Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

300 new vents from China today, so that's a total of 330 delivered this week from what they've said.

I think they'll ramp up to 120'000 vents (from 8000) in 2-3 months, then start to unlockdown as it can't be contained but they'll have the equipment to care for people and at risk people will be told to carry on isolating.

Reactions: 6
I’m getting Rishi withdrawals! I find I don’t pay attention to Gove, he’s just background noise
My brain switches off as soon as Gove opens his mouth. I'd rather just read online updates when it's him.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know all deaths are awful but the 5 year old, that’s heartbreaking.

the poor family. Nobody should ever, ever have to experience this in their lifetime.

just to add, I hate saying it, but they need to release details like this, stupid people still believe it will only kill the old folk, like that’s some consolation.
and I give it a week before people get bored and start breaking rules.

Put her face and every child who’s lost their life on every paper and website for weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Omg a 5 year old 💔 Absolutely broke my heart. Gone for a quick cry in the toilet whilst listening to me two children play 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 15
The news of the 5 year old has tipped me over the edge. I have an almost 5 year old and I just keep thinking it could be him. That poor baby, and their poor parents, my heart goes out to them all. What a cruel disease this is. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I want to know how Whitty is and where Vallance has gone.
Jenny Harries hasn't been on for a while either?

I know all deaths are awful but the 5 year old, that’s heartbreaking.

the poor family. Nobody should ever, ever have to experience this in their lifetime.

just to add, I hate saying it, but they need to release details like this, stupid people still believe it will only kill the old folk, like that’s some consolation.
and I give it a week before people get bored and start breaking rules.

Put her face and every child who’s lost their life on every paper and website for weeks.
Unfortunately the 5 year old had underlying health conditions so was possibly already in hospital but it's sad to know so many are catching it while in hospital.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
What are the predictions for what will happen after 14 April? I was foolishly under the impression that maybe we would have ended lockdown after only two weeks before Easter because two weeks of intense isolation would have flattened the curve, not realising that the lockdown will have to go on for those three weeks or more even because the pandemic is unpredictable.

Do you think it's possible this strict lockdown will have to continue for more weeks until the transmission of COVID 19 reduces or will it just be a case of social distancing and things could slowly back to how they were before COVID 19 was even in the UK?

How long did China have to maintain isolation in Wuhan?
I wouldn't class this as an intense lockdown by any means, certainly not one that people are taking note of.

I genuinely cannot see a difference in my area, especially now its Easter holidays.

Spain have extended theirs until end of April and they are stricter than ours with curfews and leaving home.

Reactions: 11
Jenny Harries hasn't been on for a while either?

Unfortunately the 5 year old had underlying health conditions so was possibly already in hospital but it's sad to know so many are catching it while in hospital.
I know that, but a lot of kids do, from asthma to diabetes to cancer,
it doesn’t mean it’s not a 5 year old who’s died?

most people are picturing some 86 year old with medical conditions leaving their nursing home and passing away in ICU, sad but it’s almost seen as understandable.

there are a lot of kids with underlying conditions. It’s not rare. Age doesn’t protect you.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Husband just seen a video on fb not sure where in the uk but it's from today. A canal is rammed with people walking down it and on the boats.

Just took dogs for walk I live on army Barracks an people are down the fuckin field playing tennis and sun bathing 😡

Some people in this country disgust me.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
In my anxious state, not helped by a lingering migraine, I'm worrying about 'underlying health conditions' I might have that I don't know about or if the things I do have will put me at risk.... then I feel selfish because I haven't even got it or being directly affected by it but the chance of death, any cause of death, is at the forefront of my mind daily now 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I know that, but a lot of kids do, from asthma to diabetes to cancer,
it doesn’t mean it’s not a 5 year old who’s died?

most people are picturing some 86 year old with medical conditions leaving their nursing home and passing away in ICU, sad but it’s almost seen as understandable.

there are a lot of kids with underlying conditions. It’s not rare. Age doesn’t protect you.
I agree but they release daily the age range of the victims and how many died who were healthy. It was 40 people who died yesterday that had no underlying health conditions. I think most of us are now aware that it doesn't discriminate and any age are dying from it and not just those with underlying health conditions. However, if you look at the charts, the biggest age range of those dying are the elderly.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hearing about that poor little 5 year old pushed me over the edge 💔 I have a 5 year old and the thought of him getting it terrifies me :cry:
Someone I follow on Instagram said her childrens school was planning lessons for a possible June reopening, but I suppose if they don't go back then they'll have to deliver them online instead. My MIL works in a college and she said the earliest she'll go back to work is June but it could be September.
However if they start to lift restrictions and more people go back to work then surely more children will be going back to school?

• Sad
In my anxious state, not helped by a lingering migraine, I'm worrying about 'underlying health conditions' I might have that I don't know about or if the things I do have will put me at risk.... then I feel selfish because I haven't even got it or being directly affected by it but the chance of death, any cause of death, is at the forefront of my mind daily now 😕
Me too. I have some health issues that aren’t in the high risk groups but then I think welol I’ve not had tests for a while so how do I know I don’t have other condtions now and I could die. Healthy women a bit younger than me have died, those 2 nurses have died. Those morbid thoughts are horrible aren’t they,

• Sad
I agree but they release daily the age range of the victims and how many died who were healthy. It was 40 people who died yesterday that had no underlying health conditions. I think most of us are now aware that it doesn't discriminate and any age are dying from it and not just those with underlying health conditions. However, if you look at the charts, the biggest age range of those dying are the elderly.
The 5 yr old had underlying health conditions I think they said ..yes it seems to be sweeping through the older generation :(

Reactions: 2
I have just recovered(?) from suspected (I haven’t been tested) covid 19 after 8 days bed bound, I live on my own and it was the scariest time of my life I honestly thought I could die and nobody would know. I know everyone on this thread is taking it quite seriously but I am 21 with no underlying health conditions, I’ve never even smoked and honestly people on Facebook saying it’s just the flu haven’t a clue. I had the flu back in December time and this was next level I felt like I was breathing through a tiny hole and my throat felt like it was lined with razors. I still have an awful cough but nowhere near what it was like last week. Please please stay at home if not to protect other people do it to protect yourself and your family nobody deserves to go through what I have been through or worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.