Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry you're struggling so much. Do you have friends you could contact when you're feeling super low? Have you tried any therapy?
Mental health support in my area is terrible and therapy was traumatic and I was treated badly. Anyways thanks for asking

Was on a drive through the city earlier and couldn't believe my eyes - there was a Navy ship docked at the harbour (not that unusual) but also an army truck & army jeep with about 25-30 soldiers milling around and setting up some sort of long tent / marquee...?!

Is this what the testing centres look like in Ireland or can anyone shed any light?!

Reactions: 1
Bit morbid but Iv felt more suicidal than I usually do. Not to worry anyone Iv just been crying it out and napping. Maybe a bit more snappy with people but I'm trying to keep my xool
We're all here for you luv, it's a horrible time right now but things will change. Things will get better, try to hold onto that thought when the intrusive thoughts come. It is a scary time and there are a lot of people who are afraid, you are not alone in having these feelings, it's perfectly fine to share how you feel. Come on here anytime you need to talk, there is always someone ready to listen xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I thought diabetes was one of them. I'm so worried about my mother her work aren't taking anything seriously 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 3
does anyone think the government are still secretly going ahead with that heard immunization tit?

like they’ll throw a few “suggestions” out there because they were being criticized so much, but not enough to stop it spreading.

am I out of order thinking that.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Picture from Twitter today of Victoria Park in London 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦
I can understand people wanting to go for walks and maybe (just maybe) they thought it would be quiet ? BUT is that a market going on?? Shouldn’t that all be closed anyway?

He's threatening further measures......its com
does anyone think the government are still secretly going ahead with that heard immunization tit?

like they’ll throw a few “suggestions” out there because they were being criticized so much, but not enough to stop it spreading.

am I out of order thinking that.
No I think you might be spot on, He does seem to be relying an awful lot on us "doing the right thing"

Reactions: 6
I'm in Germany and to be honest, we were all expecting a lockdown to be announced today. Surprisingly, Merkel announced that there will be a ban on more than 2 people meeting outside, unless it's immediate family.
Also they're closing hairdressers, massage places, tattoo studios etc nationwide (before each federal state had its own rules).

Supposedly the fine will be 25.000 EUR for severe cases of disobedience of these new rules.

Honestly, not much changing for me personally and most reasonale people here. I was out for a walk in the city today and only saw singles or couples walking around. Whenever I crossed paths with anyone, we tried to keep the minimum distance of 1.5 m.

The country as a whole has changed dramatically within a week. Yes, there are still some idiots meeting up for "corona parties" but that is by far the minority.
In regards to the shops, I'm shocked at what you guys are reporting from the UK!
People here have been stockpiling loo roll, flour and yeast (as if they're all going to become professional bakers all of a sudden - while our wonderful bakeries are also still open mind you) and pasta.
Apart from that, stores are still stocked well and we have been told time and time again that there is no need to stockpile. Moooost people don't go overboard which I'm happy about.

Keep safe and healthy everyone!!!!
Also, felt like adding about the testing in Germany since some of you were wondering.
Personally, I think testing is really being limited. You are only being tested if you have symptoms and have been in one of the "risk areas" OR have had contact with someone who has been tested positive.

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have had a sore throat and cough for a few days but it never got worse and is much better now but you better believe I panicked a bit. Also, pregnant women are not categorized as high risk or risk at all here. So reading that in the UK pregnant women in their 3rd trimester should self isolate for 12 weeks or until the baby is born gave me quite a fright.

It is still interesting to me how differently countries are handling this situation and are classifying people in terms of risk.

Reactions: 2
I can understand people wanting to go for walks and maybe (just maybe) they thought it would be quiet ? BUT is that a market going on?? Shouldn’t that all be closed anyway?
There seemed to be loads of food markets going on in London yesterday and today.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
One just went up in Dublin yesterday on the quays, next to one of the Navy ships. Army tents to be used as testing centre

Reactions: 4
He's threatening further measures......its com

No I think you might be spot on, He does seem to be relying an awful lot on us "doing the right thing"
I feel like closing the schools and a few leisure type businesses was just to appease the public, but that’s not where the problem lies and figures won’t improve if people are still allowed to gather and socialize.

i know it’s all a gamble so I don’t want to critise too much.

Reactions: 6
So my office hasn't shut yet and there are over 600 people, all air conditioned. I self isolated for a week and still have a cough, was told I can't take another week as I won't get paid. When will we do a full lock down as I'm a VERY anxious to leave my house tomorrow morning?

Reactions: 5
A few depressing things...
Another shift of being shouted at by customers because we had sold out of milk
My husband's work are still saying he's over reacting and he needs to go on despite him having severe COPD
Work and outside of work was packed with people hugging and high fiving each other etc :(

Some positives
A nice sunny day today
The food bank box at work was absolutely over flowing with donations
:)

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Was on a drive through the city earlier and couldn't believe my eyes - there was a Navy ship docked at the harbour (not that unusual) but also an army truck & army jeep with about 25-30 soldiers milling around and setting up some sort of long tent / marquee...?!

Is this what the testing centres look like in Ireland or can anyone shed any light?!
Ya same in Dublin. Next to a naval ship. Army tent to be used as a test centre.

Reactions: 4
To me it sounds like a lockdown is coming... he knows aslong as the sun keeps coming out people are going to be treating this like an extended bank holiday....

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.