next winter.
2020 sure is a weird year to remember

• Sad
Reactions: 12
It’s like the “what’s the first thing you’re gonna do after lockdown” tweets.

witch please you’ll probably be shopping for Christmas decorations let’s accept that and move the duck on. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I haven’t left the house for nearly 3 weeks now... I’m debating taking the kids for a little walk where we live is pretty quiet.

I’m anxious just putting something in bin outside!

I feel like my mental health has plummeted :(
Definitely go for a walk, as long as you stay away from people and all wash your hands as soon as you get home you'll be ok, it's really helping my mental health right now while my ocd is off the charts.

Reactions: 9
Someone on my Facebook just said she had a call from her little girls school to say school will be open after Easter?!

she loves to bullshit so I’m not taking this as gospel

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Boris kind of implied that.... people on the school WhatsApp group are thinking similar and I’m like end of June if we’re absolutely lucky and probably sept realistically and there’s nothing to say we won’t go back into lock down over next winter.
2020 sure is a weird year to remember
i suppose it depends how you take things. I saw it as a way to say that it’ll get tighter, not better. 3 weeks isn’t enough to make a dent yet surely!
Someone on my Facebook just said she had a call from her little girls school to say school will be open after Easter?!

she loves to bullshit so I’m not taking this as gospel
My sons preschool emailed saying they’ll be in touch after Easter to sort September sessions. So I’m assuming there’s not more academic year (for us, at least)

Reactions: 2
I dont get this virus at all. As I said my mums friend/boss died of it, yet his wife who has a low imune system after having cancer never caught it.

Sadly shes not allowed to see him and will only be told hes been cremated after its happened.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Does anyone know if and when they are sending out the school admissions for primary school

Reactions: 1
I think I saw someone in the last thread say it was because it takes two weeks to recover (or be deemed ‘recovered’ at least). The U.K. is a couple of weeks behind some other countries so many people have been infected only recently and are still in the process of recovery
You also have to have two clear test results before they say you are recovered. At least that's how it is in Canada.

Reactions: 1
It’s like the “what’s the first thing you’re gonna do after lockdown”

witch please you’ll probably be shopping for Christmas decorations let’s accept that and move the duck on. 😐
I’m having a party! I don’t care that my husband is anti social and we don’t do parties at home 😂 I’m having one. I also got him to promise me a nights stay at the savoy when I was in labour 😂 I thought I’m gonna exploit this situation 😂
Although I do have to remember I now have three children and the likelihood of getting somebody to look after 3 is slim 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m having a party! I don’t care that my husband is anti social and we don’t do parties at home 😂 I’m having one. I also got him to promise me a nights stay at the savoy when I was in labour 😂 I thought I’m gonna exploit this situation 😂
Ok but the rest of us are probably gonna call it “ringing in 2021” 😐

I can’t with the idiots who think they’ll be in Ministry of Sound on Easter weekend, roll out of there at 3am and get McDonald’s on the way home.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Ok but the rest of us are probably gonna call it “ringing in 2021” 😐

I can’t with the idiots who think they’ll be in Ministry of Sound on Easter weekend, roll out of there at 3am and get McDonald’s on the way home.
I really hope we are in lockdown longer cos i want the virus to do one before we get back to any normality

Reactions: 15
My brother is working at a London hospital, just helping out even though he's still a third year medical student. Today Gordon Ramsey sent lunch for everyone.

The Love cocoa ( from the Cadbury family ) also pledged to match and donate every chocolate bar sold between the weekend of the 21st of march.

Also seen the Shortbread house of Edinburgh donate biscuits too.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.