Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Critically ill patients with Covid19 in Ireland will be asked to take part in a clinical trial on how to treat the disease.
The trial will test the effects of different interventions for Covid19 patients, who are being treated in intensive care units. These interventions include antiviral drugs and immunomodulatory drugs.
St Vincent's University Hospital in Dublin and University Hospital Galway will begin the trialing these interventions next week, which is part of a global research effort to tackle the pandemic.
If a patient is too unwell to give consent, their next of kin could then be asked for permission.

God that’s an awkward position to be put in as a family. Necessary though.

17 more COVID-19 related deaths brings no to 71.

325 new cases brings cases to 3,235
I keep thinking about this, if you have a family member in ICU who’s stable, but unconscious, but you’re told the prognosis isn’t good, and you were asked to give consent, would you do it?

or would you volunteer yourself If you were in ICU?

I'm not sure how unwell a person needs to be to be a tribute. I assume there needs to be some chance of survival?

Hahahahaha this cracked me up as I love getting the washing out before my neighbours too 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I knew I was officially an adult at the age of 28, when looking at my washing drying on the cheap rack made me happy.

I keep thinking about this, if you have a family member in ICU who’s stable, but unconscious, but you’re told the prognosis isn’t good, and you were asked to give consent, would you do it?

I'm not sure how unwell a person needs to be to be a tribute. I assume there needs to be some chance of survival?
The thing is you don't ever know how you're going to react until your in that situation.

Reactions: 2
The thing is you don't ever know how you're going to react until your in that situation.
I’d do it if it was myself, I think, but making the choice for someone else is hard. Suppose it depends on their age, parent or spouse or sibling 🤷‍♀️
defiantly not a clear yes or no.

Reactions: 3
Just looked up if they deliver where my Mum lives but sadly not ☹
Please try her local shops, like spa n stuff because shops are trying to help by changing the way they operate. Good luck xx

Reactions: 1
At this point we can’t just blame China.
Oh but many will try. Politically, this is a win for those alt right types who like to act like China is the only country in the world with human rights abuses and a censored press. They don’t really care about those things just that it’s a (so-called) communist state. They go mysteriously quiet when you bring up the Russia comparisons and start muttering about MSM fake news.

Reactions: 8
Oh but many will try. Politically, this is a win for those alt right types who like to act like China is the only country in the world with human rights abuses and a censored press. They don’t really care about those things just that it’s a (so-called) communist state. They go mysteriously quiet when you bring up the Russia comparisons and start muttering about MSM fake news.
Oh they will.

Local group I’m in asked how people will do things differently after this is over and over half of them said they’ll never buy Chinese products again.

I don’t know what that would solve but I told them good luck because almost everything comes from China🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Add to that the temporary tent hospital in Central Park . Just saw that on channel 4 news along with a hospital in Brooklyn with patients literally lining the corridors. This is the richest country in the world? Horrific.
America has shocked me tbh ,the social distancing is as wide as ever no pulling together at all :(

All governments are corrupt one way or another

Bloody hell every time I see Chris Whitty I keep seeing Lauren Harris. :LOL:
Think how Lauren Harries is feeling , 😂 and tbf they're both brainy

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh they will.

Local group I’m in asked how people will do things differently after this is over and over half of them said they’ll never buy Chinese products again.

I don’t know what that would solve but I told them good luck because almost everything comes from China🤦🏼‍♀️
Haha good luck with that! Idiots, I bet half of them were posting from their iPhone or MacBook. Not that it makes sense even if they did manage to boycott Chinese products, bit of a cutting off your nose to spite your face situation there.

Those jumping to attack China or Chinese people largely seen to fall into two camps. There’s the more politically motivated types I mentioned who are fervently opposed anything classified ‘left wing’ by definition (which is hilarious in China’s case when it’s so authoritarian it possesses none of the qualities I associate with the left, the line between that and facism really is minimal).

Then there are those who haven’t any interest in the political system but need an outlet for their racism. It may have even been relatively dormant before but the fear about the virus and a Facebook post claiming to show a Chinese person eating something they didn’t like made it all come flooding out. It’s fear of the other and the age old need for humans to find a scapegoat in times of crisis.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. Not everybody is charismatic and he was probably told to appear solemn. At uni several of my lecturers couldn’t even give eye contact on a one to one basis but in front of a lecture hall speaking about their subject they came alive. I Would much rather somebody walk the walk rather than talk the talk but not much else.
Precisely, Chris Whitty holds the position he does because of his qualifications and experience. I want someone who knows what they are talking about giving us guidance on COVID-19, not a Brad Pitt lookalike.

