Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are the predictions for what will happen after 14 April? I was foolishly under the impression that maybe we would have ended lockdown after only two weeks before Easter because two weeks of intense isolation would have flattened the curve, not realising that the lockdown will have to go on for those three weeks or more even because the pandemic is unpredictable.

Do you think it's possible this strict lockdown will have to continue for more weeks until the transmission of COVID 19 reduces or will it just be a case of social distancing and things could slowly back to how they were before COVID 19 was even in the UK?

How long did China have to maintain isolation in Wuhan?

What are the predictions for what will happen after 14 April? I was foolishly under the impression that maybe we would have ended lockdown after only two weeks before Easter because two weeks of intense isolation would have flattened the curve, not realising that the lockdown will have to go on for those three weeks or more even because the pandemic is unpredictable.

Do you think it's possible this strict lockdown will have to continue for more weeks until the transmission of COVID 19 reduces or will it just be a case of social distancing and things could slowly back to how they were before COVID 19 was even in the UK?

I reckon end of May he may relax some of the restrictions , seems pretty stupid to lift it before all the major bank holidays that will attract large crowds

Reactions: 7

Didn’t Wuhan lockdown for the last 2-3 months? Maybe I’m wrong.

i read today the lockdown may get softer and may lift in next few weeks, but that was on a sky news and I’m hoping that’s a load of crap. I don’t want my husband and eldest child to go back to work anytime soon while this virus is still so high risk. We haven’t even hit thr peak yet so surely we need a very long lockdown.

My youngest child’s teacher said to expect possibly they won’t be back in school until 2021, they’ve been given that as a worst case. Hes in year 9 and worried sick what that means, will they have to repeat year 9. So many children in his year aren’t even doing the work, he is but he said none of his friends are despite it counting towards their gcse.

Reactions: 8

End may/early June being optimistic. But I doubt life will get back to ‘normal’ for a very long time. I still have moments when I can’t believe this is actually real.

Reactions: 16

i read today the lockdown may get softer and may lift in next few weeks, but that was on a sky news and I’m hoping that’s a load of crap. I don’t want my husband and eldest child to go back to work anytime soon while this virus is still so high risk. We haven’t even hit thr peak yet so surely we need a very long lockdown.

My youngest child’s teacher said to expect possibly they won’t be back in school until 2021, they’ve been given that as a worst case. Hes in year 9 and worried sick what that means, will they have to repeat year 9. So many children in his year aren’t even doing the work, he is but he said none of his friends are despite it counting towards their gcse.
2021. Fml 🤯

Reactions: 5
Honestly I dont understand how we can lift the lockdown when people arent adhering to it? I appreciate I dont know full details but my neighbours had friends over yesterday, and when I rang my Nan, who was quite teary, she said her neighbour (elderly) had gone for a drive to a farm shop as she was bored.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m in the south too and it’s not sunny here either. Dry and not too cold but I wouldn’t be running to the beach personally 😂
Maybe it’s nicer down south. The daily mail pictures showed London & Brighton.
I'm in Devon and it's sunny and 13c. Quite a few walking along the local beach

Reactions: 1

Realistically I think teachers are going to have to do some kind of condensed curriculum when they return and assume the content hasn’t been done and reteach it, especially if it’s gcse stuff

Honestly I dont understand how we can lift the lockdown when people arent adhering to it? I appreciate I dont know full details but my neighbours had friends over yesterday, and when I rang my Nan, who was quite teary, she said her neighbour (elderly) had gone for a drive to a farm shop as she was bored.
how can people not take this seriously now?! None of us have ever seen anything like this in our lifetimes! Most of the world in shutdown, economy on the downturn. It’s crazy.
things are still really quiet near me but I hope that doesn’t change tomorrow with the nice weather.

I just read a 5 year old died today☹
Nearly cried when I heard about this. I can't imagine not being able to say goodbye properly.

I am glad that this virus doesn't seem to be taking many children. Of course that doesn't diminish how awful it is that children have died, but I don't think I could cope listening to the news if more children were dying.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
A few times this week I've seen someone I know, who is in her 70's, visit her adult grandchild. Then the grandchild comes out and drives the gran's car down to the shop. Ffs 🙄 it really winds me up!!!!

• Angry
Reactions: 2
I know someone who has been going between houses, plus their little one going between 3 and they got proper crappy when I questioned them about it!

• Angry
Reactions: 2
That made me cry listening to him talking about the people who have died 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Yel

Oh God, it's Gormless Gove again 🤦‍♀️
An article in the guardian praising Matt Hancock started with this and it's spot on😆

First, the psychotically unstable Dominic Raab, then the pathologically untrustworthy Michael Gove, culminating with the shambolically underprepared Alok Sharma.

Remember listen to gove the expert runner when he says you only need to leave the house for half an hour a day to workout.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know someone like this, all about the clap and making use of NHS perks but they're a locum GP and have not worked for weeks as they don't want to get the virus.
Two of my cousins are doctors. One has actually taken two weeks leave and gone to stay at my grandfather's house (he doesn't need care) and the other has barely left the hospital. :whistle:

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.