Well I can, if that country's bloody government had been honest, transparent and responsible about this virus from the start then we wouldn't be in the situation we are now in. They knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it so as far as I'm concerned they have blood on their hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
America has shocked me tbh ,the social distancing is as wide as ever no pulling together at all :(
Yeah, sorry to repeat myself but tents in Central Park for a hospital. I know during the depression there iwere people living in the park who’d lost their homes so it’s insane to see it happen again. The fact it’s for hospital beds which people which people will die in, in this famous landmark, in a city defined by its prosperity, is in some ways even scarier than temporary homes.

What do you mean by the second part? Oh, a lack of unity ? It’s true. We think we’re divided in the UK but largely it’s not felt that way during this. America is so bitterly at war with itself, with a figure who inspires either vitriol or devotion as the mouthpiece at a time when you need a strong calm leader to look to. I really wouldn’t want to be living there now, and I’ve spent half my life obsessed with the place and moving back and forth from New York.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
co= from corona so you'd say coh
Vi=from virus
D=disease
It's not a catchy name, is it. Should have called it arse. Cos it's 💩
I started singing that in my head like spongebob

F is for friends that do stuff together
U Is for you and me
N is for........no just me? Ok 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 7
it made me cry too. I know he probably wasn't aware but both when my son was sick, and in his final days, all he wanted was me and his Dad close, even when he was really confused. it breaks my heart for both him and the family. I can't imagine not being able to be there. Watching your child die is horrible but knowing that I was there with him is a huge comfort for me, and I hope it was for my son too.
I cant imagine how strong you have to be to go through something like that. Honestly sending all my love to you and your family ❤

Reactions: 12
Critically ill patients with Covid19 in Ireland will be asked to take part in a clinical trial on how to treat the disease.
The trial will test the effects of different interventions for Covid19 patients, who are being treated in intensive care units. These interventions include antiviral drugs and immunomodulatory drugs.
St Vincent's University Hospital in Dublin and University Hospital Galway will begin the trialing these interventions next week, which is part of a global research effort to tackle the pandemic.
If a patient is too unwell to give consent, their next of kin could then be asked for permission.

God that’s an awkward position to be put in as a family. Necessary though.

17 more COVID-19 related deaths brings no to 71.

325 new cases brings cases to 3,235
I work in medical research and there are several trials around at the moment for Covid 19 using a variety of drugs currently used for other diseases as well as novel drugs...also much research into vaccine

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah, sorry to repeat myself but tents in Central Park for a hospital. I know during the depression there iwere people living in the park who’d lost their homes so it’s insane to see it happen again. The fact it’s for hospital beds which people which people will die in, in this famous landmark, in a city defined by its prosperity, is in some ways even scarier than temporary homes.

What do you mean by the second part? Oh, a lack of unity ? It’s true. We think we’re divided in the UK but largely it’s not felt that way during this. America is so bitterly at war with itself, with a figure who inspires either vitriol or devotion as the mouthpiece at a time when you need a strong calm leader to look to. I really wouldn’t want to be living there now, and I’ve spent half my life obsessed with the place and moving back and forth from New York.
Yes it's very sad the way all those people have been left devoid of help ..And even sadder their president still believes "there's no way like the American way" he'll dig his heels in even further to try and keep the economy going ,while the people are dying in they're thousands around him .He's one sick individual:devilish:

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Is anyone else feeling tentatively hopeful after the BBC briefings and then have it destroyed by everyone on Twitter? Think I need to deleted some apps on my phone x
I don't have twitter, would you mind elaborating?
Hopefully we can help reassure you x

Reactions: 1
Oh they will.

Ah and with perfect timing a girl I was in halls with in university who was honestly one of the stupidest people I’ve met in my life has rewarded the world with her hot take on Facebook. She’s posted some dubious looking article about foood markets reopening saying she hopes the virus “kills you all you vile human beings.” The people posting this stuff really are lowest common denominators, I’m not exaggerating her stupidity and ignorance . In 2009 she asked me if George bush was our prime minster. And yet she wants us to take her perspective seriously.

This comment is amazing though. The hypocrisy -and lack of awareness- is unbelievable (it really underlines the double standards of judging what other cultures eat)
67CE19B4-FC63-4DDF-A679-51D8A58508F8.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

This isn’t just Ireland, this will be happening in the uk. From what I know so far, yes I would consent.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.